General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bike!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005 | 04:04 AM
BikerInTheDesert
|
Road Master
Default New Bike!!!

Finalized the order on a Street Glide through AAFES today. Black Pearl. EFI. Should be coming out of the December allotment and maybe showing up back home in January... Guess it'll wait on me. Trying to keep this post low key, 'cause I'm so WIRED!! Gonna add this one to the stable with my Sporty, and when I get home I'm going to see if I can wear the rubber off the tires!

Just had to tell somebody, I've got too much time to go looking for stuff I want to do to the bike...spending all the money I haven't made yet...

[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif]
[sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]
[sm=massbounce.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]
[sm=teetertooter.gif]

Gave up on low key. Guess I'll just sit here and twitch in anticipation.

Old 11-12-2005 | 01:13 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: New Bike!!!

Congrats on getting the new Harley. Don't worry about trying to keep it low keyed ( hehe) we can handle it. I remember when I got my Springer, I was really pumped also. Hope you have a good day and you get to ride your new scoot soon.

Old 11-12-2005 | 03:53 PM
Renegade
Tourer

Great Deal! I got my bike over here in the desert also. Low Rider for me. Good luck.

Old 11-12-2005 | 04:55 PM
brohrs
Road Captain

What did you have to cough up for it? Iam curious about prices in the desert.

Old 11-12-2005 | 05:39 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Heath,
Glad to hear about the bike. Your post is so low key, I was wondring just how excited you are.

Old 11-12-2005 | 06:29 PM
Camera108
Intermediate

I am not deployed, so I ordered mine through dealer. Mine may have cost more in funds, but you have paid up front a service we all thank you for. You deserve both our thanks, AND this new bike. Congrats. "Drive On" will have new meaning soon. Enjoy.
Skip

Old 11-12-2005 | 08:18 PM
jdag
Tourer

Congrats on joining the club! You made a great choice!

Old 11-12-2005 | 09:25 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

Did you pay the $900 for the extended warrantee? When I ordered mine, they kept adding that in. When I got home and talked to the people in NY that you send your money to, I asked if I had to keep that option...NOPE.

So I cancelled that...

Prices through AAFES is better by about $1500 than sticker on an average, and you save on local taxes at registration (if you have any) but you'll still have to pay state tax...

Mac

Old 11-13-2005 | 12:57 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

your gonna love the glide!! congrats on the new ride

Old 11-13-2005 | 01:35 AM
BikerInTheDesert
|
Road Master

pilot1996, I didn't pay the money for the extra warranty, talked to the guy, since they just tag that on there automatically, convinced him I wasn't interested. The factory 2 year will cover til I get home, and I plan on violating the engine warranty soon after I arrive anyway, so...

BROHRS, The final price is based off of the invoice price, rather than the typical MSRP, save $25 on the alarm...still pay shipping and set-up fees, so I save about $1800 on the best dealer offer I could get back home (they're sticking pretty close to the MSRP in Texas), putting me at $17,800 +TTL, which will be assessed when it arrives at the dealer. Made me happy.

I appreciate the well wishes, but, I did my time in uniform over here in '03 with the 101st, now I'm back as a civilian in support of the guys in Tan. They really deserve our appreciation and blessings.

Snarly, I do manage low key nicely, no?

Thanks again, everybody! I'll definitely be on the forum everyday until I get home...no other way to feed the jones.

Quick Reply: New Bike!!!