General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

feeling belittled

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: feeling belittled

Screw him. If it's right for you, then it's right. Enjoy your ride!

Old 08-25-2007, 11:47 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the third leg I was following the same guy the entire way and you I could tell he was looking back trying to figure something out.
Sounds like he could of used a bit of education about Harley-Davidson's, and you blew your chance at giving it to him.

If he was just trying to be a smartazz he wouldn't of been riding along trying to figure out what was behind him for so long.

Believe it or not, there are actually other riders that couldn't tell a Sporty from a Dyna, or a Road King from a EG Classic.( and some of them ride a Harley)

The ones that really blow my mind are the ones that ask if my Ultra is a Harley.... doI get offended??

Or my all time favorite, the guy atLowes walking by with a Vegas HD t shirt on, looks over at my bike and says to me " nice bike" as he's walking away with his wife, I hear him saying to her, "thats thebike I want, a Harley Goldwing"

Just shook my head and walked inside.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:50 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Should have told him it was a Honda Rebel to really confuse him....

Seriously though, the Softail Standards are great bikes, and many of the guys I ride with own them. Might not have all the chrome of a Deuce, but the Standard's are all business.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:59 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

Egotistic Azz hole. Little pecker syndrome...........[sm=loser.gif]
What was this dick-wad riding anyway. Some bar hopping lane swapper that he paid 70K for and it`s probable only worth 10K at best.....
Never let some obvious idiot talk **** like that about your ride. Some people have bikes for the sake of being able to pose and say I have one.[sm=forgetit.gif]
Ride what you like and like what you ride and Fuuk idiots like that. No social skill`s whatsoever (is that evena word). So I would group him with the wannabe, trailer queencrowd.......[8D] $0.02
And to answer your question...No I have never had anyone do something that stupid. I ride with riders, not Azz Holes.
There's one in every crowd.....[8D]Happy Motoring. Keep the rubber side down and enjoy your ride.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Softy
Road Master

ORIGINAL: drdiesel1

Egotistic Azz hole. Little pecker syndrome...........[sm=loser.gif]
What was this dick-wad riding anyway. Some bar hopping lane swapper that he paid 70K for and it`s probable only worth 10K at best.....
Never let some obvious idiot talk **** like that about your ride. Some people have bikes for the sake of being able to pose and say I have one.[sm=forgetit.gif]
Ride what you like and like what you ride and Fuuk idiots like that. No social skill`s whatsoever (is that evena word). So I would group him with the wannabe, trailer queencrowd.......[8D] $0.02
And to answer your question...No I have never had anyone do something that stupid. I ride with riders, not Azz Holes.
There's one in every crowd.....[8D]Happy Motoring. Keep the rubber side down and enjoy your ride.
That's what I said...

Old 08-26-2007, 12:12 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont care for anyone who talks down to others for what they ride.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:58 AM
shoptroll
Banned

If you own a Harley and can't at least tell the difference between the 5 families, you shouldn't be asking those kinds of friggin questions unless you lead off with "I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but, I was wondering.................................

Old 08-26-2007, 12:59 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Softy

He was probably jealous.[:'(] Don't wory about it.
Ditto

Old 08-26-2007, 01:30 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He just showed you how little he knows about Harleys.
Reminds me of someone asking me if I had a 883 or 1200? When I said 1450 their jaw dropped, I ride a Superglide not a Sportster.
And this was from a guy who had been riding for a few years.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:10 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You've got good advise here ... if the fellow can't tell the difference between two very different families of HDs then he's not worth listening too. Just curious ... what bike was he on?

Quick Reply: feeling belittled