General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Lyke Bags

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:05 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Leather Lyke Bags

I just bought a set for my wife's Yamaha 1100 Virago and I think they're great. Well-made, very waterproof, mount easily, and even came with the turn-singal relocation kit. She loves them.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:09 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Leather Lyke Bags

I had them on my last bike, an '06 Roadliner. I liked them. They are a goodalternative to the traditional hard bags. They are fairly easy to mount, seem to fit on the bike well, and provide a reasonable amount of room.

Only two complaints:

1) You have to use the key to open and close them. I would rather have a lockable system (one that you can unlock and leave unlocked or lock) than one that is always locked. Sometimes you just want to open the bag and toss something in, and having to always dig out the key is a pain. Of course, on my Heritage it's also a bit of a pain to have to always unfasten the straps (even with the quick release mechanism), so maybe I'm just lazy.

2) The don't hold enough. That's probably a general complaint for all bags, though. They are rated at 20 pounds, and you'd think they'd hold more. I'm sure you can stuff mroe into them, but given the rating I'm not sure how much more I'd go.

Overall, though, they are good bags for the money (can't really find a better hard bag for that price or better). I like the HD leather covered hard bags a little better, but they're also about $300 more, so it's all in the look and the price you're willing to pay.

Here's a pic of them on the bike ...