General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MC Patchholders

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MC Patchholders

I still see there's a lot of mis-information out there. ie, "Then get ready to be locked in a tiger cage,after having your *** kicked,whilst everyone throws feces at,and pizzes on you! "

Old 08-19-2007, 01:15 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior

Gangs is gangs,,,,patches is patches,,,,color's is color's,,,,turf is truf........many years ago nutten better than rolling into a bar 20 - 30 strong.........

Old 08-19-2007, 02:18 PM
07RoadGlide
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see brotherhoods as 3 different types, all starting with "B".

1. Blood-I have 3 brothers by blood, 2 of which I might talk to twice a year, the other I speak to quite often. Dispite how much we may or may not associate with each other, I'd still do anything within my means to help out

2. Bullets-I have MANY brothers, bound bymy badge, and service to my country. It's funny, like someone listed above about MCs running sorta military. I know, when I'm outside the wire, I'm willing to do what it takes to protect my brothers, if it means killing or giving my life. The medic in the HMMWV behind me, the gunner in the truck in front of me, or even the troop out on a walking patrol (who I don't even know). They're my brothers.

3. Bikes- I have 2 brothers who I ride with, who I'm willing to do anything for, and they for me. Not related by blood, or bullets, but still my brothers. We share our love for the road, each others families are like our own and treated as such. Do we wear a patch...not yet. Thing is, we're a package deal. It's all or none, and doesn't matter to us either way, because we're truly BROTHERS!

Old 08-19-2007, 02:22 PM
DYNAMITE 1
Tourer

True dat

Old 08-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Reeferhead

Then get ready to be locked in a tiger cage,after having your *** kicked,whilest everyone throws feces at,and pizzes on you!
That's just about the most uninformed and stupidest comment I've ever seen on this site...

Old 08-19-2007, 02:32 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to be a three piece patch holder hear in Louisiana for four years. I have to admit that I had fun but after a while it came to the point that it was not for me. I met some great people and made some great friends. Some I still have and some wont even speak after I turned in my colors. My number one priority in life is my family and when it ate into my family time I had to walk away. I had fun then and still have fun now I finally figured out it is all about the ride nothing else.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Urban Coyote
Cruiser

In my opinion, I see nothing wrong with being part of a MC club whereregularpeople can get together for a weekend ride, a charity event or anything where the members can have fun with being part of agroup of MC riders and owners, butdoesn't have to always feel 100% committed to the club or any of its members when they feel they can't or don't have to. If you can be there, fine, if you can't then it shouldn't be held against you. Are you getting a paycheck from the MC club? No, so what makes you feel obligated to do what you don't want to do?

I don't like the "brotherhoods" where they make you feel guilty if you aren't acting like a part of their "family". Those are groups where you have low life members that get you into being part of their criminal life or giving everything you have to them because you are "brothers".

You see the low-life types in the dive bars. I call them the "I Love You Drunks". They sit at the bar telling everyone they love them, "I Love you man! We arebrothersman! Brosbefore Hos man!"all the regulars are their "brother"or "sister"or their"mom"and those guys acting like their still back in 'Nam.
They act and speak like they would always be truthful, honest and a real family type person, but they are very irresponsible people who will drag you into their irresponsible life for the sake of the "brotherhood". "We're bikers, man! We're brothers, man!Nothing else matters, man!"

Yeah, whatever.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Alias
Road Master

It seems to me after reading these post, the ones who have the most negative opinion of three-piece patch holders are those that have never worn a patch.

I guess they form these opinions based on things they have been told by others, most of which I'm sure by their remarks were never patch holders either.

Patch holders, at least all the ones I have known over the years don't discuss any club business, membership requirements or anything else it pertains to their club with anyone outside a club.

So, it just stands to reason that anything anyone has told you whether they were a patch holder or not, is suspect.

But please, don't stop posting as I find it very humorous and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior

I agree. It is comical. What's even more comical is the number of NON patchholders who post in a thread FOR patchholders... Why do they feel it necessary to post at all? If you're not a current hang around, prospect, patch or former patch... don't bother. This thread isn't for you.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Urban Coyote

In my opinion, I see nothing wrong with being part of a MC club whereregularpeople can get together for a weekend ride, a charity event or anything where the members can have fun with being part of agroup of MC riders and owners, butdoesn't have to always feel 100% committed to the club or any of its members when they feel they can't or don't have to. If you can be there, fine, if you can't then it shouldn't be held against you.
Then it wouldn't qualify as a "TRADITIONAL" MC. It would be a "riding" club or "family" club. Please see the original post. Thanks.

Quick Reply: MC Patchholders