General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 Harley X350 and X350RA

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2023 | 01:57 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!

Originally Posted by Marsikus
Frontal number plate for India.
That's the Harley Riding Academy model. I'd guess the bracket is for holding a plate showing the rider's name, so the instructor knows who they're talking to.

Old 03-10-2023 | 01:18 AM
FatBob2018
|
Grand HDF Member

The X350 launched today in China at a suggested retail price equivalent to $4,795.00.

Old 03-10-2023 | 07:05 AM
hellonewman
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
just the brand's integrity, that is all it will cost.
I don't see how. They're making a bike in another part of the world for a different market just like any other manufacturer does. How does that affect a particular bike here that I may be interested in?

Honda is a great example. They sell generators, dirt bikes, side by sides, cars, suv's (that are all great) and championship winning motorcycles. Im surprised they dont sell toilets too but if they did, the Honda's I have would not be impacted in any way value-wise nor would I think they betrayed me somehow.

How can Honda who has a great racing history do this and not sacrifice their integrity but Harley cant?

The following users liked this post:
Calif Fat Bob (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023 | 09:46 AM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by hellonewman
I don't see how. They're making a bike in another part of the world for a different market just like any other manufacturer does. How does that affect a particular bike here that I may be interested in?

Honda is a great example. They sell generators, dirt bikes, side by sides, cars, suv's (that are all great) and championship winning motorcycles. Im surprised they dont sell toilets too but if they did, the Honda's I have would not be impacted in any way value-wise nor would I think they betrayed me somehow.

How can Honda who has a great racing history do this and not sacrifice their integrity but Harley cant?
Honda is such a world successful company any comparison of the two is laughable. You could sum it up best as, Honda can enter nearly any industry it wants and be readily accepted as a know manufacturer of high quality products with world wide appeal, you cannot say that about Harley.

Harley-Davidson is an American icon that plays up their American heritage and longevity to the point of absurdity at times.

So, what integrity do they have if they willing to buy a motorcycle designed and manufactured in China and merely slap their storied brand logo on? T-shirts are one thing... the core product of your company is not.

Old 03-10-2023 | 09:55 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Got a nice lol after reading on how China labels their bikes.

Anyways, I think selling these in the US would sell well. But I think since they sell Benellis here in the US, there is probably some agreement that they cant sell them here in the US

Old 03-10-2023 | 11:33 AM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior

I would love to hear how you guys that "Try to buy Made in America" can actually survive a week let alone a month buying only Made in America. Sure you can get a pair of jeans, boots, a hat, sometimes an American Flag, and even some food, but the list gets short after that. I don't suppose I will hear back though, as the laptop, iPads, or smartphone you are typing on are made in China, Bangladesh, or Taiwan. The monitors and keyboards as well. The cable to your modem, and the modem itself, the wires from your house to the pole. The equipment at the internet provider and the equipment used to get power to your home. Home speaking of home, the refrigerator keeping those Mexican and South American vegetables cold, the insulation in your walls, the wood of those walls, the nails and screws, carpet, lights, etc. Of course you could leave your "Made of stuff from Not from America" house, and drive your Silverado that was made in Mexico, across town to some building made from Chinese cement to try to find more "Made in America" stuff. Lol

The idea that stuff made outside of America is always subpar, is just not true anymore. 40 years ago maybe, but there are state-of-the-art manufacturing capability in China, India, Taiwan, and other places that can rival American factories. Even the Engineering in those places can exceed the Engineering capability here in the states. Now granted that does take jobs from America for sure, but to say the "quality" of components, materials, assemblies, etc are sub-par if they are made elsewhere, just doesn't hold up for everything. (In my humble opinion only)

Last edited by Calif Fat Bob; 03-10-2023 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-10-2023 | 11:56 AM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
I would love to hear how you guys that "Try to buy Made in America" can actually survive a week let alone a month buying only Made in America.
Look at the parking lot of a Harley dealership next time your there. Lots of foreign made cars and trucks driven in by the folks that think you have to ride a Harley or you are not American.

Honda makes everything. When they decided to get into aviation, they designed a jet and even designed and produced their own engines. Most aircraft companies build their own airplane but use off the shelf engines made by other companies.

The following users liked this post:
Calif Fat Bob (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023 | 12:29 PM
xyzzyxyzzy
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jed Clampett
Look at the parking lot of a Harley dealership next time your there. Lots of foreign made cars and trucks driven in by the folks that think you have to ride a Harley or you are not American.

Honda makes everything. When they decided to get into aviation, they designed a jet and even designed and produced their own engines. Most aircraft companies build their own airplane but use off the shelf engines made by other companies.
Imagine, if you will, a jet engine designed and built by H-D. It is to laugh.

Old 03-10-2023 | 01:11 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Old 03-10-2023 | 02:19 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
Honda is such a world successful company any comparison of the two is laughable. You could sum it up best as, Honda can enter nearly any industry it wants and be readily accepted as a know manufacturer of high quality products with world wide appeal, you cannot say that about Harley.

Harley-Davidson is an American icon that plays up their American heritage and longevity to the point of absurdity at times.

So, what integrity do they have if they willing to buy a motorcycle designed and manufactured in China and merely slap their storied brand logo on? T-shirts are one thing... the core product of your company is not.
So in other words if you built a quality product it doesn't matter what other items you build it wont tarnish your image.

Quick Reply: 2023 Harley X350 and X350RA