General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAN, this guy really hates HD.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MAN, this guy really hates HD.

The guy is part of the problem and not a solution. And he needs to keep in mind everytime that he points his finger at someone to blame something on, three more of his own fingers are pointing back at him.

Old 11-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Budds
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Aw Cut him some slack.......
He obviously has some axe to grind....... and is probably in REAL need of a Date !

Most harley owners are aware their bikes are about as aerodynamic as a Box Car, and that we're not the "Fastest" on the street...
If that was our concern we would certainly have bought a different "Style" of Bike !

Typical example.....

I pull in to a Large "Truck Stop" style gas station to top off the tank, and smoke a cig on my way home from every ride on my Dyna.
The Girls that work inside know me, and will ALWAYS come out to look at the bike ! ( They all want rides
The other day I pull in and take a pump farthest out, and a group of four Sport Bikes are camping on two pumps directly in front of me.
They got their helmets off and are sittin around Jokin and smokin...... a Van load of FSU Gals pull in to the pumps across from the Sport Bikes.
Most get out and procede to go inside, and pass the Sport bikers who hoot and holler to get the girls attention.
Two of the girls that had stayed with the van are checking my bike out thru the Van window, and come out to get a closer look.
I had finished filling up..... but the gals wanted to ask me things about the bike...... "How Fast does it go? ".... " Does it shake Real Bad ? "....... " How much does one like that Cost ? "...... " My Brother has a motorcycle, but its MUCH smaller ! "

Meanwhile the other gals start to come out of the store....... and walk right past the Sport Bikers without a word, to come gather around my bike.
( By this time one of the original two has braved up enough to ask to sit on it, and has her gorgeous self straddeling my bike yellin to her friends... " He's gonna let me ride it !!! " )

The Sport Guys sit there lookin pissed... I tell the gals I have to move the bike to let others gas up.
I Let the gal sittin on it to stay there when I start the motor...... And even with the rubber mounts, the 1340 EVO gives her tickles in her little sport shorts as the bike Idles its lopey idle.
Thoughly Pleased she giggles, (And Jiggles !), loudly as I help her off the bike.
I move the bike over to my usual spot to light a cig, The Van pulls away... many Smiles and waves from the windows.....
Then two of the counter gils come out and cuss me for never letting them "Start" it !

With the sport guys scrathing their heads I procede to let both Gals sit on the bike while it idles.
After each has had their fun they paw at me lightly and we all share a break..... As the Sport bike Guys Rev up and speed away.... Just KNOWING their Bikes are FASTER !!!!

Moral of the story......
My bike is what I wanted in a Street Bike..... Runs 55mph @ 2100 RPM.... Has a Mighty Power Band to go as fast as I NEED to without making the motor even grunt.
Is easy enough to ride that my wife can ride it...... and has no trouble goin Two-Up in comfort, for when she puts me on the back !
The Bike is insanely Beautifull !
This is the bike I wanted !
Big Plus to help an old Man's Image ...... ITS A CHICK MAGNET !!!!!! Lol

My Ford Expedition aint goin to Indy this year either....... Or winning any Fuel consumption awards....... but I still LOVE my Eddie B. !!!!!!
My feelins aint hurt about it !!!!!!

Just sayin..........

Budds.............................

Old 11-24-2005, 11:27 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Wake up, you bunch of image driven lemmings! When you turn that key in your new or used Harley, you don't turn into the Incredible Hulk, you stay the same old boring accountant who works from eight to five in a cubicle. So you ride a Harley. Big deal. The truth? Can you handle it? You bought into an image. An image fabricated by countless TV shows and Hollywood movies depicting a life on the back of a bike that you simply weren't cut out for. You WISH you could be like Lorenzo Llamas in that lame TV series, RENEGADE. You wish you were riding a customized Harley and being a bad ***.

But you aren't.

You WISH you could be like Peter Fonda as "Captain America" and Dennis Hopper as "Billy" in EASY RIDER, cruising America doing whatever you want, being bad and breaking the law.

