General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB living next door

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 09:13 PM
Kolni
Banned
Default RE: RUB living next door

sounds like you are wound too tight

Old 08-29-2007 | 09:21 PM
x2lee
Banned

If thats the qualifiers I am a rub too!
ORIGINAL: tinknocker_02

I don't like to ride in the rain not for the dislike of the ride but I do take pride in keeping my bike clean and shiny.Riding in the rain guarentees it will be filthy quickly.Now I guess I'm a RUB cause I have a boat a bike AND a camper ....Maybe I just look at it like this.I work hard I play harder.

Old 08-29-2007 | 10:10 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

[sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 08-29-2007 | 10:56 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Fat_06

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

(3 bikes on the freeway durning the week then 300 on the weekend).....
I don't understand how this makes somebody a RUB, quite honestly I work 10 - 16 hrs a day during the week. And most of the time, at the end of the day, I am simply too worn out to ride my bike(sometimes I do)...
But because of working this hard I am able to make monthly payments on my Fatboy, and enjoy itevery weekend...
Bluerose, this is not directed at you, please don't take itas a personal attack, it's aimed at the concept that somebody is a RUB or poser or wanna be just because they only ride on weekends...
Sorry wasn't meant to be offensive. I just live in asomewhat highrent area and know wheremost of these guys come from. They are wearing every peice of high priced leather they could buy from the dealer al the way down to thier shiny boots...If the sky is overcast or its even slightly chilly youralmost back to the same 3 bikes[8D]. (Ok 3 isa lowballexageration but 300 may be an understatement)

Heck, I'm a MUB (middle-class not rich), until more recently I was riding on weekends as recreation to get away from the grindand was happy as I could be about it, but then I fell in love and I started commuting......Now I'm crying cause my back is out and I haven't been on the bike enough....BTW...I have been know to ride the bike to work at 8 am and home 3 am the next morning (it was cold too)....

I'm still a MUB....I'm definately no 1%'r

RUB to me = Person that runs out and buys a 20k plus for a bike cash then spends more time polishing and bragging then riding...usually means you should also ride well clear.

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:16 PM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SouthernLCC

AMEN. I am very new here, and this is the most pretentious thread I have read. If I actually cared, I might be intimidated. Really warm atmosphere for newer "members of the club". I guess I am a RUB and a Rolex Angel. Iride on the weekends only, I travel for business all week. Have no desire to ride in the rain. Guess I am the red headed step child...
Now wait just a dern minute....if you gonna use big words like pretentious and atmosphere....you gonna have to define em for us.[8D]

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:20 PM
Fat_06
Tourer

It would be great to ride my bike to work, but even if I put bags on it I wouldn't be able to fit a 6' ladder, all my tools, hardware, parts, etc. in 'em...

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:29 PM
Lamo70
Road Captain

Rolex Angels.................[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:30 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Fat_06

It would be great to ride my bike to work, but even if I put bags on it I wouldn't be able to fit a 6' ladder, all my tools, hardware, parts, etc. in 'em...
Sure you could take a ladder you just have to be reeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyy creative and take help with you....[sm=lol.gif]

Actually, Hubby is a Contractor so I know your pain.He laughs at me though when I get creative packing the bike. I took a Harley tricycle to my nephew's b-day on my Deluxe...it was sitting on the passenger seat and strapped to the sissy bar...I got a lot of funny looks

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:35 PM
JohnnyBoy
Road Captain

There you go, someone shouting our "Rolex Angeles" again. What is a Rolex Angel?

Old 08-30-2007 | 12:04 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned

I fricken HATE RUBS!![:@]
Buncha rich AZZHOLES, they make me sick[:'(] More money than they know what to do with.[:@] Can afford ANY bike they want.[:@]
Man, I wish I was a RUB[]

Quick Reply: RUB living next door