General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Credit DirectPay fee increase

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:02 AM
kerry_okie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Credit DirectPay fee increase

Like everyone else who finances through HD Credit, my statement for next month tells me that the fee for one-time DirectPay payments is jumping from $2 to $6. I didn't like paying $2, and I damn sure don't like the idea of paying $6. I guess they are trying to force everyone to move to scheduled payments, where there is no fee. Thoughts?

-- kerry --

'07 FXDB

Old 08-24-2007, 11:14 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: HD Credit DirectPay fee increase

i've had scheduled payments for 3 years . no problems and i dont havta worry about it. they e-mail me every month after they take it out. and send me a statement to.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:20 PM
texaspirate
Road Captain

I too did not like the $2.00 fee for a one time payment. So I ended up having it on a schedule every month. No way then to be gone and miss a payment. Got the notice of the increase of a one time fee and made my decision even better.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

I didn't know there was a fee for paying through Harley. I better check my Amex version of that, as I've paid that directly through their site a few times!

I just pay it through my bank (Bank of America). Sure it's not instant like if I payed through the DirectPay, but I pay about $50 more a month, and pay it every other paycheck (bi-weekly), so I'm ahead of the schedule anyways.....

Old 08-24-2007, 06:41 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Pretty good deal for them. It's cheaper to have a computer do the work, so they charge you for it.Anybody know ofany other company who charges for making their operation more efficient?

I mail mine in. I won't have a scheduled payment. Might wanna decide not to pay 'em at all someday. Too hard to do with the scheduled payment.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Time2ride
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: pococj

Pretty good deal for them. It's cheaper to have a computer do the work, so they charge you for it.Anybody know ofany other company who charges for making their operation more efficient?

I mail mine in. I won't have a scheduled payment. Might wanna decide not to pay 'em at all someday. Too hard to do with the scheduled payment.
Lots of 'em. Look at any bank with automated telephone banking that charge per call, on-line bill pay fees, any large corporation that has a maze of automated phone messages to navigate in order to get to a real person, self-checkouts (they don't charge more, but they don't charge less either), the list goes on and on... besides, I was undet the impression thata one time direct pay is intended for when paying the bill slips your mind or your budgetand you want to avoid the late fee. It wasn't intended to be used as the sole method of payment... so yes, they charge a nominal fee for the convenience of saving you money.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:17 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tried to pay over the phone by check, they wanted to charge me a convience fee. I said who's this a convinence to you or me. You don't have to go to the bank and do a deposit or nothin.
I went and got the money and paid the bike off. I sent Harley a letter and said you was gonna git interest for 72 months on my bike. Now since yer a butt yer gittin nothin.
H-D system chokes me when they want to do things like this.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:15 PM
smokeygold
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Git da hell outa here Dude! Ya all must be ferkin Jokin! Somebitches...