General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB living next door

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 05:48 PM
officespacedout!
Banned
Default RE: RUB living next door

ORIGINAL: wmko1

I say he is a rub because we see him only on nice days about once a week on the bike. I am tempted to ask him how much it costs him to rent the bike for a day.

Not sure if I am just venting or mad about the nice bike comment.
Wow I guess most people in socal (including myself) are RUBs if riding only on nice days are the qulifications! but then it is nice almost everyday here...

I think calling someone aRUB because they have a nice bike and like to have fun with it... well... that is just LAME! BTJMHO

Old 08-29-2007 | 05:54 PM
bowhnter7
Banned

ORIGINAL: Fishguy001

wonder how my neighbors describe me ?
Me too. I bet some might call me the same, but hey we all gotta start somewhere or sometime. Is there a time limit on this RUB thing. When do I become whatever you guys are? How many miles do I have to have on my bike or ride a week? How old do my new chaps or 1/2 helmet have too look? Do I have to move to a different neiborhood? Do I have to cut all the sleeves off my tshirts buy vest? How do I shake this so called RUB stamp, if I am one?[&:]

Old 08-29-2007 | 06:05 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

Like St. Francis, you must cast off your earthly wealth(this way please) then with only what you can strap on the bike, hit the road and become know thruout the KOA system for your wisdom, do this and you will succeed, Grasshopper.

Old 08-29-2007 | 06:37 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: petemac

I have fourwords for you.................................."remote garage door opener".
I have four different words for him...."Mind your own business"!

Old 08-29-2007 | 06:44 PM
narosar
Tourer

WOW, judge much? The man can ride when he wants and the bike he wants, hes not there to make you happy or get approval.

Old 08-29-2007 | 07:03 PM
bowhnter7
Banned

ORIGINAL: DeJavu

Like St. Francis, you must cast off your earthly wealth(this way please) then with only what you can strap on the bike, hit the road and become know thruout the KOA system for your wisdom, do this and you will succeed, Grasshopper.
Probably not the "R" part, more like MCUB. (MC = middle class) Working my *** off for the things I have and do. I have nice stuff, sucks to have someone lable you cause you do.

Old 08-29-2007 | 07:04 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: wmko1

I ride an Ultra Classic and my wife rides a springer. Normally during the day and early evening we leave the garage door open so we can exit and enter the house. The neighbor next door is dating some new guy, "flavor of the month" and one evening he was out in the drive way and happen to hollar over nice bikes. To me it sounded sarcastic. I said thanks. The next day we heard a rumble out front and we were thinking it was one of our riding buddies, so we went to look and it was him on a Thunder Mountain. Shining like the northern star. Of course when he was pulling in he had to make it known he was there by rolling on the throttle about 1/2 tank worth. A little later, him and his new found lady were going to a bike night. She came out all garbed up in biker apperal which we have never seen her like this. Then she about fell of while trying to get on the bike.
That night it rained cats and dogs and later we did not see any bike in the drive but saw his truck. Must have taken it home and got the truck so he could pick her up from the bar.

Anyway, he always has to do a burn out on my street when he is leaving the neighborhood. Not a very good one at that.

I say he is a rub because we see him only on nice days about once a week on the bike. I am tempted to ask him how much it costs him to rent the bike for a day.

Not sure if I am just venting or mad about the nice bike comment.
Helluva lot of conclusions on your part in reading the above. Are you always that intuitive/presumptuous in other aspects of your life as well? Yet another post of someone who thinks they are better than another solely because they ride in typhoons, cyclones, tornados, and every other element mother nature can throw at them whilst others may not. In your depiction of your neighbor, maybe she's just having some fun; i.e. coming out all garbed up. How does that impact you? If folks gave half a damn and concern toward their own lives as they purportedly do towardeveryone else's, just think of the possibilities.....Just my take.

Old 08-29-2007 | 07:06 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

I don't care what anybody says,..Jimbo's sig pics r sweeeeeet!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2007 | 07:21 PM
jv225
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Seth

I don't care what anybody says,..Jimbo's sig pics r sweeeeeet!!!!!!!
AGREED!!!! case closed [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 08-29-2007 | 07:36 PM
SouthernLCC
1st Gear

AMEN. I am very new here, and this is the most pretentious thread I have read. If I actually cared, I might be intimidated. Really warm atmosphere for newer "members of the club". I guess I am a RUB and a Rolex Angel. Iride on the weekends only, I travel for business all week. Have no desire to ride in the rain. Guess I am the red headed step child...

Quick Reply: RUB living next door