General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB living next door

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 03:29 PM
Ratman
Advanced
Default RE: RUB living next door

Try living by this and you'll feel so much better "DILLIGAF"

Old 08-29-2007 | 03:38 PM
jv225
Road Master

ORIGINAL: matpat

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was just trying to break the ice. I'll bet things may have turned out a bit different if you would have asked him over for a beer and talked to him instead of just saying thanks. I bet he just wanted to show off his bike. The guy seems like he is just trying to fit in or something. Hell, everyone is a new biker at one time or another whether we act like this guy or not.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe you took it the wrong way. Uhhhh maybe the guy actually liked your bike that's where the nice bike comment came from It could be just me but if I say nice bike to someone it's because I think it's nice

Old 08-29-2007 | 03:45 PM
flakdog
Road Captain

[quote]ORIGINAL: Seth

[quote]ORIGINAL: DeJavu

ORIGINAL: Seth

ORIGINAL: Blackmouth

ORIGINAL: Seth

I live in a rural area so no one can see me growing my weed
[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Seth, you getting an ag exemption, just tell 'em its hemp for rope, worked for me!

lol,...the leo's in my area already know me,............I think they've just given up on me[8D]
[sm=escape.gif]

Old 08-29-2007 | 03:52 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Rides2007Harley
Funny I've never seen you in my neighborhood Mike. I think we have the same neighbor.
First, what someone does with their bike is none of my business but it would be hard to top my neighbor.

He bought a used 2001 Fatboy in 02 with 6,000 miles on the odometer and sold it this year with about 7,400 miles on the bike. He had it for over 4 years and put a grand total of about 1400 miles on it.

Now the engine must have had about 20,000 miles on it because every weekend he would start it up and move it to the driveway and let it idle for a few minutes and it would sit there until dark and he would start it up and pull it back in the garage. Whenver he had company he would sit on it and rev the bike to let everybody listen to the pipes. Once he got a few beers in him they would ride it around the sub-division a few laps.

This is not a BS story, this happened for the entire time he had it.

Old 08-29-2007 | 03:54 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

Wait a minute. Lemme get this straight. You have an Ultra Classic and a Springer and you keep your garage door open all day with the bikes on display. And you call this guy a RUB? I don't get it. Has he ever seen you riding? Have you ever seen him not riding? Give me a break.

Old 08-29-2007 | 04:00 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

Wait a minute. Lemme get this straight. You have an Ultra Classic and a Springer and you keep your garage door open all day with the bikes on display. And you call this guy a RUB? I don't get it. Has he ever seen you riding? Have you ever seen him not riding? Give me a break.
[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 08-29-2007 | 04:02 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

Damn Jimbo,.....your sig pics give me boners everyday!!

Old 08-29-2007 | 04:31 PM
bum
Advanced

Here's my take on this:
I'll bet that the neighbor girl is quite the hottie and that either you and/or your wife wishes you were the "flavor of the month". You're not jealous of the guys bike, or steamed about his comment, you're perturbed over the fact that you aren't tapping the neighbor. The garage door stays open as the "sign" or invitation for her to come by at anytime, but she hasn't. Damn the luck! I say all of this because I only wish we had the hot andsingle neighbor, instead of the dried up prunes that live all around us. Damn the luck!
Look at it this way too: you have the 2 bikes and he only has one. Who's trumping who?

Old 08-29-2007 | 05:41 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

wonder how my neighbors describe me ?

Old 08-29-2007 | 05:47 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: back again

Funny I've never seen you in my neighborhood Mike. I think we have the same neighbor.
[/quote]

I think it is common!

As for the original post about riding in the rain, I try to avoid it if all possible on my Ultra. Those things are a beotch to clean.

Quick Reply: RUB living next door