Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you seen the new Harley Enthusiast Mag?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:07 AM
usmv16
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have you seen the new Harley Enthusiast Mag?

Or did you ride in the dirt on a Springer, get over yourselves [sm=GrowUp.gif]
As a matter of fact Chicago... I DID!! My 1961 Panhead with RIGID frame and GEN-U-WINE old Harley springer front end on it AND my 1942 WLA....... Rode many miles in the woods, dirt roads, open fields, meadows, old logging roads in the Maine/NH/VT wilderness...

It was a BLAST

Old 08-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, some did, and my comment was tongue in cheek. But there's NO reason what-so-ever to try an belittle others that choose something different. It matters not what kind of bike you're on when a cell phone using idiot in their Explorer turns left in front of you. We all take the same chances, we all bleed the same, we die the same.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:14 AM
06train
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh Boy another oil thread!!

THE factory will, in fact, VOID your warrantee if, after an oil analysis, it finds "another oil" other than H-D is AT FAULT for an engine failure..

The Magneson Act has a section that addresses this issue, and it does state that if an "aftermarket" part (or oil) is the CAUSE of a failure, the warrantee CAN be voided.. read the WHOLE act not just the first few paragraphs... Congress basically CYA'd themselves with that provision...

That's the way it works folks...so put in H-D oil for the duration of your warrantee and don't worry about it..

All ya'll do is b*tch about this and that from the factory.. if ya don't like it.. BUY A HONDA!!!
Agreed .. If you want NO bullship bout your warranty use there oil...If you have an issue and there are questions about the cause from using other oils ..The bottom line is the SUCKIN MO.CO. issayin get ready for a battle if you don't use our oil!!!!!!!!!!!! ,,, I use Amsoil...And will if nessary--- battle...

Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

OK, some did, and my comment was tongue in cheek. But there's NO reason what-so-ever to try an belittle others that choose something different. It matters not what kind of bike you're on when a cell phone using idiot in their Explorer turns left in front of you. We all take the same chances, we all bleed the same, we die the same.
But that doesn't make us brothers.
Because I own a Harley doesn't make me a brother to every Harly rider.
And if you own a Honda, don't pull up next to me and think we are brothers. That is just pathetic wishful thinking on their behalf.

All motorcycles and riders are not equals.

And this is not the thread to be b*thcing about people who don't love all motorcycles.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:50 AM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=laughingsmilie.gif] [sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 08-25-2007, 11:41 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Yellotang

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

And this is not the thread to be b*thcing about people who don't love all motorcycles.
Then why did you bring it up in the first place, and how did this have anything to do with the topic at hand when you wrote it? [sm=dontgetit.gif]

BTW if you don't like my Honda quote in my signature then you could kiss my *ss!
Chris

Old 08-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnT

ORIGINAL: Bluzmn59

P.S. Anybody else tired of the "Buy a Honda" retort used by so many? I love Harley-Davidsons, been riding them for almost 30 years and even sport a Harley tattoo. That certainly does not mean that I blindly follow a large multi-national corporation no matter what they do.
The 'Honda' riff is as tiresome as the 'If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand' reponse that gets tossed around a lot. They're both lazy, adolescent answers meant to excuse the inability to engage in an honest dialogue abouta particularissue that might reflect negatively on Harley-Davidson. A better reaction to such topics would be to follow the advice, "If you don't have anything to say, don't say it."
Because of these quotes is why I had to make my point about my signature.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:56 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

question,,,,, whats wrong with using HD oil anyways??????

is it cause you think theres a miracle oil out there that heals all sick 07's?
cause 1 guys says his runs 500 degrees cooler?one smells like a ribeye steak cookin?

maybe we should send e-mails to the big oil companies,(mobil,amisoil etc),,, bet they would have some thoughts about HD's coments.

has anyone ever tryed to use it while sun bathing?

last question,
will it do away with unwanted dogs if ingested?

Old 08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Wel, this has gone the usual way one of these threads go. They generally rank just below 1%er threads for the fussin' goin' on. At any rate, I'm dropping a few parting thoughts, then locking this turd.

1 - Use HDoil if you want.

2 - Use a better quality oil if you want.

3 - Don't believe everything; do your own research instead of simply spouting off what you heard/readsomeone say they heard someone say to someone else about someone's third cousin twice removed.

And finally - If anyone actually gets a letter back from the Enthusiast that actually addresses the issue in something besides self-serving BS, post it.