General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yep, they're all out to get me...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:18 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yep, they're all out to get me...

I know we've all be told to ride as if we're invisible and everybody's out to get us, but sometimes it seems so true it's ridiculous!

I went to meet the hubby for lunch today, and had a pickup come over right on top of me in a turning lane at a stop light. I was behind another bike and had almost come to a complete stop, but saw him in enough time to stop sooner to keep from getting run over.

Then I went for a ride after lunch because I hadn't taken my bike out in almost two weeks and needed to get it out on the road for a while. Shoot, who am I kidding? I just wanted to RIDE! Was riding along a two lane road, and a car decided the person in front of him wasn't going fast enough, so decided to pass. If I hadn't slowed down and swerved over into the right portion of the lane, I'd have gotten hit head-on. AAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!

And that doesn't even count the close calls my hubby told me he had today.

Other than that, I genuinely enjoyed my ride today. I needed it, and felt much better afterward...although it was hot as heck!

Sorry, just had to vent!

Old 08-15-2007, 06:22 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Yep, they're all out to get me...

They get worse as the week goes on as all the cagers are frustrated by work. Glad to hear you avoided them both.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:27 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp

Thanks Anubiss! People just get in such a hurry and don't even think about the consequences sometimes.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:27 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior

Good heads up,,,,,Comming close always makesme feel more alive.....

Old 08-15-2007, 07:09 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp

Is that what that feeling is?? I was too ticked off at first to feel scared, but when I thought about it later it was pretty scary!

Old 08-15-2007, 07:11 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

If every cage driver were to ride a motorcycle once they might look at the road differently. Oh well. Sorry, my phone was ringing and I got a new txt from my friend.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:15 PM
narosar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya did good.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 08-15-2007, 07:22 PM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp

Anubiss, I know I look out for motorcycles lots more now than I did before I started riding. Always try to give them plenty of room. But then I get ticked off at the ones who take unnecessary risks (cutting cages off, etc.).

Thank you Dave! I learn something new every time I go out. And that's a GOOD thing!

Old 08-15-2007, 07:25 PM
MarAgt
Banned Camp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to pay attention. I had a nearly identical thing happen last week riding up to the gate on Ft. Leonar Wood. I am in my lane, heading toward the gate sentry, when Soccer Mom, in a minivan, decided the lane I was in is where she wanted to be. I don't think she saw me even after I gave her the stink eye and blasted my pipes at her,

Keep up the good work and ride safe.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:34 PM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Funny you posted this. I just sent this email to my wife and oldest daughter from work.

I when out for lunch today. I approached this intersection where the side street I was on crosses a large 4 lane street. The opposing traffic has to yield to coming traffic when taking a left. I've gone through this intersection millions of times. As I approach the intersection wanting to go straight through it, the light turns green. But I continue to slow down, 'cause I see a line of cars wanting to take a left across my lane and I know it's hard to see a bike. So one car slips through and takes a left in front of me. I say, I figured one would easily get through. Then a 2nd car slips behind him. Again I say, ok I understand, I'm on a bike and there's no way I'm going to mess with a cage. Then fu<k if a 3rd car doesn't slip through. This caused me to come to a complete stop in the middle of the intersection to avoid hitting the guy when I have the right away. Then go figure, a 4th little piece of rusted red sh*t pickup also goes through. By this time I'm screaming through my face shield, WTF is up people, am I invisible, you fu<kers. The gal sitting in the passenger seat with the window down in the red pickup mouths to me, I'm sorry. OK, fine, you're sorry, now, can I get through the intersection and have some lunch with out getting killed, please. Jeez!

Quick Reply: Yep, they're all out to get me...