General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leatherup.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Dragon919!
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leatherup.com

Has anyone used leatherup.com for Jacket's and Boots? I'm looking at this http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...ket/42638.htmland this http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...oes/46575.htmlThese prices seem more then reasonable, but I've always believed "you get what you pay for" Any advise here is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 08-30-2007, 07:51 AM
MAchonewon
Road Master
Default RE: Leatherup.com

I have purchased a couple of jackets from them and I am extremely pleased. I just received a coupon in email from them for there Labor Day sale.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:56 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't bought anything from them. But, I bought a $100 leather jacket a few years ago at Marcus Dairy and it has held up decently (just one broken button on the inside pocket). With that said, I haven't been unfortunate enough to test out its effectiveness in a fall. I honestly don't think it would hold up that well since it just doesn't have a quality "feel" to it. Just my .02, but I agree with you that you usually get what you pay for.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:09 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I paid around $60 for a very heavy leather MC jacket from Leather up. It would have been a decent buy at twice the price.

The only caution I have is the sizing may not be exact. I usually wear between a 46-48, and I had to go to a 50 for shoulder and sleeve fit. They were fine about the return.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:29 AM
JamieCarr
Banned

I bought my wife and I a jacket from them about a year ago. good stuff,.......no complaints here.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:35 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased a leather jacket there last year but had to send it back due to incorrect sizing issues (asian sizing?) ..it was labeled a large but barely fit like a medium - they didn't have it in an XL so I returned it. I thought about trying a different jack and inquired as to the sizing for that one on their website - nobody ever responded back so I didn't order another from them.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:36 AM
mark1957222
Tourer

I bought the classic type one for $64.95, it's a great jacket. Very heavy leather and well made. I agree with JBBOOKS, you might want to get a size bigger than you measure at. I measured my chest at 42" and that is the size I sent for, it fits but it would be better to have it a little looser. So order one size bigger.

For some reason a lot of people on here love the Fox Creek jackets, they probably are a softer leather and made a little better, but for the same style jacket, the Fox Creek cost 6 times as much as the LeatherUp one.

For the price I think you will be happy with the LeatherUp jacket. (even if it only last 5 years you can buy 5 more of them for the price of one Fox Creek).

Old 08-30-2007, 09:45 AM
junk runner jr
Intermediate

I orderd a combination mesh and leather jacket from them. I was nice but as mentioned before the sizing was way off. They accepted the return with no problem and I am waiting for them to get a larger size in stock. They dont have exactly what I want but for the price I decided to go ahead and order it.

They are hard to get ahold of on the phone some times though.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:04 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

bought leather pant's from them first thing was to have a heavier snap put on. out side of that they ok.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:26 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I know some guys that have the 'Classic Style' jackets from Leatherup. Not sure of the exact models, but I believe they said the cost was around $100 or something like that.

The Leatherup jackets I've seen appear to be good quality, have zip out liners, good hardware, and pretty heavy leather. Can't see why they wouldn't work (and last) just as well as products of about the same quality with a 'big corporate name' on the label.

Only problem I heard of was with getting the sizing correct, but apparently Leatherup is pretty good about making exchanges.

Quick Reply: Leatherup.com