General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cocky Ridaz - Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:18 PM
RoaDRage
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cocky Ridaz - Los Angeles

Stunting is a fad. Here today... I saw one of them black Ridaz blasting through a big intersection sliding on his feet on the left side of his bike. What a jackass.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The purple heart is a military badge of merit awarded to those that have been injured or killed in combat. I agree that it's totally out of line for some stunters to start sewing the same symbol on their gear.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:22 PM
KFly
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Arizona Flash
"But the Purple Heart thing ragged me extremely. As an Army veteran with a son currently is the Army in Iraq, and a brother that was shot in the head in Viet Nam (he survived), I would have ripped them off their vests right there. Probably would have gotten my a** royaly kicked in the process, but it would be worth it to protect the honor of that medal.
Yea, what he said X2, 1 beer...

Old 08-31-2007, 07:46 AM
CornbredNE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a 14 yr Navy vet. who is getting ready to transfer back to sea (ship is already underway), I understand the point about the honor of the symbol of the purple heart, but why let it bug you...if that is all the honor those POS idiots have to wear their version of the purple heart as a badge of honor for their stupidity, let it be. We all know they haven't earned them...let it go...[sm=biker2.gif] Let the honorable ones continue to hold the flag and serve!!!!!!!!!!

David

Old 08-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Do you actually think sending these guys emails will help?

I understand your feelings about the Purple Heart, however these kids are out there on the streets.

That's where they're educated.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:54 PM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems there is always something to offend someone.
Its kinda funny really.
There are alot of people who are offended by you, whether you know it or not.
Maybe some day all you "Im offended" types will learn to mind your own buisness and let others live there own lives.
Probably not though.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:18 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I work in a hospitol this time around in Iraq Last time I was on the road for a year. Seen many people earn that medal alot of them never saw them. I think that is very offensive and i hope someone has a heart to heart with them before they run into the wrong group.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:20 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

asked some other people here they said the same thing unless they earn it. one said he would cut them off there vest.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Probably not is right - YOU must be one of those "I'm offended" types, as you so eloquently put it. You seem offended by this post. Being offended is not a big deal - I find your post offensive, but I know not to get into internet arguments with people like you, you just drag the rest of us down to your level and beat the hell out of us with experience. It's about honor and respect. I guarantee somebody in that club is related to somebody who was awarded the Purple Heart. I'm sure they didn't sit around one day and say, hey, let's use something that will **** people off for our crash award - i got it - let's disprespect combat wounded/killed Vets! I hope that somebody pointingout to them how disrespectful it is they would make the change. I can't say whether an email will do the trick withthese guys Dinger, but at least I can say there was a problem and it was addressed. I came up on some of these same streets and almost everyone I knew that was my old mans age was a Vietnam Veteran - we were taught respect for Veterans. If it doesn't change,it may require a more hands-on approach.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Fats4life
Cruiser

I think it would be best to send a nice E-mail to Speedchannel since they were the ones that airedit. I seen the guys from super bikes at VIR last year. Who knows maybe they will reply.

Quick Reply: Cocky Ridaz - Los Angeles