General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

military pins on vest??

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:21 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: military pins on vest??

What does EOD stand for?

ORIGINAL: 07RoadGlide

but when some goon comes up asking me what a certain ribbon was awarded for and he's wearing the same one on his vest - I'm raising the Bull$**** flag!
Understand completely, and see your point. The guy may have just been a jackass to see if you earned yours and knew what you were talking about. Either way, I'm not trying to defend him. There have been time I've seen people running around with EOD shirts on, and I'll be the first one to call them out on it. Half of the times, they're guys who rolled out of school and never earned a crab. I usually let them know that they aren't/weren't ever EOD and don't appreciate them pretending to be. That's usually the end of the conversation. Same way with Seals and such. Those guys get WAAAYYY more pissed seeing someone with their Trident on if they didn't earn it.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:44 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

ORIGINAL: petemac

What does EOD stand for?
Explosive Ordnance Disposal

Weird guys who play with things that go boom. If you ever hear one say, "Uh-oh!", it's time to duck!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:02 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks. I was thinking it was something like that, but couldn't figure out the D.

ORIGINAL: pococj

ORIGINAL: petemac

What does EOD stand for?
Explosive Ordnance Disposal

Weird guys who play with things that go boom. If you ever hear one say, "Uh-oh!", it's time to duck!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:40 AM
ken01976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW, find a good way to keep them pins attached, nothing pisses me off more than losing some of those pins that cant be replaced. I searched hi and low to find a unit pin just to almost lose the thing while riding. If anyone has an idea other than soldering the backers on, let me know.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:46 AM
wisemx
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the bros here, if it's worn with Respect it's being worn properly.

We are not talking about anything official, this clearly has more to do with Patriotism and Respect.

As for keeping them in place...Shoe Goo does the job and can be pealed off later if you need.
http://www.eclecticproducts.com/shoegoo.htm

Old 08-22-2007, 11:55 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

Just an FYI regarding 'earned' military pins, patches, medals, etc. Of which, I'm pretty sure you vets already know. But just in case a family membermay not.....There is a form that can be filled out and mailed to Washington whereby you can receive EVERY pin, patch, medal you've ever earned or that of a loved one who served as well. I know this because I sent off to have my dad's pins, patches, medals replaced shortly after he passed. Surprisingly, I received the whole lot (really cool receiving a WWII Victory Medal) of them in relatively short order; say 6 weeks or so. Again, just an FYI for those who may not have been aware of such a thing. Respects to all of you guys who have fought (and who are still fighting) so that me and my loved ones can enjoy the freedoms that we so often times shamelessly take for granted. Bless you all.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:44 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: hartick

im fresh out of the navy and cant find a submarine patch for my vest. is there any rules about wearing my sub pin on my vest?? i have already put my subs patch on the right chest area, just like the uniform had.

or if anyone knows where to find a smaller submarines patch that would be great. i have looked for the past 2 years and cant find one at any rallies i have been to.
Wear them with pride! I wear my AF Crew wings and Medic badge on my vest, along with my unit patch.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Shagg
Intermediate

How fresh out are you? If your still in a reserve unit, you have access to the exchange and can get your patch there. You might try a surplus outlet like J&J or Mountain View surplus. You could get the OLD dolphins/submariners patch or pin too. I always thought them spread eagle naked ladies were pretty cool looking on a vest. IMHO

Old 08-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Shagg
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: ken01976

BTW, find a good way to keep them pins attached, nothing pisses me off more than losing some of those pins that cant be replaced. I searched hi and low to find a unit pin just to almost lose the thing while riding. If anyone has an idea other than soldering the backers on, let me know.
My pins were always threaded. But nothing pissesme off more than someone in front of me losing one, knowing I may take it in the eye.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:56 PM
mhendo
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007
There is a form that can be filled out and mailed to Washington whereby you can receive EVERY pin, patch, medal you've ever earned or that of a loved one who served as well.
Hey TxHarley, would you happen to remember what that form is?

Quick Reply: military pins on vest??