Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer called to make sure the survey would look good...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:35 AM
allengator
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer called to make sure the survey would look good...

On august 7th I bought my bike from Ft Worth Harley...
Yesterday, I got acall from a lady there that asked me about my "experience"...

I explained to her that while it really wasnt BAD... it wasnt GREAT either...

I told her how I called ahead to make sure everything was ready to go and was told yes, only to wait 45 minutes at the dealership while they finished my paper work...
I told her that no one seemed to know when I could expect my hard license plate to come in, or new when to expect my HOG membership....
I told her how my Dad was treated 4 days later as he bought an $8000 Shadow from HONDA WEST...
The attitude and attention to detail was amazing! Everyone was friendly, everything delivered as promissed!
When they forgot to add the labor for one of his accessories, they didnt hesitate to do it for free. He got calls two days after he picked up the bike to make sure he was happy by both the salesman AND the service department that added the accessories. They also gave him two t-shirts.
I explained that I got a free T-shirt last week only after asking the motorcloths manager if they had SHIRTS that DIDNT advertise the dealer, when he asked why I said, "Why should I pay $27 to advertise for you when my $20k bike didnt include one?"

I told her the bottom line was that the dealship was just OK... no REAL gripes... just felt like I got chevrolet treatment when buying a Caddilac!

Here's the kicker..... After listening to my explanation, instead of acting like what I was saying was being taken to heart, or considered as suggestive critisizm, she said, "Well, in a few days you should get a survey in the mail from HD... can we count on you to give us "best" marks in all categories?

I was speechless... I thought for a moment, "Hey maybe they do care and want my opinion." Then I realized no... they just want me to give them good marks....

I replied, "You can count on me to answer their questions honestly."

After an uncomfortable chuckle... she said, "thank you for your time" and hung up!!

Now I'm thinking.... gee... I hope I dont need warrantee work!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 08:54 AM
R_Einan
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts
Default RE: Dealer called to make sure the survey would look good...

WOW! I can't believe anyone had the gall to listen to your complaints then ask you that. I'd have given them the very same answer. I bought my bike July of '05 and had an excellent dealer experience, very similiar to your dads. But I traveled 140 miles to go to a dealer that wanted my business, because of the poor treatment I recieved while shopping for the bike at my local dealer.

RE

Old 08-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Same thing happened to my buddy when he bought his 07' SG. They were less than stellar in the way he was treated spending nearly 30 large with accessories. At times during the process it was actually an ordeal, then they had the nerve to call and ask for a real good report card. Different dealer, same *****!
My suggestion to you would be, call them back and tell them you have been thinking and you have had these issues, now they have until the survey comes to make you happy. If theya are on there toes, you may get something that will make it all better, if not, fukum!

Old 08-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

That was really stupid of her. She should have told you they would send you a gift cert. or something. You have no idea how important those surveys are to the dealership and your salesman.

Some of your complaints may have been out of their control because no one know how long it's gonna take the DMV to get you a plate or how long HOG will take to get your card but they should have listened and tried to make things better. She was probably some kid they hired to make phone calls for them.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:03 AM
bigdeek
Advanced
Received 38 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I got the same treatment over at Biggs in San Marcos, CA. They are first class azzholes.
I'll spare you a very large paragraph of how poor and unprofessional I was treated when I was writing them a 20k check for a springer and get right to the bike walkaround. I'm waiting for the guy in the parking lot at my bike. He walks down.

"O.K., this your first harley? Here's what you do, put the key in here, turn it this way, wait for the noise to stop (the fuel inj primer) and hit this button.... "

Then, as he was walking away and not facing me, I hear him say "got any questions".

I hear stories like ours constantly. I never received a call afterwards or a survey from HD. If HD sends me one, i'll be laying it on the line as well. What a bunch of tards. I just do my research, know what i'm buying, know theprice I want to hitand then prepare myself for a really bad stealer experience before I walk in the door. That way, at least it's not a suprise.

Love the bikes, absolutely hate the effin tards who work at the stealers.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:03 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you think she was just filing her nails until she heard you stop talking? Ya think she was even remotely listening? I'm surprised you didn't hear her yawn........ [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 08-29-2007, 09:14 AM
allengator
Cruiser

OH! I forgot to add one thing.....

I called my future brother in law to help me pick up the bike! Being a NEWBIE I didnt want to ride it the first time on the freeway!!

We took his nice enclosed trailer with us! After a very BREIF walkaround the guy also started to walk away as I said... "Ummm... where is my owners manual....??" I had to wait 5 minutes while he went back in to get it.... Then he hands it to me and says, "Thanks alot, we cant help you load it due to insurance regulations." and walks off..... My future bro, Says "Really?? Long Horn Harley has loaded every bike I ever bought from them! I guess its a good thing he went with me....

Old 08-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Drexor69
Tourer

Mine is still sitting on my desk.

I haven't decided how I want to fill it out, I'm still pissed that they tried to charge me $300 to put together the riders essentials kit that took me all of 30 min's to put together by myself.

Then when I go back to see about getting my 1K service done they tell me there's a 3 week waiting list I need to get on in order to get it done. I hadn't even had the bike for 3 weeks, was I supposed to schedule the appointment before I bought the bike? Or was I expected to not ride my bike for 3 weeks while I waited to get it in the shop?

All in all I love my bike but hate the service and the fact that HD cheaped out on every part they possibly could (anyone here still running the stock pegs or grips?) to force you to buy thier over-priced parts.

No thanks HD, I'll pay the crazy 1 time price for the service manual (for $60 I would expect a hard bound book), do the service work myself, and buy my parts wherever I can get them cheapest.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Bobby Joe
Cruiser

Salina Harley Davidson Salina Kansas is no different. I took my bike in for the 1000 mile service. When I picked it up I checked the oil and it was black. I said hey you need to change the oil. "Get this" They told me that the Syn 3 looks black as soon as you start the bike. Me being a dumb aZZ about this syn stuff believed them. Next oil change I did myself and hey guess what? he's a liein SOB. Man did I feel stupid. I told a buddy that was taking his in for a tune up so he put marker marks on his plugs and you guessed it when he picked it up there were the marks. Man did he raise hell with them. Fact is how many people don't notice. Ya got any Idea how much they take in with these scams??? A lot of riders now days wouldn't know a spark plug from an exhaust pipe. And the dealewr just takes them for a ride.

Best advise is buy a manual and learn to do it your self. It's a shame the Jap dealers do such a good job and good old AMERICAN dealers are frickin thieves.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 AM
elcid1989
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Drexor69

Mine is still sitting on my desk.

I haven't decided how I want to fill it out, I'm still pissed that they tried to charge me $300 to put together the riders essentials kit that took me all of 30 min's to put together by myself.

Then when I go back to see about getting my 1K service done they tell me there's a 3 week waiting list I need to get on in order to get it done. I hadn't even had the bike for 3 weeks, was I supposed to schedule the appointment before I bought the bike? Or was I expected to not ride my bike for 3 weeks while I waited to get it in the shop?

All in all I love my bike but hate the service and the fact that HD cheaped out on every part they possibly could (anyone here still running the stock pegs or grips?) to force you to buy thier over-priced parts.

No thanks HD, I'll pay the crazy 1 time price for the service manual (for $60 I would expect a hard bound book), do the service work myself, and buy my parts wherever I can get them cheapest.
Check out Chicago HD. Buddy of mine says that everything they sell online is -10%. It ain't much, but it does keep some of your bucks in your wallet.

Quick Reply: Dealer called to make sure the survey would look good...