Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new respect for touring class

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Obi68
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A new respect for touring class

true, sometimes a new wife would be cheaper than harley accessories!

Obi

Old 08-20-2007, 12:19 AM
07RoadGlide
Banned

triple buzz,

Welcome to the dark side. You're gonna love the RG. I've always owned metrics up until now, but I've ridden a few softails and sportsters and I tell ya, I'm never going to own anything but a Road Glide. Hope they don't discontinue them anytime soon, because I'll want another one after I wear this one out.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:03 AM
CornbredNE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you could always add the Kuryakyn adjustable pass. peg kit. That sells at $150 (roughly) and still allows normal use of the pass. board when desired.

David

Old 08-20-2007, 04:43 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member

My passengers love these!http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=2409

ORIGINAL: Donald A

A little off topic, but, what is available to relocate the passenger floorboards and make them higher???

Old 08-20-2007, 07:11 AM
77Tulsa
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the problem is the bar riding the back of the passengers leg I recommend the comfort bag guards and they are $145 in the Harley catalog. just my .02
ORIGINAL: Donald A

A little off topic, but, what is available to relocate the passenger floorboards and make them higher???

Old 08-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The factory mounting brackets are adjustable, 3 different positions. Take a look, you may be able to save some money for chrome.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer

The factory mounting brackets are adjustable, 3 different positions. Take a look, you may be able to save some money for chrome.
I am glad somebody finally said that. My wife is short and the middle position is good for her. The top would have her knees even father from the bars.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:01 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Neckball

I was thinking the same thing...on the rented Ultra theboards were probably in the factory postion, which is the middle adjustment. They only move 3/4" up or down from there, but it makes alot of difference for the passanger.

The Kury pegs are more of a passanger hiway peg, and some folks I know have had a problem with the nylex adusting gears melting and failing, making the adj pegs useless.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:41 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

I think Soos (on these forums) makes spacers for those passenger boards. I got a set for my rider floorboards which puts them out about 3/4" if I remember correctly. Works well. At around $35., it was considerably less expensive. It may not resolve your problem.

And welcome to our world. I traded it my Springer for an RKC, and haven't looked back.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with different bikes for different rides if you can swing it. I have the Springer Classic with just a solo seat for me (currently undergoing a 100/100+ engine build). I love running around on that bike and taking intermediate rides (300-400 miles). I have the Electra Glide for two-up and long rides. The Electra Glide actually handles as well, if not better that the softail - just has a different look.

Quick Reply: A new respect for touring class