General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Lane Appears in Court

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:00 AM
RoaDRage
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Billy Lane Appears in Court

05lux, youre a billy-butt-kisser too. morelock being drunk is irrelevant. what is your defect? if i go out now and get hammered drunk, i still expect to wake up tomorrow in my warm cozy bed. no matter what i do drunk, i don't expect a big black truck to speed into wherever area i am, ram into me, sever my leg, smash my head, and kill me. i just wouldn't expect that. you and every other "rider" here who, in any way, supports any part of lane's defense, are idiots.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 05lux

ORIGINAL: modeluxe

[sm=guilty.gif]Lane is garbage who has already revealed his character. He could have manned up to his crime and sent some of his lawyer money to the family. Turns out, he can do the crime but he can't do the time. Lane is a poser and his bikes were nothing special. [sm=guilty.gif]

I stated in a few posts that I'm not trying to blame the deceased. But the fact is Morlock got Drunk, got on his bike, drove drunk and inmy opinion played a part in his own death.
My wife was hit by an 81 year old man a few years back. She was getting into her car, and he sideswiped her, dragging her between the two cars (his and ours) and violently throwing her to the pavement. Two years of physical therapy and a boatload of hearings later, we finally settled with the insurance company.Her settlement was barely enough to cover the gas money for the trips to the hospital and all that goes with it.

Here is the kicker. It was determined by the lawyers and the insurance companies that had my wife not been there that day, none of this would have happened. They assigned her a certain percentage of the "blame" for her part in the accident. All she was doing was getting into her legally parked car when this old man came by and almost killed her.

I just cannot get my thoughts around that one.Sorry.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:10 AM
RoaDRage
Banned

well, to me that's pretty close to the same type of reasoning that the billy booster club here is giving us. that because the victim was under the influence, it was partially his fault. to all you in that club who say this, f you. and i'm sorry to hear about your wife there.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:15 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: modeluxe

[sm=guilty.gif]Lane is garbage who has already revealed his character. He could have manned up to his crime and sent some of his lawyer money to the family. Turns out, he can do the crime but he can't do the time. Lane is a poser and his bikes were nothing special. [sm=guilty.gif]

I stated in a few posts that I'm not trying to blame the deceased. But the fact is Morlock got Drunk, got on his bike, drove drunk and inmy opinion played a part in his own death.
As far as being a bleeding hart goes, I never said or implied Lane should get off Scott free like OJ or Blake. I agree Lane should be punished for his part in the accident. But to me in this case murder charges would seem be a little extreme considering Morlock was braking the law at the time by also driving drunk.

P.S. A true bleeding-hart would want to give money to the family of a person who was killed while driving drunk. ( and if you readthe stories you would know Lane did payout.
Lane did not payout because it was the right thing. It was part of a settlement. Even if he did want to pay out before the settlement, doing so would be an admission of guilt worse than settling in court. Even if he does feel remorse, he can't show it until the criminal trial as he would be incriminating himself.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:23 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

Guys, let's all back away and take a look at this without any emotion. Emotion clouds judgment. Try to separate your decision from your emotion.

Take a look at all of the facts. Any person with reason can see that Lane acted recklessly and as a result of his actions an innocent person's life has ended. Not punishing Lane harshly will demonstrate to other potential offenders that you can do what he did and not suffer severely. Believe it or not, a lot of people don't commit crimes because they fear the repercussions.

As a result not punishing Lane harshly will make our streets less safe and will put more innocent lives at risk.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:26 AM
RoaDRage
Banned

All true Dynamike, but there are many criminals from murderers to petty thieves who, knowing that they were caught and guilty, simply raised their hands, pled guilty, and did their time. you see, this wouldn't be such an issue if it weren't for Lane himself. Turns out hewas a poser, tryin to look like a wild tattood heavy-drinkin bike builder who is down for the biker with his little bumper sticker that said "kill a biker go to jail". Plus, this was no ordinary crime and certainly not an accident (as some dedicated Billy fans insist it is). If the image that Lane projected was real, he would have manned up. Look at him now. What he did really sucks, plus I hate posers with a passion. And as for your last statement, right on.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: ApeKing

First of all IMO a child molester can NOT be rehabilitated a drunk can! Secondly to all those that say "Never forgive or support Billy Lane" I sure as hell hope you never do anyhting stupid! Enjoy your self righteousness!
This is not self-righteousness, it is about being held responsible for your actions. The question was, would you support billy after he "does his time" so to speak. The answer is no. Like I said before, this was not a first for him - he was still on a suspended license from the previous DUI. Too ba Mr. Morelock can't be rehabiliated huh bud! Stop thinking about the Offender and think about the victim for a minute. I can tell you this, if it was a family member of mine who this happened to, the offender wouldn't have to worry about jail time!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 AM
05lux
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: RoaDRage

05lux, youre a billy-butt-kisser too. morelock being drunk is irrelevant. what is your defect? if i go out now and get hammered drunk, i still expect to wake up tomorrow in my warm cozy bed. no matter what i do drunk, i don't expect a big black truck to speed into wherever area i am, ram into me, sever my leg, smash my head, and kill me. i just wouldn't expect that. you and every other "rider" here who, in any way, supports any part of lane's defense, are idiots.

If you can't see a problem with getting **** drunk then jumping on your bike and swerving off down the road on a joy ride then I'm not the one with a defect.
This topic seems to be a little too close to home for some so apologize if I have offended any of you. I never ment for my posts to get personal like this. I was Just looking for a little harmless debate and to voice my opinion. Lane is an A-hole for his part in all this and I'm no Billy supporter in any way. or a supporter of any drunk driver for that matter. I came here to talk about Harleys and maby get a little advice not to start $hit so I think I'll just go back to that....

Old 08-24-2007, 11:58 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

If you can't see a problem with getting **** drunk then jumping on your bike and swerving off down the road on a joy ride then I'm not the one with a defect.
This topic seems to be a little too close to home for some so apologize if I have offended any of you. I never ment for my posts to get personal like this. I was Just looking for a little harmless debate and to voice my opinion. Lane is an A-hole for his part in all this and I'm no Billy supporter in any way. or a supporter of any drunk driver for that matter. I came here to talk about Harleys and maby get a little advice not to start $hit so I think I'll just go back to that....
I definately see a problem with operating a motor vehicle whil impaired. I just don't think Morelock's BAC should be an issue here.

I'm not taking anything personal and was never offended by your statements. I appreciate a good debate. Some folks don't. Don't be turned off by those that don't.

Mike

Old 08-24-2007, 12:22 PM
uesque
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ken01976

But noone can ever pay back Mr Morelock for what hes lost. Regardless, it was not intentional. A child molester intentionally hurts his victims. There is a difference.
Unless all that alcohol got into his system without his knowledge, and someone used mind control to force him to drive after drinking too much, it certainly was intentional. He chose to drink, he chose to drive while impaired.

Quick Reply: Billy Lane Appears in Court