General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3/4 and full face convertable helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:18 PM
glory racing
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3/4 and full face convertable helmets?

Been sweating in a 102 for a couple of years. Nice helmet with features you usually have to pay extra for...Fog insert and chin strap buckle, both work great. However, my next modular full face will probably be a different brand. The Nolan sun visor is on the outside, so if you raise your shield, you lose the sun visor. Also, the sun visor scratches the shield. There are other brands where the sun visor is on the inside which does not create these problems.Sorry, but I cannot remember the brand right now. Don't get me wrong, the Nolan is quality andI can wear it all day, but I will search for the improvements mentioned before buying another one.
Ride safe,
Mark

Old 08-13-2007, 02:32 PM
guitarman777
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: outdoorgirl57

I have the H-D Stealth modular and I LOVE it. (It is actually made by KBC I believe.) I had a Fulmer Modus modular before that but it was not comfortable on long rides. (Not enough padding or ventilation.) HJC also makes a nice modular.
I've got the Fulmer; I like it, but you're right on that it doesn't have enough padding or ventilation. I'm probably going to make the H-D Stealth my next one.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:45 PM
smudge
Tourer

Got a KBC modular, great for cooling off when it's hot, and you can flip it up for a smoke while riding. It is a little heavy for long runs.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:21 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I, too, have the Fulmer Modus. They have a great warranty. I'm on my second one in 2.5 months. First one was literally falling apart and began to whistle loud enough to make you deaf at 65mph. Replacement only whistles at 65 when there is a quartering front wind. Also causes a lot of neck strain after about an hour. Wearing a half helmet and goggles these days. Have developed a taste for large bugs.
For Sale: Fulmer Modus. Silver. Hardly used. Size Large. PM me for price.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: glory racing

Been sweating in a 102 for a couple of years. Nice helmet with features you usually have to pay extra for...Fog insert and chin strap buckle, both work great. However, my next modular full face will probably be a different brand. The Nolan sun visor is on the outside, so if you raise your shield, you lose the sun visor. Also, the sun visor scratches the shield. There are other brands where the sun visor is on the inside which does not create these problems.Sorry, but I cannot remember the brand right now. Don't get me wrong, the Nolan is quality andI can wear it all day, but I will search for the improvements mentioned before buying another one.
Ride safe,
Mark
I'm wondering if maybe something isn't adjusted properly on your helmet,or if perhaps that's a problem with the model.you have.The N-41 I use functions perfectly-no scratches being caused by the sun visor.As for the sun visor being on the outside ? I wouldn't want it any other way.Easy/fast up or down to quicklyadapt to conditions while you're rolling.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:53 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a KBC and hate it. It is so noisy with the face sheild cloed it drives me crazy. My half helmet is quieter. It quiets down alot with the face flipped up though.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:13 AM
glory racing
5th Gear

x train,

Perhaps there was an adjustment problem. I recently replaced the shield so we will see if there was a problem with the original. I found one of the brands that have the sun visor on the inside. It is a Schuberth. There is a lever on the clutch sideof the helmet that you use to move the visor up or down. Worth checking out when its time for a replacement.

mark