Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apes. . . what's the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:19 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Apes. . . what's the deal?

Damn dirty apes

Oh, this thread is about handlebars......... [8D]

Old 11-29-2007, 10:09 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpringerDude

I wish someone with some serious money and an interest in legal fights would get nailed for riding with "unsafe" apes. Seems like the state should be able to prove that something is dangerous with professional testing. I get the idea that the state just passes "safety" laws based on perception rather than evidence and that these laws stay on the books because no one has the means or the interest in challenging them.
What should happen is everybody sould git together and find out who passed the laws and go talk to them and vote them out of office to stop needless attacks against people that ride bikes. But everybody waits on everybody else to do things like this. You can vote to stop stuff like this and git people behind you. Write yer state legislator.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: TUNDRA_schumacher

Damn dirty apes

Oh, this thread is about handlebars......... [8D]
Bahahaha, well done sir.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 PM
SpringerDude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: cardboard

ORIGINAL: SpringerDude

I wish someone with some serious money and an interest in legal fights would get nailed for riding with "unsafe" apes. Seems like the state should be able to prove that something is dangerous with professional testing. I get the idea that the state just passes "safety" laws based on perception rather than evidence and that these laws stay on the books because no one has the means or the interest in challenging them.
What should happen is everybody sould git together and find out who passed the laws and go talk to them and vote them out of office to stop needless attacks against people that ride bikes. But everybody waits on everybody else to do things like this. You can vote to stop stuff like this and git people behind you. Write yer state legislator.
Going the political route isn't necessarily a good idea. Politicians don't like to overturn laws that were supposedly created to increase safety.Politicians would only support such a measure if a large group of the population wanted a change AND if they had some type of scientific evidence to support their argument. Otherwise, they have nothing to gain, other than to win the support of a relatively small number of bikers.

That's why it needs to be handled in the courts where a legal team can challenge the state and try to get them to demonstrate why their laws are justified. In court, the facts have a much better chance of deciding an outcome than simple rhetoric. Not a guarantee, but a better chance.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:11 PM
06train
Road Warrior

I like em but not for me ...I cant help but to think of a mad as hell bee in the arm pit????

Old 11-29-2007, 09:32 PM
mean green
Road Captain
Received 101 Likes on 47 Posts

Just recently put on my Wild 1 502s, digging them so far. Puts them right below shoulder level.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:40 PM
suspect
Cruiser

its like the difference between me wearing boxers and you liking to wear thongs, its what looks and feels good to me or you!!!

Old 11-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Joker441
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to run drag bars but went to Apes after a bad crash and two virtabra welded together in my lower back. I could not lean over to ride so went with apes, made it alot more comfee. And I have ran Apes on everything since. I got a 94 Electra now and trying to figure out if they make apes for it. I have 12" Apes on my hardtail still and love em.
Joker

Old 11-30-2007, 04:09 AM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Apes are an expression of how far you have to reach to scratch the head of your dick...only problem is,I cant find Apes high enough!!!...:&gt