General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

think i'm getting ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 06:00 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: think i'm getting ripped off

walk into a store, if ya can touch it,, buy it,,, simple!!!!!

yea I know,,," you saved money",!!,,,,,,surrrrre youuuu didddd!!!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good advice, only dont use email use eBays messaging, paypal has that already as proof and so does ebay, its what they advise you to do also... Give him a day to resolve it after you tell him you are going to use paypal and ebays dispute, ebay is cracking hard on bad sellers right now...
ORIGINAL: glideridemike

Well, I have had situations dealing with sellers who, after getting your money, act like they don't know you. I always have approached it being very polite and professional in my demeanor and most of the time they fix the problem quickly. The times I have been outwardly irritated toward the seller only resulted in them getting an attitude back at me, and they have my money and I have this piece of sh*t thing thats no good or not right. Who has the advantage now? Get my drift? Find out your time limit for reporting this to ebay and paypal (if this how you paid), and send them an email stating something like you have tried to resolve this and they show no resolve to do so. If they don't take care of this, you will be forced to report them to ebay/paypal for this. Check requirements, but I think you need to try and reconcile by phone. Use email and keep all emails for proof. The box that the stuff was shipped in probably came via UPS or one of the large carriers. It should have lots of proof of that. Those companys keep records and can verify the whens and wheres. Let the seller know you are a member of several huge websites for bikers and if this is not handled you will pass this along. I have had to resort to this and usually they make things right without having to actually report them to ebay/paypal. There have been times when I have had to resort to that, and by having proof (emailings) to back up my claims I have a 99.9% record of satisfaction. The one time I didn't was because the seller quit ebay and I couldn't find him. Thankfully it was for only $10. Be patient, tactful, don't threaten other than to report them or pass the word, and expect this could take some time to be resolved.

just my $.02 worth

Good luck

Old 08-27-2007, 08:08 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdeek
The seller that is bending me over big time is Americanclassicmotors.
Stay away from AmericanClassicMotors.
Someone on the VTwin forums is having problems with this person/co..Said the owner? was very rude to say it nicely.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:10 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've gotten a few things from American Classic without problems, sorry to hear of you situation, hopefully everything will work out with the paypal dispute. Keep us updated, I was planning to buy some stuff for my 95 build from them and if they don't fix this with you I'll go elsewhere.

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

To save hundereds I'll take the gamble every now and then. I've saved about $400 so far by these e-bay sites and I figured it would save another $500 on my build this winter. Well worth the gamble when using Paypal thanks to their help to avoid scams.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:11 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

File a dispute and leave negative feedback of the seller doesn't comply.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:17 PM
justkiding
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've bought a bunch of stuff from them with no problems. I guess I won't press my luck anymore.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Funny thing is that they have told me that I am only the second person to ever have received an incorrect item. Already in this thread, baeseman received the incorrect mustang seat he ordered from the very same vendor.

No response to my emails at all.

In the mean time, it's going on 3 weeks since this began and I have a brand new flstsc in my garage with no pipes.
I ordered a $90 pillion seat - They sent me a $400 Road King seat. You would think they WANT to fix this asap...

There isn't any response to e-mail. After being directed to the parts return guy twice, I asked to speak to someone else and gave him the story. 15 minutes later, the parts return guy called. Imagine that.

3 weeks is wayyy to patient. Unless you are going to follow through on the dispute, call them every 30 minutes until it's shipped... He!!, do both...

Old 08-29-2007, 08:00 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

ORIGINAL: Baeseman1

Funny thing is that they have told me that I am only the second person to ever have received an incorrect item. Already in this thread, baeseman received the incorrect mustang seat he ordered from the very same vendor.

No response to my emails at all.

In the mean time, it's going on 3 weeks since this began and I have a brand new flstsc in my garage with no pipes.
I ordered a $90 pillion seat - They sent me a $400 Road King seat. You would think they WANT to fix this asap...

There isn't any response to e-mail. After being directed to the parts return guy twice, I asked to speak to someone else and gave him the story. 15 minutes later, the parts return guy called. Imagine that.

3 weeks is wayyy to patient. Unless you are going to follow through on the dispute, call them every 30 minutes until it's shipped... He!!, do both...
Shhoooot Baeseman1 I think I'd just sell the RK seat for half price, then re-order the right seat and maybe even make a few bucks out of the deal since this place you bought it from seems so reluctant to take care of their mistake. lol

Old 08-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Tnicean
Tourer

I bought on EBAY what was supposed to be a Mustang seat for my Heritage from a private seller and received a stock Heritage seat. I sent the seller an email through ebay and told them the seat had been misrepresented. I then filed a paypal dispute immediately. They sent me a personal check for my entire purchase and shipping, plus enough extra to pay to ship the Harley seat back to them. I did end up trusting them after talking to them. I cashed the check and waited a few days for it to clear and then sent them their seat back. I have no doubt that paypal would have refunded the amount if necessary. I cancelled the paypal dispute after all was corrected. No problems with their check or the return.
Tnicean

Old 08-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master

ORIGINAL: BigJfxdwg

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

To save hundereds I'll take the gamble every now and then. I've saved about $400 so far by these e-bay sites and I figured it would save another $500 on my build this winter. Well worth the gamble when using Paypal thanks to their help to avoid scams.
I try to find the middle ground for much of my buying (motorcycle gear/parts and otherwise). I like the pricing on the net but there are too many scammers out there. If I have the option, I'll usually order via the web, but from companies who have actual stores, too. This way returns can be handled at the local return/exchange counter rather than email/phone.

Plenty of motorcycle shops/dealers w/in my weekend riding range doing business on the web, so I'm willing to stick to them for my riding needs (mostly). I recommend others do the same unless you have a really solid relationship with some internet store. My method gets you some of the great pricing available online w/o the headaches/uncertainty of what will happen if the merchandise is problematic.

Quick Reply: think i'm getting ripped off