General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D-Bags with the loud stereos.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 01:45 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,219 Likes on 806 Posts

Everybody has things that bother them. Some choose to ignore them and go on about their own business. Some choose to bitch and complain like a bunch of old ladies.Im sure those people never ever did anything to annoy the hell out of anybody else

Old 04-27-2022, 01:51 PM
SirHarley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,022 Likes on 523 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Herbherb
I’ve had two days off since Christmas. I’ve lost count of how many 12s I worked this year. I got Easter weekend off. I will work every day till July 4 have a couple weeks off for vacation then work everyday till Christmas. I can count how many days I get off most years besides my three weeks of vacation on one hand it is not uncommon for me to work 29 out of 30 days a month 12 hours. Go four months straight with no days off. And 90% of those 12 hour days. Yeah I guess you could say I got a job. Some years I will work more 12 hour days than most work eight hours.my means go far beyond my paid off 03 truck 14 car and 14 bike
Sounds like you need to retire...I worked at a plant where OT was the norm for many years. Lots of guys had 2 houses, motorcycles and no time to enjoy them. The plant closed down, and in two weeks it was all gone. The last days were like going to a funeral. Guys talked of selling their homes and bikes. We got 2 weeks severance pay and hit the unemployment line. Some said it would never happen. There were some guys that died while working schedules like that. Just keep your self in shape to enjoy the fruits of your labors.
OT is never meant to be dependent upon. I always lived on my regular salary, and any OT was for saving and playing.

Last edited by SirHarley; 04-27-2022 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:54 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 18,207 Likes on 10,075 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Everybody has things that bother them. Some choose to ignore them and go on about their own business. Some choose to bitch and complain like a bunch of old ladies.Im sure those people never ever did anything to annoy the hell out of anybody else
I know I did, but then I grew up...more importantly now, I try and keep the peace so as to not be arrested . In my day someone would ,could and did call the police for "loud music" they would pull us over in our cars for loud music.

Old 04-27-2022, 01:57 PM
Herbherb
Tourer
Received 184 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by SirHarley
Sounds like you need to retire...I worked at a plant where OT was the norm for many years. Lots of guys had 2 houses, motorcycles and no time to enjoy them. The plant closed down, and in two weeks it was all gone. The last days were like going to a funeral. Guys talked of selling their homes and bikes. We got 2 weeks severance pay and hit the unemployment line. Some said it would never happen.
OT is never meant to be dependent upon. I always lived on my regular salary, and any OT was for saving and playing.
man I got 14 years left. We have worked seven days a week at my plant for 70/80 years. I invest and save more than I spend each week. I don’t rely on overtime I just use it to help me retire early. My girl works as well. So that helps. Guys I work with spend big. Newest thing I own is a 14 street glide that’s paid for. House an 1100 ranch

Old 04-27-2022, 02:11 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

I could see working like that if you can retire early ,say 50-55 years old...

Old 04-27-2022, 03:11 PM
Herbherb
Tourer
Received 184 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Glidester
I could see working like that if you can retire early ,say 50-55 years old...
going to a new department will cut the hours down big time. I do plan on working till 55 to collect my pension. If I get new department next week hopefully I will be on on 40 hours a week saving most of money so at 55 I will retire and be well off. I just turned 40 so I still need health insurance for a few more years.Yes though the day I turn 55 I will retire and live off pension, dividends, and rental properties.I don’t like the long hours but I work in a union shop and last ten years I ain’t had a choice. Now I’m getting some stripes I will slow down.

Old 04-27-2022, 03:13 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Herbherb
going to a new department will cut the hours down big time. I do plan on working till 55 to collect my pension. If I get new department next week hopefully I will be on on 40 hours a week saving most of money so at 55 I will retire and be well off. I just turned 40 so I still need health insurance for a few more years.Yes though the day I turn 55 I will retire and live off pension, dividends, and rental properties.I don’t like the long hours but I work in a union shop and last ten years I ain’t had a choice. Now I’m getting some stripes I will slow down.
Good . 40 is when I asked myself "WTF am I doing" or should I say when i realized i didnt want to bust my butt much longer. yeah you usually end up in a different position where your experience pays off. or thats what should happen as you get older. 40 isnt bad though, but set yourself up for 50 + be a foreman or manager etc.

Old 04-27-2022, 03:47 PM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,747 Posts

Originally Posted by jamala00
If everyone kept to themselves and minded their own business we pretty much wouldn't have a forum. Pretty much what every thread is, is someone's opinion about something.
i have an opinion but they are like ******** every body got 1 and they all stink. but i do love my LOUD pipes, and dont give a damn what anybody thinks about them, or me. so there is that

The following users liked this post:
jamala00 (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 03:58 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Ok I'm gong to get a stereo for my Harley and blast "Battery" by Metallica on repeat everywhere i go.it will be my "ride up" theme music...

Old 04-27-2022, 05:31 PM
Cap77
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,183 Likes on 2,641 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Glidester
Ok I'm gong to get a stereo for my Harley and blast "Battery" by Metallica
I can't decide what to blast
Barry Manilow or Glen Beck talk radio?

decisions, decisions....

..L.T.A.

Quick Reply: D-Bags with the loud stereos.