But you can't."
I kind of have to agree with the above words from that site. Most people who ride HD's are image driven lemmings. LOL!

Old 11-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I always used to laugh at the scenes in Renegade where he used to ride everywhere with hair flying in the wind. In REAL life lets say you take a 100 mile trip and you had straight long hair. If you were to ride that far with out containing your hair you would have hair so tangled and matted you might as well cut it all off.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,912 Likes on 814 Posts

ORIGINAL: MegaHDman

"Wake up, you bunch of image driven lemmings! When you turn that key in your new or used Harley, you don't turn into the Incredible Hulk, you stay the same old boring accountant who works from eight to five in a cubicle. So you ride a Harley. Big deal. The truth? Can you handle it? You bought into an image. An image fabricated by countless TV shows and Hollywood movies depicting a life on the back of a bike that you simply weren't cut out for. You WISH you could be like Lorenzo Llamas in that lame TV series, RENEGADE. You wish you were riding a customized Harley and being a bad ***.

But you aren't.

You WISH you could be like Peter Fonda as "Captain America" and Dennis Hopper as "Billy" in EASY RIDER, cruising America doing whatever you want, being bad and breaking the law.

But you can't."
I kind of have to agree with the above words from that site. Most people who ride HD's are image driven lemmings. LOL!

There may be a fair number of HD riders like that, but the majority are NOT. Of all the HD riders I know (and I know quite a few), NONE are the image driven weekend warrior type.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 11-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Ragin_Republican
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

didnt even finish reading his rant. Doesnt deserve my time. Its all one sided. I dont see anyone forcing him to ride a Harley.

Old 11-25-2005, 06:09 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Clammy

But you aren't.

But you can't."

There may be a fair number of HD riders like that, but the majority are NOT.

Cheers!

You know for a fact that most are not image driven Lemmings? I think not.

HD went from making less than 50k(many cases much less than half that number) motorcyles per year to over 300k almost overnight, I can garentee the surge didnt come from an abundance of "hardcore" riders popping up overnight. That surge came from white collar technology explosion from the 90's through today. Most of the HD bikes that come through our shop are low miliage garage queens. I would guess about 1 out of 10 bikes that I see are driven by true hardcore old school enthusiasts, and thats most likely a very generous number.

Personally I don't care who rides HD's as long as the bikes pour through the shop generating income. A HD bike is a HD bike, and they for me are enjoyable to work on. Lets just not kid ourselves here.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:27 PM
howie_the_yowie
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That guy is a loser!
I have never owned a Harley but I will someday, it's what ever you want to ride that matters.

I have a thing for early British and Euro bikes and some of them are the biggest piles of sh*t arounds but so what!!!!!

Not everyone wants 175HP and bikes pulling 200MPH.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,912 Likes on 814 Posts

You know for a fact that most are not image driven Lemmings? I think not.

HD went from making less than 50k(many cases much less than half that number) motorcyles per year to over 300k almost overnight, I can garentee the surge didnt come from an abundance of "hardcore" riders popping up overnight. That surge came from white collar technology explosion from the 90's through today. Most of the HD bikes that come through our shop are low miliage garage queens. I would guess about 1 out of 10 bikes that I see are driven by true hardcore old school enthusiasts, and thats most likely a very generous number.

Personally I don't care who rides HD's as long as the bikes pour through the shop generating income. A HD bike is a HD bike, and they for me are enjoyable to work on. Lets just not kid ourselves here.
The HD riders I know are DEFINITELY not image driven lemmings! I know these guys very well, and they, like me, ride daily and the only thing that keeps them (and me) off the raod is snow and ice... which unfortunately we're into full bore now...[:'(][:'(][:'(]

Cheers!

Old 11-25-2005, 10:17 PM
molsenice
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This guy is soo lame, I am shocked people have posted to keep it going - the only reason for this post is to tell Budds - dude that is one SWEAT ride - NICE - should have PMd you instead of raising this trash heads rant

Quick Reply: MAN, this guy really hates HD.