General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cocky Ridaz - Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 04:38 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Cocky Ridaz - Los Angeles

thats true they probally just dont understand.they should use a different symbol. likeabroken WOK.
Just kidding i work with2 sport bike riders and amy boss has a vtx we are always busting each other *****

Old 08-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Dinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pablo22

Probably not is right - YOU must be one of those "I'm offended" types, I can't say whether an email will do the trick withthese guys Dinger, but at least I can say there was a problem and it was addressed. I came up on some of these same streets and almost everyone I knew that was my old mans age was a Vietnam Veteran - we were taught respect for Veterans. If it doesn't change,it may require a more hands-on approach.
I'm in no way offended by your remarks.

I was just commenting that most of these kids don't know the suffering and honorbehind the award of a Purple Heart.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:59 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So if one of them wrecks and looses a limb, do they wear the Medal of Honor? These guys are should try earning what they wear instead of disrespecting it.

Chris

Old 08-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Arizona Flash
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is getting interesting. Some flaming arrows are starting to be shot, but isn't that expected in a forum and why we all continue to come here?

A forum is a posting for opinions. Some of those opinions can get personal and heated. The reason I have a opportunity to express my opinion freely is because of the veterans that were awarded the Purple Heart, not because of stunters awarding it to themselves. The Purple Heart has a silhouette of George Washington on it and symbolizes a physical injury to a military service member in combat. There are a lot of other people who have been wounded in combat who were not military members and who are not awarded the medal because they were not in the military at the time, even though their wounds were just as painful and just as much a result of the same cause as the military member's. If the civilian does not get awarded that medal, then certainly some inner city stunter does not deserve it for falling off his bike and getting a boo-boo, showing national television that it is a badge of honor awarded because he fell off his ride.

I understand everyone can be offended by anything and we all should have a thick skin and let everything fall off our backs. However, to me the Purple Heart is a cherished symbol to be honored by every American who understands how we got to where we are and are grateful to all those that got us here. For the stunter to think I should not be offended by him wearing a Purple Heart, would be like me saying to him "I also have a free speech right, so don't be offended. I just said on national television you're an *ss who's sister I just banged last night."

No. They can design their own "Boo-boo badge of honor". Do not disgrace all those who are wearing it in graves with their military service record chiseled on the headstone.

Whew... I feel a lot better!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dinger

Probably not is right - YOU must be one of those "I'm offended" types, I can't say whether an email will do the trick withthese guys Dinger, but at least I can say there was a problem and it was addressed. I came up on some of these same streets and almost everyone I knew that was my old mans age was a Vietnam Veteran - we were taught respect for Veterans. If it doesn't change,it may require a more hands-on approach.

I was just commenting that most of these kids don't know the suffering and honorbehind the award of a Purple Heart.
Shoulda been more clear - that was in reply to inependentbikeworks lamea$$ comments Dinger, not yours. I agree they don't know, they just need to be educated.

Arizona Flash -well said!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:54 PM
skid jackson
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting ....
Not too long ago I read the thread about german WW2 helmets andemblems used by bikers. A poster commented about WW2 vets giving bikers back in the 60's crap about using said emblems. Very disrespectfull. Now we have Vets getting upset about bikers using american military emblems on their bikes ... why .... Very disrespectful Donch'a know.

Does anything ever really change???

Old 09-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Arizona Flash
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very perceptive comment Skid just made above.

Guess there will always be a symbol that strikes a nerve that lights a fuse in some group. The issue with the Cockey Ridaz wearing the Purple Heart may work itself out. They are bound to ride through a group of vets. May as well ride through the Annual Rap Awards wearing white hoods, or through a Holacost Survivor's meeting wearing swastikas.

The gene pool always gets some occasional chlorine.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:58 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoulda been more clear - that was in reply to inependentbikeworks lamea$$ comments Dinger, not yours. I agree they don't know, they just need to be educated.

Lamea$$ huh?
Whatever Mr. big bad biker
Why dont you go find them and spit on em?

Old 09-01-2007, 03:17 PM
akenaten
Banned

ORIGINAL: INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS

Probably not is right - YOU must be one of those "I'm offended" types, I can't say whether an email will do the trick with these guys Dinger, but at least I can say there was a problem and it was addressed. I came up on some of these same streets and almost everyone I knew that was my old mans age was a Vietnam Veteran - we were taught respect for Veterans. If it doesn't change, it may require a more hands-on approach.

I was just commenting that most of these kids don't know the suffering and honor behind the award of a Purple Heart.
Shoulda been more clear - that was in reply to inependentbikeworks lamea$$ comments Dinger, not yours. I agree they don't know, they just need to be

educated.

Lamea$$ huh?
Whatever Mr. big bad biker
Why dont you go find them and spit on em?

Whoa!!!!! What a come back!!![sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=loser.gif] And I KNOW you won't be offended!

Old 09-01-2007, 06:48 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

it says here that this is a senior rider can't believe that to be true you could not have lived that long and been this stupid ...
that program has some really good riding on it but definitly send the wrong message . ..
ORIGINAL: INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS

Seems there is always something to offend someone.
Its kinda funny really.
There are alot of people who are offended by you, whether you know it or not.
Maybe some day all you "Im offended" types will learn to mind your own buisness and let others live there own lives.
Probably not though.

Quick Reply: Cocky Ridaz - Los Angeles