General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB living next door

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007 | 04:21 AM
jv225
Road Master
Default RE: RUB living next door

ORIGINAL: Fat_06

It would be great to ride my bike to work, but even if I put bags on it I wouldn't be able to fit a 6' ladder, all my tools, hardware, parts, etc. in 'em...
I hear ya. Well a 6' step ladder isn't too bad you should try a 32' extention ladder I'm thinking of making some polished aluminum ladder racks for my wideglide

Old 08-30-2007 | 06:18 AM
cardoctor
Road Captain

other side of story .
my girlfriend live next to a couple the owns an hd ultra . tried to make small
talk but the guy has a bad attitude. i think he's jealous because i have a custom
and he rides an ultra just like alot of other people . matter of fact i waved at him but it wasnt him just a bike that looked like his.my girl friend might not be hot but
when she on the back with nothing on but chapps everybody gives me the thumbs up . i bought a custom because i have a small ***** but i get lots of *** .

JR

Old 08-30-2007 | 07:01 AM
allen605
Advanced

Look at the bright side, it could always be worse. He could be one of those urban, sawed off pipe, ninja zx-14 riders. I have one in my neighborhood that constantly has to rev his engine while parked in the driveway. A couple times a week the whole crotch rocket crew shows up and then has the engine rev contest before "Let's see who has the biggest *****" contest of acrobatics on their bikes. On one hand, I can appreciate their love for riding and think that if this was 1975, this crew would probably be riding Harley's or custom bobbers. It's rare to see young people these days riding anything other than cheap azz rockets. RUB's, BUB's, PRB's all have one common denominator, we love to ride on two wheels and can appreciate the beauty and craftsmenship of a motorcycle. My last five scoots have been harley's and If I had the money, I'd have agarage full of bikes. But since I don't, I am very content with my springer classic which will be my son's bike one day. Good reading, everyone stay safe out there.

Andy

Old 08-30-2007 | 07:07 AM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior

I think most of us are some flavor of RUB or RUB wannabe. My RUB side; I don't like to ride to work - nasty ride with too much traffic, I'd rather take the car to work. I have a newish (02) RK that I like to keep spiffed up, but I actually enjoy a ride in the rain if I get caught out.

My non RUB side; I do all my own wrenching including complete rebuilds and restore classic iron, and work on other RUBs bikes.

I have a bud who has no RUB in him whatsover. He has had the same bike for over 30 years, 72 FLH. He scrimped and saved to buy it and has been busting his knuckles to keep in running all these years. The bike hasn't been pretty for many many years. He rides the hell out of it when it's running. It still amazes him when a new rider goes out and buys a new shiny Harley. That just doesn't make sense to him and can't understand how people do it.

Old 08-30-2007 | 07:35 AM
Chrizzby
Road Warrior

I would ask the RUB to please respect the neighborhood and not do the burnout nicely, next time just tell him he's an A@@ hole !and to grow up.
Chrizzby...........

Old 08-30-2007 | 07:57 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Leave dem RUBs be. Some people ride in the rain , some don't.

Old 08-30-2007 | 08:06 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BigJfxdwg

I think we need more RUBs out there, that way there are more used bikes with 1-5000 miles on them that someone else took the hit after buying it new.
....unless it 's like the one that idled in the driveway for four years.....

Old 08-30-2007 | 08:22 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: MNPGRider

ORIGINAL: BigJfxdwg

I think we need more RUBs out there, that way there are more used bikes with 1-5000 miles on them that someone else took the hit after buying it new.
....unless it 's like the one that idled in the driveway for four years.....
[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=exactly.gif]

Old 08-30-2007 | 08:25 AM
cadman311
Club Member

I see it a little different. I would go over and ask him if they wanted to go for a ride with you. And if you are like us you can get to know your neighborhood. Then they would not have to show off for you.

Old 08-30-2007 | 08:52 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cadman311

I see it a little different. I would go over and ask him if they wanted to go for a ride with you. And if you are like us you can get to know your neighborhood. Then they would not have to show off for you.
Ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!! Taking the "high road" is always the best option and you might just make a new friend in the process. (that beats the hell out of making enemies!!)

Quick Reply: RUB living next door