General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB living next door

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:25 PM
Warden
|
Cruiser
Default RUB living next door

I ride an Ultra Classic and my wife rides a springer. Normally during the day and early evening we leave the garage door open so we can exit and enter the house. The neighbor next door is dating some new guy, "flavor of the month" and one evening he was out in the drive way and happen to hollar over nice bikes. To me it sounded sarcastic. I said thanks. The next day we heard a rumble out front and we were thinking it was one of our riding buddies, so we went to look and it was him on a Thunder Mountain. Shining like the northern star. Of course when he was pulling in he had to make it known he was there by rolling on the throttle about 1/2 tank worth. A little later, him and his new found lady were going to a bike night. She came out all garbed up in biker apperal which we have never seen her like this. Then she about fell of while trying to get on the bike.
That night it rained cats and dogs and later we did not see any bike in the drive but saw his truck. Must have taken it home and got the truck so he could pick her up from the bar.

Anyway, he always has to do a burn out on my street when he is leaving the neighborhood. Not a very good one at that.

I say he is a rub because we see him only on nice days about once a week on the bike. I am tempted to ask him how much it costs him to rent the bike for a day.

Not sure if I am just venting or mad about the nice bike comment.

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:34 PM
chandler
Cruiser
Default RE: RUB living next door

Pics and phone number of the neighbor please!

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:36 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master

I wouldn't worry abouthim or his "nice bike" comment.

Think of every idiot you encounter in your daily life.
If you let each one of them get to you, you'd go insane.

Look at it this way...your wife may get a great deal on some hardly used riding gear from the neighboronce the "flavor of the month" goes stale.

jimmyz
Tourer

Kinda glad Ima PUB!

Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

First, what someone does with their bike is none of my business but it would be hard to top my neighbor.

He bought a used 2001 Fatboy in 02 with 6,000 miles on the odometer and sold it this year with about 7,400 miles on the bike. He had it for over 4 years and put a grand total of about 1400 miles on it.

Now the engine must have had about 20,000 miles on it because every weekend he would start it up and move it to the driveway and let it idle for a few minutes and it would sit there until dark and he would start it up and pull it back in the garage. Whenver he had company he would sit on it and rev the bike to let everybody listen to the pipes. Once he got a few beers in him they would ride it around the sub-division a few laps.

This is not a BS story, this happened for the entire time he had it.

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:37 PM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like there is more getting under your skin than you're letting us in on! Why does he bother you.....you know him from somewhere? he older or younger than you? a smartazz? is he muscularly ripped like he's been in prison for 10yrs? What?

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:44 PM
Warden
|
Cruiser

He is a smartazz and thinks he is all that. Me and the wife will be sitting outside and they might be as well and not one word is said. She used to talk to us all the time and no comment from him after the "Nice Bike" comment. To be truthfully honest, his Thunder Mountain is the ugliest I have ever seen. And the person wanting the pics of her, she is BUTT azz ugly.

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:45 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

I have fourwords for you.................................."remote garage door opener".

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:47 PM
bosnmate
Banned

TXJammer may be on to something. Thou dost protest too much. Maybe he is secretly has the hots for the neighbor and is slightly jealous

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:48 PM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member

Maybe ya otta just go over there an' whoop him! Can you do a "real" burn out? Maybe you should get out there and show him how it's done!!! I know...before it gets said....I'm being childish....just the mood I'm in today. [>:]

Quick Reply: RUB living next door