General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB living next door

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 02:44 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: RUB living next door

ORIGINAL: BigJfxdwg

I think we need more RUBs out there, that way there are more used bikes with 1-5000 miles on them that someone else took the hit after buying it new.

[sm=exactly.gif]Amen,Brother!!

Old 08-29-2007 | 02:49 PM
matpat
Novice

ORIGINAL: moondog99

He may be a nice guy who just wanted to break the ice.
Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was just trying to break the ice. I'll bet things may have turned out a bit different if you would have asked him over for a beer and talked to him instead of just saying thanks. I bet he just wanted to show off his bike. The guy seems like he is just trying to fit in or something. Hell, everyone is a new biker at one time or another whether we act like this guy or not.

Old 08-29-2007 | 02:50 PM
JohnnyBoy
Road Captain

Why Rolex Angel, please explain.

Old 08-29-2007 | 02:52 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Seth

[quote]ORIGINAL: Blackmouth

ORIGINAL: Seth

I live in a rural area so no one can see me growing my weed
[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Seth, you getting an ag exemption, just tell 'em its hemp for rope, worked for me!

Old 08-29-2007 | 02:52 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

I think my only problem with the guy would be the burnouts in the hood. I had to get in a neighbors friends face one night for that crap. Save that junk for the rallies, not in the neighborhood where my kids might be playing.

Old 08-29-2007 | 02:55 PM
hambone
Elite HDF Member

Agreed Biggzed! Nice ride btw!

Old 08-29-2007 | 02:56 PM
Arcane
Road Master

Why do people get in such a snit over what someone else rides or how they dress? So the guy does not ride in the rain, maybe he knows his limitations. He is not overly friendly, has a bike different to yours and does not ride like you want him to so that makes him a rub? It really sounds like you are angrier over the perceived sarcastic remark of “nice bike” than anything else. Maybe the guy wasn’t being sarcastic at all; some people have a problem conveying what the mean. I have also known people that seemed to turn every thing they hear in to an insult or slight. Not like all us Harley Davidson riders that always ride correctly, dress correctly, and are never misunderstood or misconstrued.

Arcane

Old 08-29-2007 | 02:57 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

[quote]ORIGINAL: DeJavu

[quote]ORIGINAL: Seth

ORIGINAL: Blackmouth

ORIGINAL: Seth

I live in a rural area so no one can see me growing my weed
[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Seth, you getting an ag exemption, just tell 'em its hemp for rope, worked for me!

lol,...the leo's in my area already know me,............I think they've just given up on me[8D]

Old 08-29-2007 | 03:01 PM
Fat_06
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

(3 bikes on the freeway durning the week then 300 on the weekend).....
I don't understand how this makes somebody a RUB, quite honestly I work 10 - 16 hrs a day during the week. And most of the time, at the end of the day, I am simply too worn out to ride my bike(sometimes I do)...
But because of working this hard I am able to make monthly payments on my Fatboy, and enjoy itevery weekend...
Bluerose, this is not directed at you, please don't take itas a personal attack, it's aimed at the concept that somebody is a RUB or poser or wanna be just because they only ride on weekends...

Old 08-29-2007 | 03:12 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

Arcane, don't overthink this, the "nice bike" remark was only a trigger for the reaction. The "RUB" was probably sitting on a bike that represented a whole years gross income for our "PUB" and envy could be the crux of the matter. Just a guess.

Quick Reply: RUB living next door