General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back from our West Virginia trip...Pics included

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007 | 07:39 AM
Garemlin
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Back from our West Virginia trip...Pics included

ORIGINAL: Mac57
As for the snooty attitude of my fellow Jerseyans you had the displeasure to meet, I'd like to tell them to grow up and stop giving my home state a bad rep. If I had run into you Monster it would have been my pleasure to buyyou and your Missusa few rounds. Sorry it was those jerks you met and not me.
Anyway, glad you had a great ride and returned home safe to share it with us.
Naa I'm not judging everyone in the state by a few. Because they were a patch wearing club they probably thought they were more cool than I was. Maybe their bylaws don't allow them to talk or acknowledge any bikers that aren't wearing a patch.

Old 08-27-2007 | 08:58 AM
tail11
Road Master

Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm orginally from West Virginia and those pictures brought back memories. I can second about the driving over the mountains. Once us hillbillies know the route, it becomes second hand to drive the mountains. Although I would never ever pass on a blind corner.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13603/739D6B893088480CB1243438453B94A7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-27-2007 | 09:16 AM
ut_vols_fan
Road Captain

Cool pics Steve - thatnks for sharing. Missed you on the Ride for Kids Sake Saturday, but it was extremely HOT, so I'm quite sure you made the right choice!! Did meet up with some biker dudes down by Billy Bob's Bike Barn on Rt 1. Quite the group, if ya know what I mean. Funny as hell...one went by the name Psycho and seemed to come by it honestly. Great guys and gals. Had a few beers with them and ended up at a resta/bar in Bridgeville for some outstanding burgers. BTW, I didn't win the dice run [:@]

Old 08-27-2007 | 09:34 AM
Garemlin
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ut_vols_fan

Cool pics Steve - thatnks for sharing. Missed you on the Ride for Kids Sake Saturday, but it was extremely HOT, so I'm quite sure you made the right choice!! Did meet up with some biker dudes down by Billy Bob's Bike Barn on Rt 1. Quite the group, if ya know what I mean. Funny as hell...one went by the name Psycho and seemed to come by it honestly. Great guys and gals. Had a few beers with them and ended up at a resta/bar in Bridgeville for some outstanding burgers. BTW, I didn't win the dice run [:@]
Believe it or not it was pretty hot even for being in the mountains. Then the rain hit and it made it even more humid. So did anyone else from the forum show up for the ride??? Oh I think there is an ABATE kids run coming up in a few weeks.

Old 08-27-2007 | 10:28 AM
quint
Tourer

I'm an Australian living in Las Vegas. That sure looks like some beautiful country there. I hope to visit some day. Thanks for the pics!

Old 08-27-2007 | 10:53 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

Wow, awesome pics! Kinda depressing to be looking at them on a Monday morning in the office though. [:@]

Old 08-27-2007 | 10:56 AM
ut_vols_fan
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

Believe it or not it was pretty hot even for being in the mountains. Then the rain hit and it made it even more humid. So did anyone else from the forum show up for the ride??? Oh I think there is an ABATE kids run coming up in a few weeks.
I rode down with two guys from work, one is a forum member (Phatail9) (Ed) - he's the one that lives out by you. Keep me posted on the ABATE ride.....

Old 08-27-2007 | 12:12 PM
JoeWV
Advanced

Next time you're in that area you should stop by Tractor Bar. Its a really neat bar located in an old tractor sales building in Mt. Nebo. www.tractorbar.com
i think thats the website for them.

Old 08-27-2007 | 01:35 PM
dadofsix
Outstanding HDF Member

I live on the Virginia side of those mountains. I get to see scenery like that every time I ride.

Old 08-27-2007 | 02:39 PM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member

Beautiful.

Quick Reply: Back from our West Virginia trip...Pics included