General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Your HD Dealership Come to the Rescue

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024 | 06:06 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

I don't have a dealership. I have the closest fleet farm, pig and walmart. The one I bought my new bike from left me extremely disenfranchised with Harley, with the warranty problems, such that the next bike was used.

Old 05-27-2024 | 03:28 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Update - New Motor

Update:

I heard from RT today and he has located a good 96 CI motor out of a 2010 Ultra with 23k miles on it that runs good.

He's picking the motor up tomorrow and hopes to be back on the road soon.

RT was impressed with my comments and recommendations on Pro-Action suspension. He plans to reach out to George and hopefully schedule a ride to Beaver Falls.

It so, I told him to include me in the ride. I would like to go back up and visit these guys again.

Old 05-28-2024 | 06:29 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

If I’m in the Beaver Falls area I will stop and say hello.maybe in August. Looks like you made a new friend in RT. Seems like a interesting fellow.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (05-28-2024)
Old 05-29-2024 | 07:26 PM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member

So....Man's motorcycle breaks on a trip. Man gets 2 free rides....free meals....free accommodations....and makes a couple new friends. He's got to be thinking he rode through a worm hole into a parallel universe. "This stuff just doesn't happen to people".

I love your code of ethics CR....truly worthy of the title 'brother'. I can extend the same assistance to you or others here if you ever need pulled off the road in southern Ohio. No BoJangle's though, so you'd be downgrading to homemade French toast or blueberry pancakes. Apology just in case.

The following 3 users liked this post by StoneTrekker:
Cosmic Razorback (05-29-2024), gonemad (05-30-2024), Notgrownup (05-31-2024)
Old 05-30-2024 | 07:55 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by StoneTrekker
So....Man's motorcycle breaks on a trip. Man gets 2 free rides....free meals....free accommodations....and makes a couple new friends. He's got to be thinking he rode through a worm hole into a parallel universe. "This stuff just doesn't happen to people".

I love your code of ethics CR....truly worthy of the title 'brother'. I can extend the same assistance to you or others here if you ever need pulled off the road in southern Ohio. No BoJangle's though, so you'd be downgrading to homemade French toast or blueberry pancakes. Apology just in case.

I think I need to try my luck in southern Ohio again. French toast and BB pancakes sounds pretty good!

The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
gonemad (05-30-2024), Notgrownup (05-31-2024)
Old 05-30-2024 | 08:11 PM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
I think I need to try my luck in southern Ohio again. French toast and BB pancakes sounds pretty good!
["and"] Well....I suppose you could have both for breakfast, lol. 🤣 You don't need to suffer a breakdown though. I'd rather see you ride in vs getting rescued from the roadside.

The following 2 users liked this post by StoneTrekker:
Cosmic Razorback (05-31-2024), Notgrownup (05-31-2024)
Old 06-01-2024 | 06:20 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Saturday June 1st

Update from RJ:

Well I got bike back yesterday but rain here today, maybe tomorrow I will be able to start breaking seat in. Hope things are going good for y'all.

Yes plus he replaced the cams with same as I had in the other engine so that the tuning are the same. The seller sent me a video of engine running so I could hear it and see no smoke. Maybe I will be lucky.
Mechanic got engine and cams from me at closing Tuesday and called before lunch on Friday telling me it was ready.
Other than the expense this break down was as good as a person could hope for. Look forward to hopefully seeing y'all and maybe catching a meal together my next trip through.

Old 06-01-2024 | 06:40 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Sad but as more good dealers are closed .This left have no reason to provide services. They don't pick up bikes, they will not work on many.
Lot of not my problem attitude. They are there to finance sales of new bikes and sell marked up SE parts. And of course the HD clothing line.
Dealership that was shut down here. If you were broke and need a pick they would find away. The owner was not against taking the van of trailer and picking you up.
No you are lucky if the real owner shows up for more than and make me more money meeting.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (06-02-2024)
Old 06-05-2024 | 07:31 PM
MrW0rldwide
Cruiser
Veteran: Army

Now that’s how you lay it forward.

Old 10-20-2024 | 03:54 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Update on Taylor

It’s hard to believe it’s already been 5 months since we helped Taylor out and made a new friend. I want to give you guys an update on him.

He was able to pick up a really clean 96 CI motor out of the same year bike (2010) that had been totaled. He put the exact same cams in that his old motor had so no tuning was required.

He has now put 9500 miles on the bike with this engine and is very happy. He just left our house after spending the weekend with us and will cross the 10k mark by the time he is back home in Georgia. He is also close to clicking over 100k miles on his bike. He’ll be riding to New Orleans soon before year end.

We have stayed in touch and we’re going to meet up in Maryville for the bike rally prior to Hurricane Helene. Instead he was wanting to take a ride and came back up and spent a couple of days with us. We took him to The Depot at Cody Creek for dinner last night. Great food and service, and a wonderful time to catch up with him.

https://www.codycreek.org/

This morning he went to church with us and we had lunch following at a small local diner. Then he rolled onto I-40 west bound toward Asheville. He came up out of Georgia on 74 to 40 and did not have any issues. He did share with us a lot of the visible damage he saw on the way.

Taylor was very interested in the sheep skin covers for the seat. We gave him our old old to test out.

Ride safe Taylor, keep the sunny side up and we look forward to seeing you again.

We rode 75 miles today. The Carolina Girl got to put the new sissy bar to the test. She likes it far better than the HD one and the chopped tour pack.

The following 5 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
Cap77 (10-20-2024), LoneBone (10-20-2024), s-glide76 (Yesterday), Tjroadie (10-20-2024), Tommy C (10-20-2024)

Quick Reply: Does Your HD Dealership Come to the Rescue