General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 01:11 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts
Default RE: NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

ORIGINAL: zombie

Holy ****, could someone’s words be twisted in more damn directions than silly putty?!? No where in here did TM say that he wouldn't mod a personal attack from someone against someone else based on the brand of bike they ride. All he said is, if you ride something other than a Harley (let’s make it a Honda for ***** and grins) and someone says, “Hondas suck”, don’t get all hurt that someone said Honda sucks and go running to him about it.

It’s as simple as that, if you ride a Honda, and someone says, “Honda’s suck”, suck it up and drive on (grow a thicker skin), but don’t expect anyone to come in and edit a post that disparages whatever bike your ride because you got your feelings hurt on, of all places, a Harley site.

No one said Honduh riders weren’t welcome, no one said that if you ride a Sosucki or a Kawasucki or even a Yamahahaha that you weren’t welcome, but keep in mind, this is first and foremost a Harley site, so don’t get your panties in a wad if someone makes fun of it. Hell, I have a Ducati and others have made fun of Ducati’s before…hear me whining about it?!?

TM never said he wouldn’t mod a personal attack, but that’s entirely different than someone makin fun of the brand of scoot that you ride.

I’ll tell you what I’m disappointed in; members attacking a mod for stating the obvious. Folks show up here to talk Harley’s. You’ll pardon me for not wanting to talk about Honduh’s…if I’d wanted to talk about them I would have gone to a VTX forum.

Sorry if some folks don’t get it, I reckon some want to read more into the post than what was intended. Let’s break it down; if you come on here and someone make fun of your Goldwing, sorry, but it’s a Harley site…if they make fun of YOU because you ride a Goldwing…different story. Personal attacks are not acceptable, attacks on another brand of bike…jeez louise, don’t send a PM to a mod saying, “He made fun of my bike.”

More damn drama than a daytime soap opera…my name is zombie and I support this message. Paid for by members who ride Harleys.
This is very well stated. I agree totally.
The only thing I would like to add is to TM:
Well placed lob with the "grow thicker skin" comment.
If I could hit my pitching wedge that accuratly I would be on the PGA tour.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: 3power

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

Instead of titling this post NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!, maybe it would have been better to title it "To those who don't own/ride HDs"?

I've seen the gung-ho answers by the site regulars, but I'm betting the audience that this was allegedly aimed at won't even read this . .
C'mon 3power...we're dissecting minutia now. Would it have really mattered if we'd named it "superfralakajalisticexbealadocious"?

haha . . I'm just calling it like I see it - BS!

For the record, I once again don't disagree with the post, but I think it was delivered wrong if the true intention was to get the message to the non-HD crowd. And I can't help it, I am the #1 Devil's Advocate. But like other's have said, ***** it!
Again
In other words,if you own another brand of bike,,,good for you.But,,,,,,don't come crying to HDF staff when the members get on your case about it.We've actually had folks pm Mods complaing that so & so bashed my bike.Well duh,,,this is a Harley site.As far as bike bashing goes,,,,,,go to other bike sites & see how Harleys are bashed & the Mods there are in the middle of the bashing.You'll see HDF is much quicker at stopping such bashing
ummm . . I don't own anything but a Harley. What point are you trying to make? Spell it out in black and white for me, since I must be a bit slow today. Oh, and I've never PM'd or otherwise spoken to an admin ever - no need, these rednecks on this forum are too easy to play with!
Plain & simple.The post was a general one,with no particular member in mind.If your going to be a member here with another brand of bike,,,,fine.BUT don't come crying to Mods when the general membership comes down on you.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

Instead of titling this post NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!, maybe it would have been better to title it "To those who don't own/ride HDs"?

I've seen the gung-ho answers by the site regulars, but I'm betting the audience that this was allegedly aimed at won't even read this . .
C'mon 3power...we're dissecting minutia now. Would it have really mattered if we'd named it "superfralakajalisticexbealadocious"?

haha . . I'm just calling it like I see it - BS!

