General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You're welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:37 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You're welcome!

This is just a note to a few people on here who recently have responded to a couple of my posts by thanking me for serving my country in the United States Marines. I was always taught to say "You're welcome" to someone who said "Thank you". I feel like I neglected to properly respond to those who thanked me. I am posting this as a encompassing "You're welcome" to those who were nice enough to say "Thank you" to me recently and to anyone who would say the same in the future. I was genuinely glad to serve. I volunteered during the draft even though my number was much too high to place me in the line of the draft and I enjoyed every minute of my "peacetime" service. I traveled and saw things that a little old country boy could only read about in novels and magazines. I enjoyed the company of buddies that no friendship before or since has ever come close to comparing to. I worked on jets and saw an airshow every day for over five years consisting of every aircraft that flew in the 70's. I met my wife in a faraway place called Virginia Beach. We rode our Harleys and got drunk and crashed and had a good ole time. We werehitched by an invalid named Bernie who couldn't walk. My wife busted out laughing when she looked up and I still had on my aviator's glasses that I rode with day and night. When he came to the part about the ring he asked if we had one and we said "No" and he said "Well, we'll just skip that part". I've still got the jeans that I wore everyday with the patches on them even though I have no hope of ever wearing them again. I was wearing an American flag shirt that I had bought in the Phillipines on Magsaysay Boulevard. My son wore it to school on "70's Hippie Day".
I guess I am saying that the pleasure was all mine and I would do it all over again the same way.
God Bless America.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:52 PM
japel
Tourer
Default RE: You're welcome!

Sounds like you got some great stories. It's guys like you and your selflessness that make this country great. I wasn't one of the guys who said it earlier, but I will say it now. Thank you for my freedom and your sacrific.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:02 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just in case......... thanks again!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Can you get me some MarPat BDU's?

Old 08-14-2007, 10:20 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First, thanks for your service to our country!

Secondly.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6c3emqC6aw OH YEAH!

Old 08-15-2007, 02:20 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tbone52

This is just a note to a few people on here who recently have responded to a couple of my posts by thanking me for serving my country in the United States Marines. I was always taught to say "You're welcome" to someone who said "Thank you". I feel like I neglected to properly respond to those who thanked me. I am posting this as a encompassing "You're welcome" to those who were nice enough to say "Thank you" to me recently and to anyone who would say the same in the future. I was genuinely glad to serve. I volunteered during the draft even though my number was much too high to place me in the line of the draft and I enjoyed every minute of my "peacetime" service. I traveled and saw things that a little old country boy could only read about in novels and magazines. I enjoyed the company of buddies that no friendship before or since has ever come close to comparing to. I worked on jets and saw an airshow every day for over five years consisting of every aircraft that flew in the 70's. I met my wife in a faraway place called Virginia Beach. We rode our Harleys and got drunk and crashed and had a good ole time. We werehitched by an invalid named Bernie who couldn't walk. My wife busted out laughing when she looked up and I still had on my aviator's glasses that I rode with day and night. When he came to the part about the ring he asked if we had one and we said "No" and he said "Well, we'll just skip that part". I've still got the jeans that I wore everyday with the patches on them even though I have no hope of ever wearing them again. I was wearing an American flag shirt that I had bought in the Phillipines on Magsaysay Boulevard. My son wore it to school on "70's Hippie Day".
I guess I am saying that the pleasure was all mine and I would do it all over again the same way.
God Bless America.
Well, this is the first Ive heard of this so , Thank You,Marine.
And Ive been to Magsaysay blvd. But I didnt buy a shirt

Old 08-15-2007, 02:18 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Kolni

Can you get me some MarPat BDU's?
Nope. All we wore wore was O.D. green right up until just before I got out and then we got some M81 woodland camouflage pattern BDU's. Mostly I wore O.D. green coveralls and steel toe safety shoes issued to squadron crews working on jets. I wore blue jean cutoffs and a white t-shirt under the coveralls all summer.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:22 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: celtlion

First, thanks for your service to our country!

Secondly.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6c3emqC6aw OH YEAH!
I bunked with a guy when I first arrived in Cherry Point MCAS that played that album over and over again 24/7. I liked the Low Rider song and the Cisco Kid as well as Why Can't We Be Friends. I never knew that one day I would owna "Low Rider".
Thanks for the song. I enjoyed it.