General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

think i'm getting ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:11 PM
bigdeek
Advanced
Received 38 Likes on 4 Posts
Default think i'm getting ripped off

Howdy all.
Question for any of you who have had a hard time with an ebay store.

I just bought pipes from a very large ebay power seller. I felt comfortable with them because they are a large setup.
I won, via buy it now, a set of new samson s2-433 pipes for my 07 springer classic.
Ordered them on a friday. Didn't get them until a week and a half later on a tuesday. So far so good. Opened the box on a wednesday and right away noticed there were no O2 bungs on the headers. Looked at the box and, yup, it was wrong - it was a samson S-433 for up to a 2006 softail. I looked at my paperwork that was on the box and it had the correct order for S2-433.

On wednesday afternoon, I called the ebay store to inform them. They agreed with me that the guy who pulled the box just pulled the wrong box. They said they had them drop shipped and it was too late in the day to deal with it, so they would call me the next day with a resolution.

Thursday came and went with no call. I called them that evening and got the old "my rep had a death in the family and I couldn't get ahold of him today. He said "this is a very complicated problem because the paperwork is correct. If you don't see an email from me tomorrow, call me." Now I am thinking I lost my 500 bucks to the old bait and switch routine. I let him know I was now very irritated and he basically was a jerk on the phone and said I would see an email from him tomorrow.
Friday came and went and no email. I started using ebay email to correspond so I can start getting this on record. His emails to me were rude, to say the least. He continued to blow me off. It ended with "we'll deal with it on Monday".

So, I basically spent the week having this jerk insinuate that i'm scamming him by switching boxes on him, or something to that effect. I can't see why this wouldn't have been taken care of with a phone call back on wednesday.

So, I will see what he says on monday.

What do you guys think? Sound like i'm being scammed out of my cash?

I was hesitant to start the paypal dispute resolution with him last week because I wanted him to work with me and give me a ups or fedex number to send these back to him for an exchange or my money back, but now i'm thinking if I don't geta shipping number on monday for an exchange, I should just cut my losses and file with paypal and insist on a refund and just go buy the pipes somewhere else.

?what to do? Give it a few more days, or do you agree with me that this isn't passing the smell test already and i'm being too nice with this guh?

later.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:19 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: think i'm getting ripped off

File the dispute under wrong item received....Ebay will be good at getting your money back

Old 08-26-2007, 09:21 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Screw this guy, obviously he doesnt care that the wrong product was sent out, and a customer is unhappy especially after you gave him time to make it right. Despute through Paypal and get your money back and send him his pipes back.

Chris

Old 08-26-2007, 09:29 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

If you don't dispute it with Pay Pal right away you will be past the time limit. File a dispute and if he follows through you can drop the dispute. You have to protect yourself. Do it NOW!

Old 08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
narosar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, agree with the others. Start the paypal dispute NOW, the one and only timeI had to dispute with paypal I got my money back. Takes time since they have to investigate but worth it.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

+1
ORIGINAL: sonar_chris

Screw this guy, obviously he doesnt care that the wrong product was sent out, and a customer is unhappy especially after you gave him time to make it right. Despute through Paypal and get your money back and send him his pipes back.

Chris

Old 08-26-2007, 09:55 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdeek

Howdy all.
Question for any of you who have had a hard time with an ebay store.

I just bought pipes from a very large ebay power seller. I felt comfortable with them because they are a large setup.
I won, via buy it now, a set of new samson s2-433 pipes for my 07 springer classic.
Ordered them on a friday. Didn't get them until a week and a half later on a tuesday. So far so good. Opened the box on a wednesday and right away noticed there were no O2 bungs on the headers. Looked at the box and, yup, it was wrong - it was a samson S-433 for up to a 2006 softail. I looked at my paperwork that was on the box and it had the correct order for S2-433.

On wednesday afternoon, I called the ebay store to inform them. They agreed with me that the guy who pulled the box just pulled the wrong box. They said they had them drop shipped and it was too late in the day to deal with it, so they would call me the next day with a resolution.

Thursday came and went with no call. I called them that evening and got the old "my rep had a death in the family and I couldn't get ahold of him today. He said "this is a very complicated problem because the paperwork is correct. If you don't see an email from me tomorrow, call me." Now I am thinking I lost my 500 bucks to the old bait and switch routine. I let him know I was now very irritated and he basically was a jerk on the phone and said I would see an email from him tomorrow.
Friday came and went and no email. I started using ebay email to correspond so I can start getting this on record. His emails to me were rude, to say the least. He continued to blow me off. It ended with "we'll deal with it on Monday".

So, I basically spent the week having this jerk insinuate that i'm scamming him by switching boxes on him, or something to that effect. I can't see why this wouldn't have been taken care of with a phone call back on wednesday.

So, I will see what he says on monday.

What do you guys think? Sound like i'm being scammed out of my cash?

I was hesitant to start the paypal dispute resolution with him last week because I wanted him to work with me and give me a ups or fedex number to send these back to him for an exchange or my money back, but now i'm thinking if I don't get a shipping number on monday for an exchange, I should just cut my losses and file with paypal and insist on a refund and just go buy the pipes somewhere else.

?what to do? Give it a few more days, or do you agree with me that this isn't passing the smell test already and i'm being too nice with this guh?

later.

Take a picture of the box with his shipping label on it. If it was paid with paypal, did it have buyers protection. Let him know he has 24 hrs to correct it before you fill with paypal.

Paypal works on the side of the buyer.

Good Luck

Old 08-26-2007, 10:25 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

Put anegative remarkon his buyers feedback. I had an issue resolved within 10 minutes when they saw the feedback report. They called me on the phone immediately....

Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Bowtieman31
Road Master

I agree with wlbowers, take the picture, give him a minimal amount of time to correct the problem and file your complaint.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:25 AM
jnlg
Intermediate

I really Hate to hear that. I try to make a living partially with my website and things like that detour honest people from buying from honest merchants. Thats exactly why I refuse to do business on ebay. Its kinda like going somewhere shopping and everyones trying to steal your cash. You never know whose honest and who isnt. As a business owner, mistakes happen and its how we deal with them that will make or break us. Let me also say if he is an authorized dealer then he probably got them from Drag Specialtiesdistributors. I am authorized to sell Samson andthey DO NOTDROP SHIP to anyone. If it doesnt work out send me an email and I will cut you a very good deal not only because of the trouble you've had but to help reverse any negative stigma towards online merchants. I dont have those in stock but i can have them in two days and ship out that day. I dont have Samson listed on my website yet but will soon, but you can email me at john@pro1powersports.com website www.pro1powersports.com.

Quick Reply: think i'm getting ripped off