General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a "Shriner" edition bike?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 04:45 PM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone have a "Shriner" edition bike?

YUP, traveled al the way to Melha in Springfield Mass.
My Dad had an '04 Shrine Ultra and traded for a regular '06 Ultra, the dealer decided to keep the discount for himself so he bought his new bike from another dealer.

DC.
ORIGINAL: torquet

Hey traveling man. Anyone else here a traveling man?

Old 11-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 05 EG is a Peace Officer special, I got the discount. You have to sign a paper saying that you will keep it for at least a year. You are only allowed one a year and they send a copy of your ID to Harley for verification, or at least my dealer did. This is one reason I went with the EG due to the big discount I got. At my dealership there is one particular salesman that deals with Fire, Police, and Shriner bikes.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:22 AM
sxs hillbilly
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: torquet

Hey traveling man. Anyone else here a traveling man?
I am. 3rd degree, Past Master. I'm glad to meet some more brothers.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:13 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess I never realized that you got a discount for the Shriner and Police edition bikes...I never looked into them, and assumed they were more...

Mac

Old 12-22-2005, 05:08 PM
KWigley
Advanced

My brotherinlaw has one. I think it is a 74. He is thinking about selling it. if interested pm me and I will put yu in contact.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:28 PM
KY HDRider
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

My 04 Ultra is a Shriners Edition. It was Pearl White when I bought it, but it had been down and was scuffed badly. I bought a complete new take-off paint set (removed from an 05 Ultra) off E-Bay cheaper than I could have had my set repaired and repainted. So now my Shriners bike is Vivid Black /Lava Red. Some might object to the color change, but personally I like the new color better than the original. Besides, I bought the bike to ride, not to sell.

Jerry

Old 12-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Ezglide
Advanced

Don't suppose you could educate me as to what exactly is a shriner's bike? Thanks.
ORIGINAL: traveler

Hi,

Does anyone have a Shriner bike? I'm a Shriner, and as such, can get a Ultra for about 3K off the standard price! I would really like to get one, but unless I sold Susie (my 'Glide) I can't see it happening.[&o]

The only thing an Ultra needs is a Gear driven cam and Hydralic Primary tensioner to be maintenance free (well.....almost...[&:])

joe

Old 12-24-2005, 04:24 AM
Sounder
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Ezglide

Don't suppose you could educate me as to what exactly is a shriner's bike? Thanks.
ORIGINAL: traveler

Hi,

Does anyone have a Shriner bike? I'm a Shriner, and as such, can get a Ultra for about 3K off the standard price! I would really like to get one, but unless I sold Susie (my 'Glide) I can't see it happening.[&o]

The only thing an Ultra needs is a Gear driven cam and Hydralic Primary tensioner to be maintenance free (well.....almost...[&:])

joe
I'm curious about this as well. I don't mean to be ignorant, but these boards are the first place I've seen the word.

Old 12-24-2005, 08:29 AM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A " Shriner/Police/Firefighter edition is a regular model Electra/Ultra/RoadKing and I think Herritage or Fatboy that has a "special" VIN, limited colors and is discounted by Harley to members of these organizations. Basicly a volume discount and show of support. A lot of Dealers choose not to pass the discount along if they aren't selling their allotment as the speciel edition bikes don't count, so if they have to sell say 100 bikes in a year and sell 1 Shriner's edition then now they will have to move 101. It was great when the dealers couldn't get enough bikes to sell. Now with the market catching up with the supply some dealers may be reluctent to get the extra inventory.

DC

Old 12-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Ezglide
Advanced

Thanks for your explanation of the discount and vin nimbers, is there an on line list of the vin#s? then the last question remains as to what a shriner is.....?
ORIGINAL: dc1450

A " Shriner/Police/Firefighter edition is a regular model Electra/Ultra/RoadKing and I think Herritage or Fatboy that has a "special" VIN, limited colors and is discounted by Harley to members of these organizations. Basicly a volume discount and show of support. A lot of Dealers choose not to pass the discount along if they aren't selling their allotment as the speciel edition bikes don't count, so if they have to sell say 100 bikes in a year and sell 1 Shriner's edition then now they will have to move 101. It was great when the dealers couldn't get enough bikes to sell. Now with the market catching up with the supply some dealers may be reluctent to get the extra inventory.

DC

Quick Reply: Anyone have a "Shriner" edition bike?