General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAN, this guy really hates HD.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 03:57 AM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MAN, this guy really hates HD.

This guy is trying very hard to convince himself that it is ok not to buy American and that only idiots buy American.

Old 01-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Finalcut
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a dick-head

Old 01-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

These arguments often come up. I worked as a metric mechanic, and during that time customers would come in with their plastic clones, and proclaim my bike is better than a HD. So me being the great customer relation person I am, I would agree and say things like, yeah 'those damn HD riders with their loud bikes, that leak oil, and are overpriced junk that constantly break down'. Of course the customer would buy into it and further proclaim the technology of his 'year model sensitive, cheap plastic disposable imitation motorcycle, which was bought soley for the reason because he couldnt afford a HD, or felt his money was better spent with cheap imitation. After which most will add pipes, which normally sound like ****, shave off the name badges, and continue to pour money into the bike until loosing interest and then buying the bike he really wanted to begin with. Of course when the conversation would steer to 'so what kind of bike do you have?' and I would reply I have one of those overpriced, loud, oil leaking, constantly breaking down HD's, and I dont know how I managed to get those 63K miles on that bike. The guy that wrote the article, maybe he is a sportbike guy, which is a totally different type of bike, and biker. Its often hard for those guys to understand the allure of HD, and the following that customers have. Granted if you want to go fast and cut curves there is no better way to go than an Asian bike with a new price of just under 10K, you can blow the doors off the most exotic sports cars. HD is an icon, and a lifestyle, not just ownership, and you will always have 'those people', who cannot and will not understand or appreciate two wheel dynamics in the way members such as yourself do. To say it best to such people that write such outlandish things, People are blessed with ignorance, dont be so eager to show yours.

Old 01-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Skideluxe
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Chris was the star on "Brokeback Mountain" wasen't he?

Old 01-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Finalcut
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Chris was the star on "Brokeback Mountain" wasen't he?
Couldn't have said it any better.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother is a truck driver, he has a Harley, he let me ride it this Christmas when the family got together so ............I came home and bought one. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. Already had the Gold Wing, just had to have a Harley, couldn't shame my brother around his friends. It's done, my money my time and myChoice regardless of the reason, my choice. I defended this country for 22 years so I can make the choice, and so "Whats his face" can make fun of my choices.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

lots of great replies

Old 01-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

I dont think he understands why the metric makers are making Charley's. They know that some people cant afford the origanal "cruiser" bike, so thats why they make entry level cruisers. I have friends that are the same way, one owns a Ducati, its a nice bike, but not for doing 500+ miles a day. He's always asking me to store something in my bags cause he has NO storage. Yes, its fast and yes it can out perform my Ultra, but at the end of the day after 500 miles, I dont walk crouched over for an hour, and I have a world of "brothers and sisters" to ride with that "get it". Its not about the performance, its about a lifestyle, and an icon.

The rocket riders just dont understand, and its our job to keep reminding them. JMHO

Old 01-26-2006, 10:35 PM
mayday
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you just imagine just how sad this guys pitiful little life is???.....live life as you choose....but I say why not enjoy it![sm=biker.gif]

Old 01-27-2006, 03:38 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3 words... douchbag

Quick Reply: MAN, this guy really hates HD.