General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slower Traffic Keep Right !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:33 AM
62trvler
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slower Traffic Keep Right !!

Don't get me started.................time to check my pulse

Old 08-27-2007, 09:36 AM
skullandcircle
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here in indiana, it seems people from ohio like our left lans. [/align]

Old 08-27-2007, 09:45 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: kjmorgan

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

I agree. It did nothing but create anxious drivers behind them. But, when it comes down to it....follow the rules of the road? Them already going 5 over wasn't fast enuff for ya??
I was waiting for someone to lecture me on that point. It has absolutely nothing to do with the speed limit. The safest thing is to observe the flow of traffic on the road you're on. It doesn't matter if most drivers are going 10 over or 10 under, slower traffic should move right and allow faster traffic to move left for passing!
No lecture at all. Just mentioning the point that it's a bit hypocritical to complain that somebody already driving over the speed limit should either go faster, or move over!

I fully understand where ya are coming from however, and the above is meant in jest. We have the same issues here on the Kansas Turnpike. Speed limit is 70. If you aren't running 78 or better, you are in danger of getting rear ended. 80 is the average speed.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Fandango6
Road Warrior

OK, I understand about left lane. What if your going five over in the left lane and got someone riding up you a$$, but if you move to the right lane your going to end up at the limit or five under? WTF? No win situation, been there many a time. [:'(]

Old 08-27-2007, 10:03 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was start by a cage riding b***k in truck telling bikers what to do to enjoy there day out riding. There something wrong with that.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:20 AM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the super slab back and forth to work. The speed limit id 65 mph, and there is three lanes in each direction (the speed limit is the same for all of them), I like to run about 70 - 75mph if traffic permits and I leave room in front which always gets "mistaken" for some *** hat to squeeze in and hit the brakes.

I'm generally in the left lane, not because I'm being an ***, but because thats the only spot that gives me an "out" when the **** hits the fan in front of me. There is room to pull to the center against the k-rail.

If i'm rolling with traffic and someone comes up behind, I'll move over if its safe, but I won't crowd someone else just to appear nice to someone behind.me. The problem is when someone comes up behind fast, its best to let them go around rather than guess if they are going to jump into the right lane at the same time I do on the bike, more often than ot they are looking over their shoulder so that they can blow by on the right and then squeeze in that little space in front of me.

Out on the big interstate two lane highways, I can see the reasoning for traffic to be in the right lane and leave the left open and I do that. But in town when you have muliple lanes to accomodate traffic, expecting others to leave the left lane open is unreasonable IMO.

A little common sense and courtesy would go a lot further towards getting everyone where they want to be safe and sound. Both of which seem to be in short supply in most cities I've driven/ridden in.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:27 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

SLOWER TRAFFIC...READ it..... SLOWER TRAFFIC........Say it with me, S.L.O.W.E.R. ---T.R.A.F.F.I.C.....[8D]
That means if someone is on your AZZ, regardless of your speed.......YOUR SLOWER TRAFFIC....MOVE your AZZ.....[:@]
That`s why it says SLOWER TRAFFIC......NOT..But I`m doing 5 over. JUST F-N MOVE AZZ HOLE. Enough said...

Old 08-27-2007, 10:40 AM
kjmorgan
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: cadman311

This was start by a cage riding b***k in truck telling bikers what to do to enjoy there day out riding. There something wrong with that.
Thanks for the personal attack - you obviously did not read my post or think about it for more than a second. I am a motorcyclist who happened to be a passenger those days. As I said in the post, the rule applies to all vehicles out on the interstate. If there was a forum for "General Interstate Traffic" I would have posted it there but since they were ALL riding Harleys, I posted it here.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
kjmorgan
Road Captain

Sorry - I missed the smiley face the first time I read your post.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

I agree. It did nothing but create anxious drivers behind them. But, when it comes down to it....follow the rules of the road? Them already going 5 over wasn't fast enuff for ya??
Sometimes 5mph over is not safe. Problem is, if Joe Schmo's wife is in labor and he's giving her a ride to the hospital and there's a pack of schmucks not wanting to move out of his way, he's probably going to make an unsafe move to pass them. The unsafe move could result in their untimely demise. Just one of a thousand reasons why you should jut get the hell out of the way when someone is trying to pass you - officer.

Quick Reply: Slower Traffic Keep Right !!