General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer called to make sure the survey would look good...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:28 AM
tsayles1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealer called to make sure the survey would look good...

It sure is a joke. I have had 4 new Harley's and I love the product but the dealers really do S--CK. I don't know about the rest of you but when I visit dealers I see new bikes with scratches on the chrome and paint and sometimes worse. I recently went to a local dealership and saw a new 08 SE Road King that has scratches on the console and so much dirt on it that you couldn't tell if there was a scratch on the paint. I can honestly say that when I purchased my first bike in 2001 the bikes seemed more pristine at the dealerships. To top it off I go back and see these same bikes sold. Does anyone want a new bike that doesn't have damage on it before you even take your first ride? Once you take ownership you would be hard pressed to have the dealership fix any issues you find once you do your first detail job. Ajy thought on this?

Old 09-17-2007, 11:31 AM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Bought my Fatboy from Rosmeyers Destination Daytona.
I was looking at a Road Glide....and saw the Fatboy. Sales people helped
make the deal. Only trouble I had was three days after buying the bike,
the right fork started leaking a little.I asked for help from the dealer.
I got, "Sorry, bike was bought used, AS IS."
I figured that.....but always ask.
All in all, I have bought
many add-on's from them and have never had a bad experience.
I did get a box of cookies in the mail from them.
(I bought a used car for my daughter from Daytona Mazda......now THAT is
a suck-hole story!!!)

Chuck

Old 09-17-2007, 11:51 AM
adamoc
Advanced

I was treated with a similar level of indifference and apathy at Capistrano Harley Davidson. It was my first bike, and I bought a 2007 fat boy. My training consisted of a three minute lecture inthe back of the pickup that was delivering it to my house. I paid $25K for the bike. I wwas there a couple weeks later and my salesman no longer even worked there.

I don't know WHY I cared, but there was no level of cameraderie, congratulations, or anything there. It;s like they just didn't care. I've bought many other vehicles where you feel like you are inducted into a club or family when you purchase. Love my HD, really don't like the dealer. A common complaint.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Helix
Tourer

Your 1st Mistake was buying at FW Harley.

They have the absolute worst Reputation of all the local dealers . just ask around. Before I bought my FXSTC I strolled in to have a look at them ( I work close by there ) and they had marked through the MSRP tags on all softails and added $1K to the price. I asked WTF is this? They said the recent Strike ( Had been over for 3 months at the time ) had thier shipments backed up and there wont be any more 2007 Softails delivered this year so they had a supply demand issue. I looked at it as a way to screw the buyer for an extra $1K.Both Them and Texas Harley in Bedford both upped the price - They are owned by the same Family. Needless to say I bought My FXSTC at Longhorn Harleywhere Igot free 1K and 5K service, NO NO NO set up or delivery charges. I bought my previous 2 HD's at Texas Harley, but Now Im a Longhorn fan.They seem to go the extra Mile to get your business.Im not bashingFort WorthHarleybut everytime Ive went in there you have to chase somebody down to get help.BTW- Grats on your new Bike!!

Old 09-18-2007, 09:10 AM
allengator
Cruiser

Well, I finally got the survey in the mail yesterday....
Now I get to decide how to fill it out...

I did notice that it looks like it goes to a research company... not to HD directly

Old 09-18-2007, 04:13 PM
walc
Cruiser

Got my survey today.
My buying experience, at Seaford ( DE ) HD was A+ and the completed survey says so.
I highly recommend Seaford HD and its' sister dealership, HD of Ocean City, MD.
[sm=signs007.gif]

Old 09-18-2007, 10:49 PM
BrianDamage
Cruiser

my dealer wanted me to bring the survey into the store in exchange for a $25 gift card,,,guess that's how they filter out what gets back to the MoCo ...I didn't do it, I just mailed it in

Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 AM
WingIt
Advanced

Got my survey in the mail yesterday and I couldn't wait to rake my dealer over the coals. Spend 20 grand on a bike and after you sign your name the party is over..they got the bike ready and didn't tell me a thing about it just theres your bike now have a nice day. My salesman didn't even know anything about bikes actually asked me on my tradein (99 softail) how many cylinders it had, unbelievable. From the time I decided to buy the bike it took 7 yes 7 hours before I was out of there. (Should have walked and found another dealer)

My bike quit on me 3 weeks after I bought it and was trying to get them to tow it in, think they could even tell me when they might be able to do that Hell No just said we never never know when the service truck will be around the salesmen use it more then we do, well after 3 days of that I got a trailer and towed to to a new dealer that just opened about 30 miles from the house, these guys were great took the bike in and fixed it on the spot..