General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MC Patchholders

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MC Patchholders

ORIGINAL: Phil

I agree. It is comical. What's even more comical is the number of NON patchholders who post in a thread FOR patchholders... Why do they feel it necessary to post at all? If you're not a current hang around, prospect, patch or former patch... don't bother. This thread isn't for you.
It's amazing just how much someone that has never been associated with a MC seem to know everything about them.

Red and Black

Old 08-19-2007, 04:34 PM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

post deleted. sorry if I struck a nerve.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Alias
Road Master

Not to speak for Phil but I felt he meant for patch holders to explain the allure of the MC to them, not what non affiliated people think about MC's.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:49 PM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior

Makes sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but it is a subject that intrigues me as well.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Fat_06
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Phil

NON patchholders This thread isn't for you.
You're right...

Old 08-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior

It seems to intrigue most riders in some form or another. Wonder why

Thanks, Alias. That's exactly what I meant.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:07 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Alias
Road Master

ORIGINAL: fordpartsguy

Makes sense. Sory for the misunderstanding, but it is a subject that intrigues me as well.
I was first introduced to MC's back in the early '60's, The Avengers M/C out of Columbus, Ohio, their president and I lived just a few houses away from each other.

I do not know any Avengers at all now. I don't even know if they are around anymore. At lest I've never seen any in South Florida and I haven't seen any sense the mid '70's.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm, Phil, that sounds a wee bit egotistical to me. So, by your definition, if any of us are not a hang-around, prospect, patchholder, or formed patcholder, we're not entitled to an opinion? Personally, I find traditional M/Cs to be very fascinating, although I doubt if I would ever get involved with one. I've just been too much of a lone wolf most of my adult life. I do know, however, know notto make stupid and uninformed comments about M/Cs like some here have.
Egotistical? Dude ... he is asking patch holders or prospectives their opinion ... read the original post ... it's not an open invitation for opinions of those that are not.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Phil started a legitimate thread here about patch holders on the forum. If you are not a patch holder or you don't have something constructive to say about patch holders then leave this thread alone. This is a veryvolatile topic on HDF. I'm a retired LEO but was raised around several patch holders when I was young so I feel I know quite a bit about the life style. I don't ever pretend to be a patch holder even though I belong to a couple different clubs that involve wearing a patch.

Hmmm, Phil, that sounds a wee bit egotistical to me. So, by your definition, if any of us are not a hang-around, prospect, patchholder, or formed patcholder, we're not entitled to an opinion? Personally, I find traditional M/Cs to be very fascinating, although I doubt if I would ever get involved with one. I've just been too much of a lone wolf most of my adult life. I do know, however, know notto make stupid and uninformed comments about M/Cs like some here have.

Quick Reply: MC Patchholders