General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cincy Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:02 PM
timdvm
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cincy Dealers

Anyone have a recommendation for a Cincinnati dealer? Am buying my first Sporty, and was looking at H-D Cincinnati in Norwood and Aces and Eights in Mason. Any stories- good, bad, indifferent? Thanks.
Tim

Old 08-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Blackisfast
Tourer
Default RE: Cincy Dealers

Bought my '07 RG from Cinci...unremarkable except for the young lady that did the paperwork. Well worth a visit for that alone.

I don't buy much at dealers...

Aces & Eights puts on a nice open house...had some pin striping done there once on the spot in the parking lot, would go back for more if they got the same guy doing it.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

When I lived in Cincy I used the one on Tennessee Ave. Ferd and Thelma. They always treated me good. I've been gone too long now to know who's who.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:17 PM
rencrn8
Cruiser

Go to Eastgate see Bob and/or Pappa Smurf you will not be disappointed. Great guys.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:55 PM
harlanrider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to all 3 dealers in Cincy. All 3 of them were very helpful. I had never ridden before but knew I wanted a Harley. I asked them all alot of questions and it was interesting getting their opinions. I went against most of them by choosing the 1200 low. I am happy with my choice for a first bike. Plenty of power and my wife wont ride until our youngest gets to High School (2 more years) I bought my bike at HD of Cinti and the biggest reason was that it was on the floor one day when I stopped in and next thing I knew I was signing the paperwork (wife was out of town and shouldnt leave me unsupervised) Good luck and I am sure all three would treat you right.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:24 AM
ironoxide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't say for all the Cincinnati dealers at the time, but in 96' the Fairfield dealer was charging $6000.00 over msrp.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 AM
V2K
Intermediate

I went to four Cincy dealers when I was looking for a new bike. Here's the short version.

1. Aces & Eights. Lousy attitude. Treated me as if they were doing me a favor. Typical H-D Boutique. I wouldn't buy a quart of oil from them. Let me put it this way, they offered to sell me a new '05 carbed RK custom for $15K plus taxes and tags. Because of their attitude I decided to look elsewhere.

2. Cincy H-D on Tennessee Ave. Excellent treatment. No pressure. Gladly answered all questions but also left you alone to kick the tires. If I decide to buy a Harley again it will be from them. If they had offered me the samedeal as Aces and Eights did I'd be riding a H-D today instead of a V2K. Unfortunately Cncy H-D didn't have any '05s left. My best friend rides a Fatboy and he has all his service done here and has had no complaints

3. The one on the north side wasn't much better than Aces and Eights. A little better but they still had an attitude. Given the right price I might buy a bike from them.

4. There's a new shop down in N. KY called Thoroughbred H-D. Small shop but they seemed o.k. Of all the shops they were the one that was most neutral, meaning they didn't have any attitude but they weren't overly helpful either. In other words they just left you alone. That's not necessarily a bad thing but compared to the friendly service at Cincy H-D it felt a little flat. I'd have no problem buying from Thorougnbred either. FWIW, I've been told that they are affiliated in some way with Cincy H-D. I don't know that for sure though.

I've been to all four of these shops more than once so my opinion isn't based on just one good or bad experience at any of these shops. In order of preference:

1. Cincy H-D
2. Thoroughbred H-D
3. The one up on the north side of the loop on 747 (can't remember the name)
4. Aces and Eights

YMMV

Old 08-30-2007, 10:50 AM
skullandcircle
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stay away from the one in KY, they will treat you like crap. A&E are some nice people

Old 08-30-2007, 12:42 PM
timdvm
6th Gear

Thanks all-
leaning towards Norwood- any other stories?
Tim

Old 09-01-2007, 07:55 AM
branchhill
Advanced

Hi Tim:

Here's my experiences.
Bought my '06 Fatboy this Spring from a couple who put 611 miles on it and then went out and bought a an '07 Road King Classic with Skull details. The bike originally came from Eastgate Harley near Mt. Carmel, Oh.The couple recommended them to deal with and he had owned 4 previous bikes.

My brother has a 100 Yr. Annv.Road King and he had issues with getting sound advice and costs with the service dept. at Aces & Eights in Mason, OH. The folks at Eastgate took care of his issues with a smile and a handshake. He has recommended Eastgate for the last two yrs. to whoever he talks to.

I understand that A&Es has had a change on ownership (within the last 2 yrs). Before I bought my Fatboy, a buddy came up from Tampa and we both rented new Heritage Softtails. The paperwork took a long time, but the bikes were perfect and turning them in was cake. They hold a fun Friday night bike in regulary in the summer and have butt loads of clothes.

Inventory: Cincinnati HD in Norwood, OH has the most, typically. Eastgate has the least. A&E inventory fluctuates in between.

I've had my 1000 mile service at Eastgate without a hitch. I have also ordered and bought several accessories and always found the Parts Dept. slammed! Hard to reach by phone and when you are at the counter the phone rings off the hook because everyone is jammed up. The service people are very good but they have had issues keeping administrative staff there and often the service guys pull double duty signing you in and doing the work.

That's it in a nutshell.

Jeff