General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB living next door

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:50 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master
Default RE: RUB living next door

ORIGINAL: Rides2007Harley

First, what someone does with their bike is none of my business but it would be hard to top my neighbor.

He bought a used 2001 Fatboy in 02 with 6,000 miles on the odometer and sold it this year with about 7,400 miles on the bike. He had it for over 4 years and put a grand total of about 1400 miles on it.

Now the engine must have had about 20,000 miles on it because every weekend he would start it up and move it to the driveway and let it idle for a few minutes and it would sit there until dark and he would start it up and pull it back in the garage. Whenver he had company he would sit on it and rev the bike to let everybody listen to the pipes. Once he got a few beers in him they would ride it around the sub-division a few laps.

This is not a BS story, this happened for the entire time he had it.
Hey....howdy neighbor.
I didn't know that was you I was living next to.
Why don't you come on over forsome beers later?
I'll let you listen to my Harley when we get drunk!

Hijacking for a moment...hope you don't mind:

You know, most of us probably have neighbors like this at some point, I guess.
Once had a neighbor that spent about a year getting a motorcycle in riding order (wasn't working when he bought it). Man, he talked about all he was gonna do with his bike when he got it running. It was about a 20 year old Honda.

Finally, he got the thing running goodenough to ride some laps in the neighborhood with it. I noticed he'd drop the bike or have a slow speed spill at least 1/2 the time he was going out for a ride or coming back from a ride. So, he was still tweaking the bike to get it running better, but he'd also be fixing damage he did to the bike on the last test-drive!

The real bang about this story is that after tweaking/repairing and spilling/dropping the bike a few times a week (after about a yr of getting it going) he up and sells the bike.

Now, you ready for the kicker?!.....a few months after getting rid of that Honda, he comes to my house and asked if I'd let him borrow my bike to take the motorcycle endorsement riding test at the DMV! He was hoping to get his license and buy a new bike!

I managed to not laugh and managed to not slap him across the head (don't know which was harder to stop from doing) and told him to forget about using my bike. Granted my bike at the time was nothing special to anyone else, but it was special to me...and he knew it. Friggin' idiot.

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:51 PM
Warden
|
Cruiser

Garage is left open while we are home. I have a remote. And I am a PUB as well and cannot afford a new tire from showing what I and my bike can do. Good idea though. LOL

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:56 PM
Warden
|
Cruiser

IMO that would take some serious B*lls. To ask to borrow someones bike. Better off to ask to borrow the wife.

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:57 PM
meanbite
Road Warrior

There are lots of guys like that around here. We call them the Rolex Angels. They are annoying but harmless.

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:59 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

ORIGINAL: TXjammer

Maybe ya otta just go over there an' whoop him! Can you do a "real" burn out? Maybe you should get out there and show him how it's done!!! I know...before it gets said....I'm being childish....just the mood I'm in today. [>:]
lol,..must be something in the air today,...I been over in another thread,....stirrin the pot all morning

Old 08-29-2007 | 01:18 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

wmko1, You may be a PUB, I'm a PRB(poor rural biker). I don't do burnouts 'cause the duct tape wears too fast and the JBweld that holds my chain together might break, good thing my Evo will run on 'shine or I wouldn't even be able to ride!

Old 08-29-2007 | 01:28 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

mabey the guy was just rtyin to make chit chat,...and he wants you to acknowledge the fact that he rides too,....because secretly he admires you,...and he wants to do some riding with you.

Old 08-29-2007 | 01:34 PM
dan69co
Tourer

Those TM customs are beee-uuu-tiful. I almost pulled the trigger on one. Problem is I'm a PUB not a RUB. As close to a Harley as you can get in a custom.

Old 08-29-2007 | 01:38 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Seth

mabey the guy was just rtyin to make chit chat,...and he wants you to acknowledge the fact that he rides too,....because secretly he admires you,...and he wants to do some riding with you.
Great work Seth!
I'll bet you solved the mystery.
That dude is probably only dating the neighbor so that he could get to know wmko1.
I mean, the neighbor is UGLY from what I've read...so why else would he date her?

Old 08-29-2007 | 01:45 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

Brokeback riding?!?!??!?!?

Quick Reply: RUB living next door