General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

ORIGINAL: TM

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

My own opinion...Sorry Mr. Moderator...taking a ribbing is one thing but if the person is attacked due to the bike they ride and they have not undually attacked anyone else I think they deserve the same treatment as any other member on this site. I don't say much about what goes on here and I have been here for quite a while but I think even this thead is inappropriate for someone that is supposed to be representative of the leadership of the site.

<snip> you might come across some actual bikers here on this site.
Funny I thought real bikers lived to ride....didn't know all real bikers only rode Harleys...I know a few who might not think so.
Bluerose, could I bother you to please point out exactly what is inappropriate.
You have stated: "Simple, if you happen to own another brand of Motorcycle other than Harley Davidson do not expect me to moderate anyone here that might have something unflattering to say about said brand."

So if I happen to be on the forum and ride say a Yamaha , I'm trying to figure out what bike to buy and someone flat out attacks me because of what I ride or my bike even though I have not done anything wrong . I have no where to turn except to leave the site or "grow thicker skin". Sorry but I think that attitude sucks and it could also turn away new members.

Your statements could also be seen as a opening for those who have been, for lack of a better word, “PC” to begin flaming members thinking that you have give your permission to do so.

Congrats. You exemplify the wikipedia definition“someone granted special powers to enforce the rules (or, as the case may be, their personal whim; the title refers to the powers more than the intent) “

This isn't the first time you've done something like this. I used to think you were a nice and fairly smart and well spoken person. Let's just say I have been surprised and disappointed.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: kiltiemon

"Real woman ride Wideglides!"
Real women know where the kitchen is.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:46 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"cut the sleeves off thier t-shirts"

NO WAY!!!!! They CUT the sleeves off????? Man what a bunch of posers!!!!!......REAL sleeveless t's come from too many miles in the saddle and the thread wearing out holding the sleeves on......

They cut the sleeves off.........Oh man now thats funny.... do they also dribble bleach on them to make them look really old after the sleeve surgery????

Old 08-14-2007, 12:08 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: TM
"Simple, if you happen to own another brand of Motorcycle other than Harley Davidson do not expect me to moderate anyone here that might have something unflattering to say about said brand."
Just thinking "outloud" here.........

What about those folks that own Harley-Davidsons and come here and bash Harley-Davidsons, does ownership of BRAND make the difference in what you will, or will not moderate?

Just so you know it, Harley "dash" Davidson is celebrating it's 105th year building a motorcycle, and in that time thier have always been those that didn't like a Harley-Davidson, and even had something negitive to say about a Harley-Davidson, but for some strange reason.......Harley's are still here.

I always get a good laugh at the ones that get so "beter than thou" over riders of "lesser bikes".

Newsflash....... other manufacturers make some pretty nice bikes...I just don't "prefer" to own one of them.
But I also won't stick my nose up in the air and think that becauseI own a Harley-Davidson thatI am superior to them.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:18 AM
Tinker Bell
Banned

[quote]You have stated: "Simple, if you happen to own another brand of Motorcycle other than Harley Davidson do not expect me to moderate anyone here that might have something unflattering to say about said brand."

So if I happen to be on the forum and ride say a Yamaha , I'm trying to figure out what bike to buy and someone flat out attacks me because of what I ride or my bike even though I have not done anything wrong .IF that were to happen I would be the first to take care of it.I highly doubt that any member would attack another member based on thesole fact thatthey own something other than a Harley. As a matter of fact I think you would find just the opposite and that the membership would go out of their way to help bring them into the Harley family. (as Corney as that sounds)

Your above scenariois just a little different than Honda Joe getting his feelings hurt because someone called his VESPA a moped and crying like a baby over it. Or the guy coming on here bragging about his Honda 50, trashingSporty owners and then crying because they slammed him.A very different situation. I'm not talking about having common respect and decorum for one another I would expect that to be common sense.

But when a person comes here expecting to never find a disparaging word written about another brand of motorcycle they are being unrealistic. When they expect us as moderators to change the attitude of our membership to conform to what they feel is correctis unrealistic.

Is it realistic for you or anyone else to expect our members to not defend the purpose of this site? When someone comes here and has something bad to say about a Harley and then get their panties in a wad because they get flamed for it and then expect me to defend them are they being realistic? Are you expecting me todefend a member that does not own a Harley that has some bad things to say about Harleys and Harley ownersover a member that does? You know I actually own a Harley and am kinda loyal to the brand myself.

For you to expect me to make these guys/gals become PC for the sake of not offending you as one person your being unrealistic.I have no where to turn except to leave the site or "grow thicker skin". Sorry but I think that attitude sucks and it could also turn away new members. Again Bluerose do you actually think that any of us members or Moderators would allow someone to be treated in that manner?

