General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUB living next door

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007 | 07:07 PM
akenaten
Banned
Default RE: RUB living next door

ORIGINAL: Rides2007Harley

First, what someone does with their bike is none of my business but it would be hard to top my neighbor.

He bought a used 2001 Fatboy in 02 with 6,000 miles on the odometer and sold it this year with about 7,400 miles on the bike. He had it for over 4 years and put a grand total of about 1400 miles on it.

Now the engine must have had about 20,000 miles on it because every weekend he would start it up and move it to the driveway and let it idle for a few minutes and it would sit there until dark and he would start it up and pull it back in the garage. Whenver he had company he would sit on it and rev the bike to let everybody listen to the pipes. Once he got a few beers in him they would ride it around the sub-division a few laps.

This is not a BS story, this happened for the entire time he had it.

[sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=loser.gif]

Old 08-30-2007 | 07:25 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

Anyway, he always has to do a burn out on my street when he is leaving the neighborhood. Not a very good one at that.--These are the types of A--holes that give all of us a bad rap and the "wanna b" politicians are just waiting in the wings to come up with another half-baked noise ,or other anti-bike law that we have to deal with !!!!!!!!--Thats the only thing that would really **** me off [sm=rant.gif]

Old 08-30-2007 | 09:46 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Lost1

Considering all the forum member pics of clean, expensive, chrome-covered scooters sitting next to $40k SUV's & sports cars that are parked in the driveways of suburban homes, I wonder where anyone around here gets off calling anyone else a RUB.
Seems rather ***-holish to me, and I doubt so much name-calling would be going on if both parties were staring at each other eyeball to eyeball...

As for riding in the rain- I hope that doesn't determine your degree of devotion to the motorcycling lifestyle or whether you're a true "biker" or not. If so, I fail on all counts because while I do ride in rain when necessary, I'll always take my pickup when the forecast says it's gonna be nasty cuz damn, I figgered that one out when I was 4 years old. Stand in the rain, get wet. Mama said "Boy, don't be dumb- come in outta the rain." Made a lotta sense to me back then, and still does today.

Guess I'm just a quick learner...
OMG. Thinkin I must bea RUB now. Whatever that is? Big, shiney HOG I hate to get filthy in the rain. Then too, I do have a Rolex. A real tachy one even, with diamonds.

Won't leavethe HOGin the driveway though, not in New Orleans. It might vanish.

I act just like what you guys call a RUB, I guess. CeptI put 2,000 miles on it in two months.Rde itto work and any chance I get. Like I did with the Sporty, and the five Yamahas, the Suzukis, the Trumph, the BSA, the Norton, the chopped Pan Head, and my first Harley in 1966. Somewhere over 250,000 miles,includingfour falls.

So, what's a RUB?

Old 08-30-2007 | 10:17 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Broken Leg Rider

ORIGINAL: Lost1

Considering all the forum member pics of clean, expensive, chrome-covered scooters sitting next to $40k SUV's & sports cars that are parked in the driveways of suburban homes, I wonder where anyone around here gets off calling anyone else a RUB.
Seems rather ***-holish to me, and I doubt so much name-calling would be going on if both parties were staring at each other eyeball to eyeball...

As for riding in the rain- I hope that doesn't determine your degree of devotion to the motorcycling lifestyle or whether you're a true "biker" or not. If so, I fail on all counts because while I do ride in rain when necessary, I'll always take my pickup when the forecast says it's gonna be nasty cuz damn, I figgered that one out when I was 4 years old. Stand in the rain, get wet. Mama said "Boy, don't be dumb- come in outta the rain." Made a lotta sense to me back then, and still does today.

Guess I'm just a quick learner...
OMG. Thinkin I must bea RUB now. Whatever that is? Big, shiney HOG I hate to get filthy in the rain. Then too, I do have a Rolex. A real tachy one even, with diamonds.

Won't leavethe HOGin the driveway though, not in New Orleans. It might vanish.

I act just like what you guys call a RUB, I guess. CeptI put 2,000 miles on it in two months.Rde itto work and any chance I get. Like I did with the Sporty, and the five Yamahas, the Suzukis, the Trumph, the BSA, the Norton, the chopped Pan Head, and my first Harley in 1966. Somewhere over 250,000 miles,includingfour falls.

So, what's a RUB?
If you can feed your family, keep your house out of foreclosure, avoid bankruptcy, and afford a couple of nice things-----some of these guys label you a RUB. It is just jealousy--plain and simple. They act like it is a good thing to be poor white trash. If you were a good and poor biker and then you work hard and become successful---suddenly you are not good any more and you become a RUB. It is petty and ridiculous and those that throw those labels around out of jealousy will continue to wallow in their miserable poverty because success never comes to those who have jealousy in their hearts! (By the way, I don't mean anyone in particular here....those that are not that way, know they are not and those that are that way....well......you know who you are!)

Old 08-30-2007 | 11:19 PM
JohnnyBoy
Road Captain

This post is beat to death. Remember, "You can be a king or street sweeper, but EVERYONE dances with the grim reaper"!

Old 08-31-2007 | 02:02 AM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

I'm a WIW-RUB

wish I was rich urban biker

Old 08-31-2007 | 08:22 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

To be, or not to be, thats the RUB!

Old 08-31-2007 | 08:37 AM
skullandcircle
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Pitts2112

blah blah blah, I am a pilot, blah blah blah

Pitts2112
You are definately a RUB...

just kidding, welcome to the forum.

I dont spend much time worrying about others, and like someone else said, it makes a good buy a few years later when they sell the low mile garage bling.

Old 08-31-2007 | 08:41 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: hdtwice

This is all just so much bull$hit! All these labels, titles, etc. Here's the bottom line boys and girls....just be yourself and ride. All the people that try to act/be something that they are not, are usually the ones that generate these stupid titles and tags.Don't dress, or act like something that you think others will like, just be yourself, and be respectful of others.

sidenote; Hey motosportman, I would love to buy you a beer sometime. I bet you have some great stories from all your service days and duties. Thanks for your service!
I gotta agree here. Some hardcores may want to call me a RUB or a poser but, at worst case, I'm a PUB. I'm not trying to be like anybody nor appear to live a lifestyle that is not true. I love to ride my bike anywhere and anytime that it's practical but it's not for show - I just really enjoy riding. I'm not afraid to ride when it's cold but I try my best not to ride in the rain. I didn't realize until now that avoiding the rain was a serious offense. I just happen to be a married guy with two kids and a good job that allows me to pay for a Harley. It doesn't sit around. If I have the time and the weather is "okay", I'm out riding. That's just me and who I am. Why do I have to be labeled something because of it? Is it written somewhere that, to own a HOG, you must subscribe to some sort of code that says you can never be caught in a "cage" rain or shine, must align yourself with a group and wear their "colors", and for God's sake, never compliment someone else on their bike?

Like others, I can't see enough in the original post here to figure out the anger. I'll be damn careful from now on before I tell someone they have a nice bike - what's so wrong with that? The burnouts - ridiculous, yes. I'll never understand the thrill in those. To each his own I guess (or so I thought). But, in hismind, I guess he thinks he's impressing the fugly girl.

Old 08-31-2007 | 09:22 AM
combat_vet
Tourer

ORIGINAL: scooter1369

ORIGINAL: meanbite

There are lots of guys like that around here. We call them the Rolex Angels. They are annoying but harmless.
NOW THAT IS Fing FUNNY!
I have three Rolex watches and only ride about 1000 miles a year due to work and other obligations. I guess I'm a RUB

Quick Reply: RUB living next door