General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:47 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

ORIGINAL: kiltiemon

"Real woman ride Wideglides!"

an over-simplification, Ms. "H"!!!

Real Women ride Real Men who ride Wide Glides!!!

Jim aka kiltiemon aka Jim FXDWG!!!(who prefers a good martini over a beer and has been known to wave a "Segway" rider... HEY!!! It's got two wheels, Ain't it???)

Okay how about real woman ride Wideglides and their men who ride Wideglides? Does that work?

Old 08-14-2007, 07:50 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hackd, nice truck dude!

Old 08-14-2007, 07:53 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy ****, could someone’s words be twisted in more damn directions than silly putty?!? No where in here did TM say that he wouldn't mod a personal attack from someone against someone else based on the brand of bike they ride. All he said is, if you ride something other than a Harley (let’s make it a Honda for ***** and grins) and someone says, “Hondas suck”, don’t get all hurt that someone said Honda sucks and go running to him about it.

It’s as simple as that, if you ride a Honda, and someone says, “Honda’s suck”, suck it up and drive on (grow a thicker skin), but don’t expect anyone to come in and edit a post that disparages whatever bike your ride because you got your feelings hurt on, of all places, a Harley site.

No one said Honduh riders weren’t welcome, no one said that if you ride a Sosucki or a Kawasucki or even a Yamahahaha that you weren’t welcome, but keep in mind, this is first and foremost a Harley site, so don’t get your panties in a wad if someone makes fun of it. Hell, I have a Ducati and others have made fun of Ducati’s before…hear me whining about it?!?

TM never said he wouldn’t mod a personal attack, but that’s entirely different than someone makin fun of the brand of scoot that you ride.

I’ll tell you what I’m disappointed in; members attacking a mod for stating the obvious. Folks show up here to talk Harley’s. You’ll pardon me for not wanting to talk about Honduh’s…if I’d wanted to talk about them I would have gone to a VTX forum.

Sorry if some folks don’t get it, I reckon some want to read more into the post than what was intended. Let’s break it down; if you come on here and someone make fun of your Goldwing, sorry, but it’s a Harley site…if they make fun of YOU because you ride a Goldwing…different story. Personal attacks are not acceptable, attacks on another brand of bike…jeez louise, don’t send a PM to a mod saying, “He made fun of my bike.”

More damn drama than a daytime soap opera…my name is zombie and I support this message. Paid for by members who ride Harleys.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:54 AM
eglidebob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, the GW riders have a couple of annual "bashes" thet call WingDing and honda Hoot. I am not witty enough to make that up.....Makes me so glad I ride a Harley......

Old 08-14-2007, 07:54 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HeatherC
ORIGINAL: kiltiemon
"Real woman ride Wideglides!"
an over-simplification, Ms. "H"!!!
Real Women ride Real Men who ride Wide Glides!!!
Jim aka kiltiemon aka Jim FXDWG!!!(who prefers a good martini over a beer and has been known to wave a "Segway" rider... HEY!!! It's got two wheels, Ain't it???)
Okay how about real woman ride Wideglides and their men who ride Wideglides? Does that work?
[sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 08-14-2007, 08:04 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most people who put down other peoples stuff are insecure, so we need to ignore them

And as TM said most are just kidding anyway

In the real world if we meet other riders/bikers who ride other brands we don't put their rides down do we? We treat them as fellow riders/bikers with respect as we want to be treated right?

Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't care what you ride, enjoy it, but don't jump into a Harley forum and expect it to change attitude just for you. You are going toget some sh#t. Be a man and don't whine about it. PC is not a mainstay here, in case you didn't notice.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

ORIGINAL: DocHarley...Hackd, nice truck dude!..
Yeah, hijack time...This thread is starting to suck anyway.

Starting to look better:

Got some new sheet metal:

Yeah...I know all you Early Bronco an 'Yotaowners are gonna flame me because I own a Jeep...

This crap happens on all the forums......I'm ready....

Okay that's enough bandwidth wasting......

Old 08-14-2007, 08:39 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was going to type out a big response but I think Zombie just about covered it. So I will just say that I agree with TM and Zombie 100% and then some! [sm=signs007.gif]

Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 AM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see.. it's a Harley forum, lot's of good advice and info about HARLEYS, someone wants to know about buying a Harley, lots of good advice about buying said HARLEY, someone owns a Harley and buys something else, from what I've seen everyone wishs them good luck, someone comes on to trash Harleys or egg people on they get trashed, they deserve it. WTF is so hard to understand.

Quick Reply: NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!