General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer called to make sure the survey would look good...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Dealer called to make sure the survey would look good...

my wife actually went and bought my bike for me as a gift. even after explaining to the salesman that it was a surprise- and just about the entire sales floor knowing it- she asked if they could deliver the bike to our house to make it even MORE of a surprise. now- this was a ~$20,000 RK.... they said sure, we can deliver it- but not today and itll be $XXX. are you freakin kidding me?

so- she tells me all about it and we go to the dealer that same day. we sign all of the paperwork and i tell the salesman that i did not want an inspection sticker on the bike. he tells me that they cannot sell a bike without it being inspected. i tell him inspect it if youd like- but dont put a sticker on it. he says that they HAVE to sticker it.... i asked him to put some masking tape on the fork tube and put the inspection sticker on the tape so "I" can peel it off.... nope, cant let it go like that. the salesman then suggests an inspection plate. we compromise and agree that would be ok- ill just remove it when i get home. he then says 'ill find you one- they only like $30' WTF??!?!??!

i said 'dude- if you think for one minute that im paying $30 for something that i dont even want, youre nuts. if theres an inspection sticker on that bike, im not taking it'. he magically appeared from the service dept not long after and quietly whispered 'look- i spoke to the svc mgr and hell let it go without an inspection- but were putting our asses on the line for you'

what a douche.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

If the Dlr. and his employees would treat the customer like they would like to be treated,they wouldn't have to call their customers to ask them to give good ratings,only to remember to send it in.Alot of Dlrs buy a good rating by offering a merchandise reward or in store money voucher for filling out a excellant survey.This is definately mis-leading to Moco in rating its dealers.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:08 PM
iowacruiser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everytime I see posts like this, I feel lucky that it appears I managed to stumble upon a top notch dealership in Dillon's HD in Omaha, Ne. I have had great experiences with the sales staff, parts, and service. Also, as we were closing the deal on our 07 Heritage, the store manager explained that these surveys are very important to HD and he wanted to earn an excellent rating from us. He emphasized several times that if there was anything that we weren't satisfied with, to tell him so he could take care of us.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:14 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H-D is not the only bike mfg doing this. BMW dealers wring their hands over this as well.
If I were BMW, I would trash the current survey system and put one in place like Harley's. I think BMW's survey is too limited in scope. BMW's survey is done via phone and as I remember, are pretty much limited to your "buying experience" - whereas Harley's survey is more comprehensive and asks questions about your satisfaction with the bike. (Your verbatim comments areforwarded backtoyour BMWdealer within just a couple of days - and this can come back to bite ya'. Don't ask me how I know.)

On a side note... I was a Customer Service Manager for a Ford dealership back in the late '80s. One of the "hats" I wore was "QCP Coordinator". Basically, I was tasked with managing the survey process - ensuring that customers returned their surveys back to Ford and more importantly, tasked with ensuring that we maintained high survey scores. One of the reasons that auto dealers sweat the survey results so much is because manufactures look attheir survey history when awarding new franchises.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They emailed me one on the repairs done at the dealership and I had got very good service so I filled it out and emailed it back I only checked it as I seen it.

When the dealer ain't listening, you got to tell them, man this ain't about you, Its about me ! I'm the customer, if you want good marks bust yer butt for them or don't waste my time. Hello !

Old 09-16-2007, 11:23 PM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior

If they worry so much about the survey, you would think they would do a better job.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:47 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

Pensacola HD i put a deposit in my bike was called 2 days later and was told my$1000 was only good till the end of the day they had a second buyer my wife put a second $1000 on it i was waiting for bank to write a check (had been approved for over 4 months)
No gas no t shirt that is extra did get a 10% on next purchase that ended the next day
came back (06) Dyna Wide Glide with a 5th gear rattle verry loud they said ride it it goes away , spedo quit found metal on vss told them they said that hapens
Next weak had a flat tire $65.00 + $24.50 new tube i pulled wheel
mext day wife and i had a 70 mph blow out i pulled wheel they pinched the tube they said sorry i said what are you going to do (o whell that is the way it is) ? they did not want to do anything finly got money put on my account Curtis Service Manager Called me a pain in the a$$
Again tranny noise we do not hear it
Tail lite circut board burnt out bike down 3 weaks forgot to order part, oops they had one in stock had a freind call
Went in with more noise from tranny when you let out clutch you herd berring noise service writer went in for Curtis he said I DO NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO THAT WHINING PAIN IN THE A$$'S BIKE i herd through the door (inner Primaryberring went out they fixed told me after asking oil type your warranty will be voided with out having HD oil in it
Foot peg bolt and brake pivot bolt brokebrake pedal hit the ground and locked the rear wheel and let go 3 times Curtis same comment
they did not want to fix under warranty repair was going to cost almost $400.00 i said no and aclled Curtis on his comment he got pissed told me to get bike out of there . i said put it out side i am comming to get it GM called befor i left you can not take it that way it is un safe just pay the bill and get it fixed NO put it out side i will have my attourny get it
They fixed it under warranty but my warranty ie voided and never set foot on our property again
There some other little things also
i have lost 11 months warranty HD does not respond to me dealer said i was HOSTILE

Old 09-17-2007, 05:39 AM
ditch_dgr
Road Master

Wow, this sure makes me feel pretty good about my dealer. I bought two bikes from them last year.InAugust 07 I was looking for an Ultra, called and vistied several dealers and then called the one I deal with most often, talked to the sales guy on the phone and made the deal (this was a Monday). I stopped in after work signed the papers and he told me the bike would be ready Tuesday afternoon (it was still in the crate). Went in Tuesday at about 4 PM, left on the bike at 5 PM (the delay was becasue I forgot to call my insurance company). After a couple of weeks my clutch needed to be adjusted, I can do it myself no problem but with a 20K investment I felt they should, I stopped by to ask about it and they fixed it on the spot.

In January of this year, the wife and I stopped by and I saw her looking at a Softail Deuce, she sat on it and as we walked around the dealer she kept looking at it (she sold her low rider to buy a horse and really missed the bike). We left the dealer, she went to the stable and I went back to the dealer at 11 AM and talked to the salesman about the Deuce, did all the paperwork and bought the bike. To sum this up, I picked her up at the stable at2 PM, the bike wasn't ready, theyasked if we had eaten lunch yet, I replay no we hadn't, they gave us 20.00 and told us to go next door and grab some lunch. We ate, came back and at 3:30 we left with the new bike.

I have always been treated fairly and politely at Hampton Roads Harley and will never shop anywhere else.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:44 AM
bronk
Road Master

Fill it out the way you felt you were treated.Eventually, all bad service will come back and bite them in the ***.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:50 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my RKC, my dealership in Olympia was all over things. Bike was ready to go when I walked in, had about 10 minutes to sign paperwork and off I went after a detailed orientation on the different controls--like switches for the running lights and cruise. Hell, I hadn't even made it home before the sales guy had called and asked how I liked it.

Quick Reply: Dealer called to make sure the survey would look good...