General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying Bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 07:47 PM
StL Mike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Bike

Has anyone heard of buying a bike from an individual represented by a finance company called MoneyBookers? When we asked about the bike, is was in South Carolina, now it's in Nashville. Enclosed is the message from the owner without the details.

the bike is in nashville (at MoneyBookers official location). It could take up to 20 days to set up an appointment to pick it up and I am not going to wait that long because I am paying some fees each passing day.
So let me explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can proceed:
In order to start the official transaction, I need your full name and shipping address.
As soon as I receive your info, I will forward it to MoneyBookers, they will start the transaction and notify you with all the instructions (payment, shipping, my account status etc) One of their agents will be assigned to handle the payment. You have to make the payment using the exact details they will provide you with and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the payment information, they will verify it and proceed with the delivery. You will have 10 days return policy, so you will have the chance to test and inspect the bike and decide either you keep it or not. If you decide to keep it, they have the power of attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not, they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days.

I am waiting your email.

Thanks.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Buying Bike

Why doesn't he take cash?Did he mention payment when you were discussing the purchase? from their site http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=aboutusMoneybookers delivers a product ideally suited for small businesses, online merchants, individuals and others currently underserved by traditional payment mechanisms. As a true global payment solution, we welcome customers from every nation of the earth!

Old 08-18-2007, 08:12 PM
brian falcone
Tourer

i wouldnt fall for it, i had a similar deal when looking for a puppy for my parents....high end dog.....never in the same location.....pay now.... get a refund later.....etc etc, pretty sure its a scam

Old 08-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Fat_06
Tourer

A fool and his money are soon parted...

Old 08-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I was following a bike on E-bay some time ago, the guy was "going overseas" to work, all he needed was 2500.00 and the rest of the money would go to a firm that would hold the remainder of money until i recieved and ok'd the bike, then, he would get the money, and i would get the bike. Well, about a week after i had emailed this guy a couple of times, i get a email from another guy with the same name as the seller. He says he's NEVER owned a bike, never planned on it, and some how someone got on his paypal account and this is a scam, so, beware, it could be just that. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is

Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 PM
narosar
Tourer

ORIGINAL: StL Mike

Has anyone heard of buying a bike from an individual represented by a finance company called MoneyBookers? When we asked about the bike, is was in South Carolina, now it's in Nashville. Enclosed is the message from the owner without the details.

the bike is in nashville (at MoneyBookers official location). It could take up to 20 days to set up an appointment to pick it up and I am not going to wait that long because I am paying some fees each passing day.
So let me explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can proceed:
In order to start the official transaction, I need your full name and shipping address.
As soon as I receive your info, I will forward it to MoneyBookers, they will start the transaction and notify you with all the instructions (payment, shipping, my account status etc) One of their agents will be assigned to handle the payment. You have to make the payment using the exact details they will provide you with and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the payment information, they will verify it and proceed with the delivery. You will have 10 days return policy, so you will have the chance to test and inspect the bike and decide either you keep it or not. If you decide to keep it, they have the power of attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not, they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days.

I am waiting your email.

Thanks.
sounds like a scam to me. don't do it

Old 08-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's a scam. Don't reply anymore to them.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:33 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

Scamma-lama-ding-dong...slam the door on these fools!

Old 08-19-2007, 05:59 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Run, don't walk away.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Here's one I recieved today, Message from john bonnie:
[blockquote]Hello, Complement of the season to you overthere? Am interested in
purchased
your item without no delay the transaction by answer my question below:
[1.] Do you accept a ( Cashier Check / Money Order ) as a mode of payment?

[ 2.What is the final asking prize you can go at last?

[3.] What is the condition of the items?

[4] Will you let our shipping company to come to you house for the pick up of the item cos we don't want you to worry yourself about the shipping of th! e item .

[5] You are to send your NAME,ADDRESS,TEL # to mail out the payment today.

[ 6. ] Will you be able to send the excess fund back to the shipping company via western union money transfer same day you recieve and cash the check for the arrangement of the home pick up from your house down to my client.shippment. i'll like this transaction to be
kept in utmost trust Thanks
[/blockquote]

Quick Reply: Buying Bike