General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"THIS IS BULLSH*T"

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: "THIS IS BULLSH*T"

Did the guy commit a more serious violation, cuz the other vehicle was a motorcycle?

NO.

It is a traffic accident, NOT a traffic [/i]on-purpose[/i]. Unless you can prove that the driver:

A: Hit the motorcycle on purpose

or

B: Prior to the accident, was driving in a manner that was likely to endanger himself or others

then, it is ONLY a traffic offense.

I would like to see where you pulled your info from, that states that "in 1% of car-motorcycle accidents, where the car driver is at fault for failure to yield the right of way, is that driver ticketed".

I call BS. You are making it sound like LESS enforcment action is taken in car-motorcycle wrecks, than is taken in car-car wrecks. Maybe you can provide us with some links to back up that claim.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

are you a member of ABATE? If not, join and be active. Let your voice be heard.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:13 PM
bfred
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: B dog
WTF is ABATE doing ? Fighting our congressman for the right not to ware a helment while people kill bikers all over the USA ???? No wonder they think bikers are stupid.
We need to wake the hell up and unite together as bikers and do something about people getting away with killing bikers. Everyone on this site should talk to there local ABATE and get something done about this.
Yup. Talk and join your local ABATE. It's a long hard road and just within the last couple years they are finally achieving biker awareness in driver education programs, radio stations' commercialsadvertising
that drivers be aware of motorcycles, large awareness banners stretched across town squares, ect.
Clearly, this is still not enough.
Get involved, attend some meetings, write your congressmen. ABATE is much more than helmet laws.
Stiffer penalties for causing fatal accidents has been/is always on the agenda, along with cell phone usage and any other distractive B.S. inatentive car drivers are doing while causing accidents.
This may sound corny but don't askwhat ABATE can do for you, ask what you can do for ABATE.
Strength in numbers man, and last time I checked, there's a whole lot more motorcycle riders out there
than ever before. Without the efforts of ABATE, we may not even be able to ride someday.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:20 PM
B dog
Banned

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

Did the guy commit a more serious violation, cuz the other vehicle was a motorcycle?

NO.

It is a traffic accident, NOT a traffic [/i]on-purpose[/i]. Unless you can prove that the driver:

or

B: Prior to the accident, was driving in a manner that was likely to endanger himself or others

I would like to see where you pulled your info from, that states that "in 1% of car-motorcycle accidents, where the car driver is at fault for failure to yield the right of way, is that driver ticketed".

I call BS. You are making it sound like LESS enforcment action is taken in car-motorcycle wrecks, than is taken in car-car wrecks. Maybe you can provide us with some links to back up that claim.

One would figure you being a LEO that you would of done some homework before shooting your donut eating overweight mouth off. First off. WTF IS A TICKET when you've taken a leg or life ? Second, go call the FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAY SAFETY and MOTOR VEHICLES ( Florida crash records database). There you can find all the evidence you need to back up my statements. Any other questions MR LEO ?
And as far as im concerned- IF YOU'VE GOT YOUR HEAD UP YOUR AS* PLAYING WITH A C-PHONE , RADIO , BOOMBOX , MAKEUP , LOOKING COOL BY LAYING YOUR SEAT ALL THE WAY DOWN, DRINKING TO MUCH, BEING A IDIOT WHILE OPERATING A VEHICLE AND YOU CAUSE AN ACCIDENT. "
"YOU SHOULD BE CHARGED PERIOD"

Old 08-13-2007, 01:23 PM
B dog
Banned

ORIGINAL: bfred

WTF is ABATE doing ? Fighting our congressman for the right not to ware a helment while people kill bikers all over the USA ???? No wonder they think bikers are stupid.
We need to wake the hell up and unite together as bikers and do something about people getting away with killing bikers. Everyone on this site should talk to there local ABATE and get something done about this.
Yup. Talk and join your local ABATE. It's a long hard road and just within the last couple years they are finally achieving biker awareness in driver education programs, radio stations' commercialsadvertising
that drivers be aware of motorcycles, large awareness banners stretched across town squares, ect.
Clearly, this is still not enough.
Get involved, attend some meetings, write your congressmen. ABATE is much more than helmet laws.
Stiffer penalties for causing fatal accidents has been/is always on the agenda, along with cell phone usage and any other distractive B.S. inatentive car drivers are doing while causing accidents.
This may sound corny but don't askwhat ABATE can do for you, ask what you can do for ABATE.
Strength in numbers man, and last time I checked, there's a whole lot more motorcycle riders out there
than ever before. Without the efforts of ABATE, we may not even be able to ride someday.
Already a member and im doing all i can but i need help. We need more members and people who care about motorcycle rights. Please. If you don't want to come to the meatings, at least voice your opinions and suport your local chapter.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
bfred
Intermediate

Already a member and im doing all i can but i need help. We need more members and people who care about motorcycle rights. Please. If you don't want to come to the meatings, at least voice your opinions and suport your local chapter.
Cool. We're on the same page then, and you are ABSOLUTELY right.
We need more members and people who not only care about motorcycle rights, but care enough to get involved in motorcycle rights through ABATE. Every bit helps.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 531 Posts

Old 08-13-2007, 01:41 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

NO.

or

One would figure you being a LEO that you would of done some homework before shooting your donut eating overweight mouth off. First off. WTF IS A TICKET when you've taken a leg or life ? Second, go call the FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAY SAFETY and MOTOR VEHICLES ( Florida crash records database). There you can find all the evidence you need to back up my statements. Any other questions MR LEO ?
And as far as im concerned- IF YOU'VE GOT YOUR HEAD UP YOUR AS* PLAYING WITH A C-PHONE , RADIO , BOOMBOX , MAKEUP , LOOKING COOL BY LAYING YOUR SEAT ALL THE WAY DOWN, DRINKING TO MUCH, BEING A IDIOT WHILE OPERATING A VEHICLE AND YOU CAUSE AN ACCIDENT. "
"YOU SHOULD BE CHARGED PERIOD"
The end of your rant falls in with what I said about: If you are driving in a manner likely to endanger yourself of others. Ie, playing with the phone, radio, boombox, makeup, drinking, etc etc etc.

BTW...I don't like donuts, and I am hardly overweight.

As far asexperience?

Basic Accident School
Advanced Accident Investigation
Accident Reconstruction School
Motorcycle Accident Reconstruction School
12+ years traffic experience in trafffic enforcement, Motor carrier enforcement, dui enforcment, etc etc
8+ yrs member of the Accident Reconstruction Unit

Old 08-13-2007, 01:47 PM
madelf
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's any consolation, these idiots don't get charged half the time when they hit a car either.

Some half-blind old fogey ran a stop sign and totaled three cars (one of them my Mom's) awhile back. He never got a ticket. But my Mom got her insurance cancelled. It's equal opportunity stupidity out there.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Philip1228
Cruiser

My grandmother was killed in May of this year by a driver of a truck(she was in a truck as well) and because the driver was not impaired in anyway he was only ticketed for failure to yeild(he passed the stop sign). I thought it was BS, but the DA showed me that it was nothing more than an accident which resulted sadly in the loss of a life. If not impaired they will not charge vehicular homicide. Now in civil court he is neglegent and will have to settle up but criminally he is not. I don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Quick Reply: "THIS IS BULLSH*T"