General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MC Patchholders

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Georgia Kracker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MC Patchholders

Good link for support patches:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&category0=

Old 08-20-2007, 04:37 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Quite alot of "good to know" information at that site. Thanks for the link.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:28 PM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a question.
First let me preface with: I am NOT a MC member, have no desire to be one, am definately ignorant of the goings on of clubs, and could really give a $hit about them, And Im not talking about me. Besides, I would never make it through the probationary period, as I have definate authority problems.
That being said, One of the purposes of a MC, and even more a 1% club, is to live a life of freedom, correct? Yet they would infringe on others freedom of wearing something. Thats kinda contradictory, aint it? I understand that a MC views the patch as something important and even sacred. But to many it doesnt mean anything. So if a patched MC really is about freedom and such, why should they care what anyone else is wearing (ie. Legion Riders), if they arent trying to cause the MC a problem ( ie. wearing a clone HA patch)?

Old 08-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: DoubLeL

ORIGINAL: Phil
For me, it's the brotherhood (it's like no other that I know of) and the acceptance of certain groups and individuals that made me gravitate toward a certain club. There's the "overall" focus of the club and what it's all about. The "work" of the club so to speak...
Must be me, but you already belong to THE biggest club around "HOG". The only other thing I could see is your local HOG chapter. Do you really need anything else?
HOG he says,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's funny sh*t right there[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 08-20-2007, 05:56 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,869 Likes on 9,332 Posts

ORIGINAL: INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS

I have a question.
First let me preface with: I am NOT a MC member, have no desire to be one, am definately ignorant of the goings on of clubs, and could really give a $hit about them, And Im not talking about me. Besides, I would never make it through the probationary period, as I have definate authority problems.
That being said, One of the purposes of a MC, and even more a 1% club, is to live a life of freedom, correct? Yet they would infringe on others freedom of wearing something. Thats kinda contradictory, aint it? I understand that a MC views the patch as something important and even sacred. But to many it doesnt mean anything. So if a patched MC really is about freedom and such, why should they care what anyone else is wearing (ie. Legion Riders), if they arent trying to cause the MC a problem ( ie. wearing a clone HA patch)?

I think you might want to just stick with your first statement about being ignorant of the goings on of clubs. Protecting a corporate logo is important. You may not know this, but most MCs register their club colors. If you went out and used theH-D logo on something of your own design, I think you would have theH-D weenies breathing down your neck demanding you change it. MCs enforce the use of colors in their area for a bit more than just corporate rights.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

OK,

I can see where this is headed now. People aren't gonna leave it alone so I'm just going to lock it before the shiit really hits the fan.