Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I am giving up riding

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 531 Posts
Default RE: I think I am giving up riding

ORIGINAL: forkliftfixr

I rode a couple of times after the accident mainly because I had no other method of transportation. I found myself damn near riding the brake lever as I was watching cars come to stop signs, lights and even comming out of a driveway. Honestly it scared the hell out of me while I was riding..................

Any ideas??
After a few near misses this summer so far I feel about the same as you forklifter...........I'm not sure the pleasure is there like it was before. I've decided to table group rides and stay off of the roads around this tourist town where I live until after Labor Day when things will go back to normal. To many selfish drivers around here and the crazy part is..............this town isn't even a mile square............ anywhere that youwant godoesn't take longer that ten minutes to get there.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:46 PM
bosnmate
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: pococj

Y'all gotta be the ones making the decisions. I've been down several times over the years, but never another vehicle involved. Plenty of close calls; some so close I could smell what they had for lunch. Way I look at it is if it's my time to go it ain't gonna matter whether I'm on the bike, in a car, or hoofin' it. I'dwager that if you'd take the bike the accident wouldn't have happened. Y'all wouldn't have been in that particular spot at that time. But like I writ, y'all have to be the ones to choose. And y'all only have to be satisfied with your choice; nobody else matters.

Good luck & Godspeed.
I couldn't agree more. More than likely you don't ride the bike at the same speeds or as agressively as you do the cage. Two, it takes longer to get the bike out and you and the wife geared up to ride, so being at the same spot at the same time would be highly unlikely. Hey, when it is your time to go it is your time, period. Have all the fun out of life you can get before that time gets here because you never know when it is going to arrive.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:21 AM
beau
Banned

Glad you are without injury. We live in a house on an S-Curve. One night while out riding our bikes, a car missed the curved and crashed through the wall into the TV room driving over top of the couch. Moral of the story is if we hadnt been out riding our bikes the TV could have killed us.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:28 AM
anacharis
Banned

As long as your just thinking about it ok.But,don't stop!