For the record, I once again don't disagree with the post, but I think it was delivered wrong if the true intention was to get the message to the non-HD crowd. And I can't help it, I am the #1 Devil's Advocate. But like other's have said, ***** it!
Again
In other words,if you own another brand of bike,,,good for you.But,,,,,,don't come crying to HDF staff when the members get on your case about it.We've actually had folks pm Mods complaing that so & so bashed my bike.Well duh,,,this is a Harley site.As far as bike bashing goes,,,,,,go to other bike sites & see how Harleys are bashed & the Mods there are in the middle of the bashing.You'll see HDF is much quicker at stopping such bashing
ummm . . I don't own anything but a Harley. What point are you trying to make? Spell it out in black and white for me, since I must be a bit slow today. Oh, and I've never PM'd or otherwise spoken to an admin ever - no need, these rednecks on this forum are too easy to play with!
This thread is like a tough piece of meat--the more you chew, the bigger it gets!
3Power--Hope you have your lid buckled. I suspect you are gonna get some big time responses to the 'redneck' part. Good luck!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 PM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol . . I threw that "redneck" comment in there to see if anyone bites . .muhahahaa. Since they all talk a big game about not being PC, we'll see if they start cryin'

Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

The way I look at it the general content of this site is pretty obvious, especially when you consider it's name of "hdforums.com".

It's not the "WeAreTheWorldAllBikeForum.com" website.

This is a Harley forum, plain and simple.

Just some general observations from the 2+ years I've been a member, but I've never seen owners of other bikes ask reasonable and rational question about Harley's, and then get run out on a rail.

It's the idiots that come here with an attitude, make nothing but negative posts, and then seem to enjoy the bickering that takes place. Easy to start fights while hiding behind a keyboard, and it must give them a false sense of importance. Guess some don't mind making a fool of themselves.

I'm just an old Harley biker and don't follow or believe in all this "PC" stuff that seems to be the new "accepted" method of dealing with people, just so no one will become upset or sniff and whine.

I don't care, and would never belittle anyone for their choice of rides, be it a Harley, Honday, Yamaha, or anything else, but this is a Harley site. I myself could care less about imported bikes, and I don't spend time on the Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki or whatever web sites.

I find it almost amusing how easily some people get upset, whine, threaten to leave, and play the 'poor mistreat me' game when they hear (read) things which they find offensive. It's almost like the internet has become a reality to them. I wonder how some ever survived before computers and the internet.

Some people need to get a grip.If you don't like what you read it's simple to 'turn the channel' instead of making a big deal about it.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Tinker Bell
Banned

An example of your behavior thatwent against my grainwas you had no difficulty bashing Bluerose on the open forum but then you suggested that if she had anything else to say to you that she should pm you. Why didn't you put your remarks to her in a pm instead of on the forum?
Did I bash her, really? I don't recall making it personal with her, seems to me it was the other way around, of course thats just my view since it was directed at me. I simply answered her reply. Exactly how is that bashing her again? As far as taking it to PM I felt that she was already making it personal and it would only degrade from there. Unless of course that was her intention.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

The way I look at it the general content of this site is pretty obvious, especially when you consider it's name of "hdforums.com".

This is a Harley forum, plain and simple.

Just some general observations from the 2+ years I've been a member, but I've never seen owners of other bikes ask reasonable and rational question about Harley's, and then get run out on a rail.

It's the idiots that come here with an attitude, make nothing but negative posts, and then seem to enjoy the bickering that takes place. Easy to start fights while hiding behind a keyboard, and it must give them a false sense of importance. Guess some don't mind making a fool of themselves.

I'm just an old Harley biker and don't follow or believe in all this "PC" stuff that seems to be the new "accepted" method of dealing with people, just so no one will become upset or sniff and whine.

I don't care, and would never belittle anyone for their choice of rides, be it a Harley, Honday, Yamaha, or anything else, but this is a Harley site. I myself could care less about imported bikes, and I don't spend time on the Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki or whatever web sites.

I find it almost amusing how easily some people get upset, whine, threaten to leave, and play the 'poor mistreat me' game when they hear (read) things which they find offensive. It's almost like the internet has become a reality to them. I wonder how some ever survived before computers and the internet.

Some people need to get a grip.If you don't like what you read it's simple to 'turn the channel' instead of making a big deal about it.

Anyway, just my opinion.

JMHO here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I like your opinion

Old 08-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

Dammit![:@][:@][:@]
I can't decide which thread is more fun! This one, or the Jim--87Lowrider thread! You should see it, Yoda's diddling some sheep over there!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior

I just have to wonder why in the hell anyone would want to be a moderator and get all this grief.
Worser'n a bunch a second graders sometimes. LOL[sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 08-14-2007, 01:31 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

WOW!!!!!!!!!....GREAT SITE......THANKS FOR THE LINK!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!