General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tricking my wife!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tricking my wife!

Just over a year ago I went out and bought a Street Bob. My wife by no means wanted me to get it and was as mad as hell at me when I did, but she got over it. I guess I should just let it go, but I would like her to go for a ride with me oncein a while. Well after her not wanting me with a bike, I talked herinto getting our 8 year olsd a 50cc dirt bike (pit bike)for Christmas last year. It has a 14 inch front tire and a 12 rear tire. It is a fairly sturdy little bike and a considerable sized rider ride it. I have gotten her to get on it and ride it a few times and when she does it is all smiles.

Now here's the tricky part, I recently helped a friend outbydoing some dirt work with my tractor so he could pour a cement driveway. While we were taking a break from the heat, I asked him what was he going to do with a 2003 Yamaha TTR 225 dirt bike that was in his shop. To make a long story short after 3 or 4 weeks of hisdriveway being in,I come home from riding my Street Bob one day to findthe dirt bikeunder my carport. I called him and he said itis mine. It doesn't run but will not take much to get it running. Although I had no intention of him paying me for any of the work that I had done, I will keep the bike. I told the wife that I am fixing it for myself, this is true but I want to fix it just as much for her to get on it and get hooked on riding.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:48 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Tricking my wife!

Good luck !!!

Old 08-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Matrix
Road Master

Thanks, just over a year ago she said that she would never get on a motorbike, well she has ridden our sons dirt bike severl times now and it is just a bit too small.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Bluerose

That's cool...hope she has some fun

Old 08-29-2007, 11:10 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dirt is more fun,,,,hope u got a great poker face.....

Old 08-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Obi68
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck, she may have just needed a little "encouragement" and the dirtbike may be the answer.

Obi

Old 08-30-2007, 03:34 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

When I got the bike, the wife called it 'my' bike. And didn't want much to do with it. Then she started to ride more on the back. Then her brother brought down some 4 wheelers for us to play on. She had a dirt bike as a kid, and after riding the 4 wheekers, she wanted a bike. her mom gave her her old yamaha. She loves the thing, and always wants to go riding. Once she passes the MSF course, she wants to get a HD. We will see what the finances look like, but once you get them started, it gets expensive. LOL

Old 08-30-2007, 04:55 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

She has to be a part of the biker experience.Life will be good after that.Be patient with her.My wife loves Harleys but is afraid to ride on the new Hot Rod Harley.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Mnhorsemom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just over a year ago Hub announced we were getting Harleys (as in plural) I had never ridden, said NO, NO way in he!!, not gonna happen...well a year, 2 Harleys and several thousand miles later I gotta say I am HOOKED. If you can just get your wife a little bit interested she will do the rest herself. Good Luck!!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:35 PM
Matrix
Road Master

Thanks for all the comments and words of encouragement!

I hopeyou allare right.

Quick Reply: Tricking my wife!