Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply from HOG (Enthusiast Editors)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Reply from HOG (Enthusiast Editors)

I found the reply in The Enthusiast interesting also. I sent off my letter to them and received the "automated reply". My best guess is, we will never get an answer from them because they are in business to sell their products. If one of us gets a warranty denial because of what they perceive as "an oil related failure", the burden of proof will be on us, the consumer,to prove them wrong. Same game, big company waits out the little guy until he is either broke or tired, and they win.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:34 PM
YTHOG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I received the same response. Notice that they have a year to consider our letters. Don't hold your breath. They will wait long enough so that everyone will forget about it. I wonder who else does this, could it be POLITICIANS....................hum.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 AM
07RoadGlide
Banned

I got the same automated e-mail reply also. Not that I ever expected a real reply anyhow, I just wanted to see if we could crash their server by flooding their e-mail box. Not that we'd ever know if we did or not, but just thinking about the possibility makes my day. LOL

Old 08-24-2007, 05:34 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i guess thats all they could say to all of us .

Old 08-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

How did this smoke get up my arss?

Old 08-24-2007, 07:36 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hog is a club that supports H-D and its products of H-D only. They git special prices at their H-D dealer also.
And like bowtieman said, they have more money and better lawyers and can play the game longer than we can. I've been there on a law suit Allstate paid for on a law suit against me that lasted for 3 yrss.
Need to send H-D a letter about their extended warranties. All this do it my way or it voids yer warranty. You need to send to H-D yer words on how their warranty is wrote on toliet paper. I threw my warranty at them.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Fastlane
Tourer

MOCOBS!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:51 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Yellotang

Hey Dynamike!

[align=left] [/align]
Hey bud! How ya doing? I'll have plenty of pics of my Sturgis journey on my site soon! It was nice meeting you and your family at the campsite!

Mike

Old 08-24-2007, 09:01 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: pococj

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

(Snip some)

As you probably know, I've been outta warranty for a while. I also am very interested in this chain of events and will be watching closely. This topic has also got me interested in working on an article reviewing oils and filters.
I didn't think you were the **** type! Ya gonna send off some fresh quarts of the typical oils we muttersickle riders use and have 'em analyzed? And there's some dude I found through theBITOG site who made a rig to test filters for flow, bypass pressure, etc.

Wonder if Blackstone Labs would analyze the oil gratis for mention in your rag?

Here's my list of possible oils: HD Syn-3, HD-360 20w-50, Mobil 1 silver cap 15w-50, Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w-50, Amsoil 20w-50, Castrol SynTec 20w-50, Castrol GTX 20w-50, Valvoline 20w-50, Havoline 20w-50, Royal Purple 20w-50, Redline 20w-50.

Filters: Stock HD type, Wix, NAPA, Purolator, AC Delco, Fram, Amsoil

Ain't I bein' helpful?
I'm not the **** type, just interested in the truth.

I've been thinking about the letter and the reply in the enthusiast. I was giving it some thought last night when I was fixin' dinner. You know, there is some truth to what he said and I don't think it will violate the Magnuson-Moss-Act.

Lemme 'splain.

Syn-3 is their oil. The warranty is on their products. If your motor experiences a failure and the cause is traced to the oil, then they will fix it because it's their oil.

He's not saying that other oils will void the warranty. He's saying that Syn-3 will definitely not void the warranty. It's semantics and doesn't follow common sense, but it still may be protecting them legally.

At any rate, I will definitely get to the bottom of this. I will call H-D PR and get to the skinny. I'm going to do this in conjunction with the oil review.

Thanks for the tips. I'll be in touch with that lab.

Mike

Old 08-24-2007, 09:50 AM
efciv
Cruiser

Same canned response here.

Quick Reply: Reply from HOG (Enthusiast Editors)