Your statements could also be seen as a opening for those who have been, for lack of a better word, “PC” to begin flaming members thinking that you have give your permission to do so. I think most of our members have more common sense than that. Give them a little credit.

Congrats. You exemplify the wikipedia definition“someone granted special powers to enforce the rules (or, as the case may be, their personal whim; the title refers to the powers more than the intent) “ I would have thought you would be one of the last persons on this forum to make this personal.

This isn't the first time you've done something like this. I used to think you were a nice and fairly smart and well spoken person. Let's just say I have been surprised and disappointed. [color=#cc0000]I didn't start this thread directed at you or anyone in particularbut somehow you have taken offense to it in a major way sorta like the whole Califorina deal. I don't care what a person rides and everyone is welcomed here but the fact remains that this is a HarleyForum and as long as the name is HDForums I'm as

Old 08-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Kolni
Banned

I wish Harley made a Moped..............

Old 08-14-2007, 01:34 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: anubisss

Whatever happened to being PC?
PC, that would be aPiece of Crap, which comes out of the mouths of most PC people. I guess that statement wasn't very PC.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:45 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: HDWG

Those trolls are part of sites thats whole premise to goto other sites and start crap and just sit there and watch it...see how long it takes them to be banned.......it is sad.....absoultly no life...sitting there on there site laughing it up [8D]
Did you ever think maybe these trolls are coming to this site as kind of a retaliation for members of THIS site going to other brand specific sites and being trolls?

Old 08-14-2007, 01:57 AM
Bluerose

[quote]ORIGINAL: TM

[quote]You have stated: "Simple, if you happen to own another brand of Motorcycle other than Harley Davidson do not expect me to moderate anyone here that might have something unflattering to say about said brand."

So if I happen to be on the forum and ride say a Yamaha , I'm trying to figure out what bike to buy and someone flat out attacks me because of what I ride or my bike even though I have not done anything wrong . Show me one instance where that has ever happened on this site. When have you ever seen something like that happen and it not be handled by any moderator?IF that were to happen I would be the first to take care of it.I highly doubt that any member would attack another member based on thesole fact thatthey own something other than a Harley. As a matter of fact I think you would find just the opposite and that the membership would go out of their way to help bring them into the Harley family. (as Corney as that sounds)

Your above scenariois just a little different than Honda Joe getting his feelings hurt because someone called his VESPA a moped and crying like a baby over it. Or the guy coming on here bragging about his Honda 50, trashingSporty owners and then crying because they slammed him.A very different situation. I'm not talking about having common respect and decorum for one another I would expect that to be common sense.

But when a person comes here expecting to never find a disparaging word written about another brand of motorcycle they are being unrealistic. When they expect us as moderators to change the attitude of our membership to conform to what they feel is correctis unrealistic.

Is it realistic for you or anyone else to expect our members to not defend the purpose of this site? When someone comes here and has something bad to say about a Harley and then get their panties in a wad because they get flamed for it and then expect me to defend them are they being realistic? Are you expecting me todefend a member that does not own a Harley that has some bad things to say about Harleys and Harley ownersover a member that does? You know I actually own a Harley and am kinda loyal to the brand myself.

For you to expect me to make these guys/gals become PC for the sake of not offending you as one person your being unrealistic.I have no where to turn except to leave the site or "grow thicker skin". Sorry but I think that attitude sucks and it could also turn away new members. Again Bluerose do you actually think that any of us members or Moderators would allow someone to be treated in that manner?

Your statements could also be seen as a opening for those who have been, for lack of a better word, “PC” to begin flaming members thinking that you have give your permission to do so. I think most of our members have more common sense than that. Give them a little credit.

Congrats. You exemplify the wikipedia definition“someone granted special powers to enforce the rules (or, as the case may be, their personal whim; the title refers to the powers more than the intent) “

This isn't the first time you've done something like this. I used to think you were a nice and fairly smart and well spoken person. Let's just say I have been surprised and disappointed. [color=#cc0000]You know Bev awhile back that might bother me, not anymore. I didn't start this thread directed at you or anyone in particularbut somehow you have taken offense to it in a major way sorta like the whole Califorina deal. I don't care what a

Old 08-14-2007, 02:13 AM
Kolni
Banned

I think we all know the difference between someone owning a Honda and coming here for advice compared to someone that just comes here to troll and knock Harleys.

At least to ME it is obvious.

And am I gonna get a sammich or not?

Quick Reply: NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!