General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

think i'm getting ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:50 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts
Default RE: think i'm getting ripped off

I picked up a sweet Mustang seat, backrest me as well as a pass seat and backrest from a fellow in Ga, just like brand new, for $400 plus. We talked on the phone several times before I bought it, looked at pics and I figured this guy was on the up and up. He was a business owner down there, so we did the deed, and man did I get a deal. Well worth the money, but there are way too many scurilous dogs out there just waiting to take your money for nothing. We need to do to those guys what the old timers did to cattle rustlers....hang 'em high!

Old 08-29-2007, 06:04 PM
chester1957
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worse yet, there is a crap load of sellers, that if you point out their shortcomings with feedback they retaliate with flaming insults and ask other to cancel their bids. I will deal with some ebayers with negative feedback, but not if they have flamed the person for leaving it. There is three or four that have the imported crap that never fits what the description says, and they flame the poor bastard when he complains. Stay far away from these a-hole companies.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a problem one time with a seller. I threatened him with, "if you dont make this right, I will leave a link, to a sitewhich I will create, in your negative feedback. On that site I will have all the emails and details of our sh!tty transaction." It wasn't long after that, he remedied the situation.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:42 AM
stevemet4
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a set of Rush mufflers from them last Friday....as I read your story I beganto put together how I was going to have to call, email, etc. when my order was wrong. 20 minutes later UPS delivered my mufflers and they were installed 30 minutes later. Feel like I dodged a bullet this time. I hope all works out for you.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:48 AM
cadillac
Road Master

Last March I bought a Mikumi carb from them. Their site said it typically ships in 1-4 days. After waiting 2 weeks for it to ship I had several email volleys with them and at one point they wrote "bear with us our shipping manager was in a motorcycle accident. please be patient and it will be there when promised.". It wasnt until I threatened to file the dispute that they finally shipped the carb. Afterwards I posted a neutral and they went totally ballistic on me. Would NEVER again buy anything from them.

bob

Old 08-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer

Yeah, same here...American Classic is BAD NEWS. Bought a gas tank, they sent the wrong one. Took them two weeks to admit it, then refused to exchange it for the right one. Claimed he would have to charge me $200 in labor to send me a correct tank.
Only after I filed a dispute with Paypal did they respond. I posted a neutral and he went crazy over it and gave me a negative with all sorts of BS on it. I waited until it was resolved, he agreed to remove his comments and then I posted a final reply to his negative before agreeing to the dispute.
Granted his site has great deals but I refuse to do business with a jerk like that no matter how much it saves me.