General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB living next door

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 08:20 PM
pepesworld
Cruiser
Default RE: RUB living next door

...........um...What's a "Thunder Mountain"?

Old 08-29-2007 | 08:29 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SouthernLCC

AMEN. I am very new here, and this is the most pretentious thread I have read. If I actually cared, I might be intimidated. Really warm atmosphere for newer "members of the club". I guess I am a RUB and a Rolex Angel. Iride on the weekends only, I travel for business all week. Have no desire to ride in the rain. Guess I am the red headed step child...
No, you're not the red headed step child around here. Contrary to what many guys on the forums might lead you to 'think', there are many individuals on the forums who - imagine this - RIDE WHEN AND WHERE THEY CAN. Like many here, I'm a business owner who travels extensively. As such, I can't ride even remotely as often as many on here 'purport' to do. Do I give a sshit? Nope. They don't pay my bills nor did they pay for my bikes. Folks should just be happy that they are alive, healthy, and able to ride whenever the notion strikes them. Do I ride in a monsoon like so many on here supposedly do? Why the hell would I when I have several alternative vehilces at my disposal, And lastly, I too am a Rolex Angel: three times over; Presidential, Datejust,& Submariner.

Old 08-29-2007 | 08:29 PM
x2lee
Banned

I dont think anyone has a desire to ride in the rain, its just something that happens if you ride everyday, sooner or later it will get ya. My last one was Sunday evening. Nice summer squall, at least the rain was warm...Im not gonna comment on the rest of the thread, its going downhill already without my chimes
ORIGINAL: SouthernLCC

AMEN. I am very new here, and this is the most pretentious thread I have read. If I actually cared, I might be intimidated. Really warm atmosphere for newer "members of the club". I guess I am a RUB and a Rolex Angel. Iride on the weekends only, I travel for business all week. Have no desire to ride in the rain. Guess I am the red headed step child...

Old 08-29-2007 | 08:31 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: pepesworld

...........um...What's a "Thunder Mountain"?
http://www.thundermountaincustoms.com/

Old 08-29-2007 | 08:33 PM
UnkleKronik
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: matpat

ORIGINAL: moondog99

He may be a nice guy who just wanted to break the ice.
Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was just trying to break the ice. I'll bet things may have turned out a bit different if you would have asked him over for a beer and talked to him instead of just saying thanks. I bet he just wanted to show off his bike. The guy seems like he is just trying to fit in or something. Hell, everyone is a new biker at one time or another whether we act like this guy or not.

there ya have it

Old 08-29-2007 | 08:36 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: hambone

Next time you see him you should kick his a$$ and have your way with his woman.
Yea, what he said.......[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 08-29-2007 | 08:44 PM
JC650
Road Captain

I'll have to say that I have a neighbor who had a very short term boyfriend who came over on his fatboy and everytime they got ready to leave he had to rev his bike for at least ten minutes in the rear yard of the house.Needless to say he was old news quickly so a confronation wasnt necessary. So to a certain extent I can see where the original poster is coming from.

Old 08-29-2007 | 08:48 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior

I don't like to ride in the rain not for the dislike of the ride but I do take pride in keeping my bike clean and shiny.Riding in the rain guarentees it will be filthy quickly.Now I guess I'm a RUB cause I have a boat a bike AND a camper ....Maybe I just look at it like this.I work hard I play harder.

Old 08-29-2007 | 08:55 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

Is it just me, or does this rank as one of the most petty threads ever?[&:]

Old 08-29-2007 | 09:10 PM
SG Mike
Road Master

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

Is it just me, or does this rank as one of the most petty threads ever?[&:]
What he said!